Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Mary Jo - is that village made with thread? Your thread work is beautiful, as is everything you make.

Well, off to work on rug coaster number 4 - i really want to get going on a poncho for me, too.  I've narrowed it down to a couple of simple patterns, just having a hard time deciding, esp since I want to use stash for it and not look like I'm walking around wearing a rug...lol!

Later, gators

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The village is actually made with sports or lt. ww yarn.  It reads 2 or 3 on the wrapper. 

This is the kit.  https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=133171&cat_id=38 

They gave me enough to make Rudolph and Santa.  I had the yarn for the other characters.

Well off to make dinner. :hug 

Bumbles bounce!  Love those characters MJ!!

Judy... WTG on the coasters....

Here is a pic of the afghan I finished for my nephew... THE Ohio State Buckeyes colors.... its want he wanted... but he lives in Texas... and he is coming for Christmas in NC.... ahh well...

I got the first strip of Ethan's( gs#3) blanket done today in the car... I am in total elf mode!

Now a days when I spend the whole day crocheting I have to take an advil or two because of arthritis in my thumb... have any of you tried using one of those gloves when you crochet that is suppose to give you hand support?

post-497-0-89306300-1478311557_thumb.jpg

The village is actually made with sports or lt. ww yarn.  It reads 2 or 3 on the wrapper. 

This is the kit.  https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=133171&cat_id=38 

They gave me enough to make Rudolph and Santa.  I had the yarn for the other characters.

Well off to make dinner. :hug 

What a sweet kit! They'll look great on your table!

Judy... WTG on the coasters....​Thanks! I need to get a pic to post. I actually made two more last night - kept one for myself that I didn't like well enough to gift. I'm picky...lol!

Here is a pic of the afghan I finished for my nephew... THE Ohio State Buckeyes colors.... its want he wanted... but he lives in Texas... and he is coming for Christmas in NC.... ahh well...

I got the first strip of Ethan's( gs#3) blanket done today in the car... I am in total elf mode!

Now a days when I spend the whole day crocheting I have to take an advil or two because of arthritis in my thumb... have any of you tried using one of those gloves when you crochet that is suppose to give you hand support?

Beautiful work!!

I've never used those gloves you mentioned. Is there a different way you can hold your hook?

Love the afghan.

As for the gloves, they hurt me worse than just putting wrist support or braces.  The thing that wraps around your wrist.  At night I use wrist braces the ones with the metal down the palm.  They both work great for me.

Got our hair cut and I got out all my yarn for the next 2 characters.

I am still trying to figure out what to give my friend for Christmas.  I have given her bags, scarfs, potholders, placemats, towels, I am stumped.

Love the rugs, shoot Judy you should of given me a shout.  I am sure I have green here.

Have a fun day everyone.

Rug coasters....used variegated because I couldn't find any green

Love the blanket and the coasters!!! Lovely. My hands only hurt when making amigurumis. And they feel like they are going to fall off!

Oo! Lovely coasters!

Well I couldn't take it any longer, I had to get back to sewing together my brothers blanket. I should have made my niece's birthday present but I couldn't take looking at that pile of squares anymore. They were taunting me!!

I didn't get very far today but I'll tell you this, I'm so glad I sewed 1/2 the squares together already. I'd be so overwhelmed if I had a giant pile of squares to see up. I have Vets day off from school so I'm hoping to make some real progress then! Pics soon when I have something pic worthy!

MJ, I never thought to ask if anyone had green...and I'm sure you have it...lol! If anything like this comes up again I'll definitely give a shout out!

Charis, I try not to leave attaching squares till the end - if possible. There are some patterns I've done where I couldn't do that, but it really keeps you from pulling out your hair if you can get a head start!

http://www.goddesscrochet.com/2015/09/10/easy-peasy-ponco-free-crochet-pattern/  

This is the pattern (with the V neck) that I'm making for myself. I have shades of lavender and gray - with a little black throw in. I may make it using HDC instead of sc, otherwise I might never finish it!

Wow that looks like a very pretty poncho.

Finished Sam the Snowman, I called him Frosty. I am now on to Yukon Cornelius.  It is amazing how fast these characters work up. 6 down 6 to go.

I do have to stop and make some squares for a couple of friends.

Well, off to see what the world has going on.

Lots of Hugs around :hug 

Well, my son came to visit this weekend and he suggested the copper infused  they apparently stimulate more heat on her hand which in turn helpd keep the blood circulating as you use your hand and the warmth is what keeps teh pain at bay... I am going to order some and see how they work... its mostly the base of my thumb that connects to the wrist  and my middle finger on the same hand..

not much crocheting... but I did take a good nap after everyone left today!

If you can find them.  The ones with magnets are great for your hands also.  Tampa Guy has said he will duct tape some magnets to my wrist if I want.  The man thinks he is funny. :rofl 

I finished Yukon Cornelius yesterday and today I started Big Foot.  The white one, can't spell the first name.  Anyway, he is BIG compared to the others.  7 down 5 to go.  Next will be the misfit toys.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs. :hug 

MJ, I never thought to ask if anyone had green...and I'm sure you have it...lol! If anything like this comes up again I'll definitely give a shout out!

Charis, I try not to leave attaching squares till the end - if possible. There are some patterns I've done where I couldn't do that, but it really keeps you from pulling out your hair if you can get a head start!

http://www.goddesscrochet.com/2015/09/10/easy-peasy-ponco-free-crochet-pattern/  

This is the pattern (with the V neck) that I'm making for myself. I have shades of lavender and gray - with a little black throw in. I may make it using HDC instead of sc, otherwise I might never finish it!

Oooh, I like that poncho, I wonder how it would be in that Bernat baby blanket yarn. I have to make me one sometime soon.

Well, my son came to visit this weekend and he suggested the copper infused  they apparently stimulate more heat on her hand which in turn helpd keep the blood circulating as you use your hand and the warmth is what keeps teh pain at bay... I am going to order some and see how they work... its mostly the base of my thumb that connects to the wrist  and my middle finger on the same hand..

not much crocheting... but I did take a good nap after everyone left today!

That's where my thumb hurts when do amigurumis. It will get so sore I can't even touch it without pain! Hope the copper helps you.

If you can find them.  The ones with magnets are great for your hands also.  Tampa Guy has said he will duct tape some magnets to my wrist if I want.  The man thinks he is funny. :rofl 

I finished Yukon Cornelius yesterday and today I started Big Foot.  The white one, can't spell the first name.  Anyway, he is BIG compared to the others.  7 down 5 to go.  Next will be the misfit toys.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs. :hug 

Lol at Tampa Guy. I cannot wait to see your Bigfoot!!!! He sounds awesome. I have one many projects want to crochet, i will never get it all done. I think my next project is going to be my toast blanket I've been wanting to make myself. That is if I ever get these graphghans finished! ????

I swear it is going to be a pink lion.

So far i have the main body and the mane.

attachicon.gif14786329465301122830957.jpg

Now i need to make the head, four legs and a tail.

It is a character from my son's favorite show Steven Universe.

I have looked and looked at what you have the body wrapped around and it is not coming into my pea brain.  My guess would be a sausage roll?   :rofl  Can't wait to see this lion all done.

Can't seem to get motivated today.

Rat dog, that's going to be cute!

MJ, sounds like your mojo up and left! You'll find it again :yes

So, I'm making another hat. It''s going to a HS friend and she's sending me something in return - she's very crafty! I love bartering!

This one will be in Lagoon, Homespun.

Looking forward to seeing all the finished projects!

Here's the same hat pattern I made before, this one for an adult, using Lagoon Homespun

post-8552-0-25472700-1478986941_thumb.jpg

Archived