Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, so much, ladies! I had to stand on a kitchen chair to get it all in the frame...lol!

The finish was timed well, too. No hook time yesterday after the last round was done on Mr. Eagle. Our AC died yesterday afternoon. Repair people re coming at 8 this morning, tg! At least the humidity lightened up - horrible night... Our unit is 20 years old - and the summer was so bad, it finally gave up the ghost.

Have a good day, my friends 

119 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

So far i have finished

2 shark attack blankets

1 mermaid tail blanket

1 set of make up remover pads

1 small filet crochet initial doily

I need to finish (start)

1 seashell throw

2 dresser scarves

Scarf and gloves set (?)

Pink lion (from the cartoon Steven Universe)

A few snowflakes for my own tree

As you can see the list is not the same as posted in January

How is everyone else doing with the Christmas lists?

119 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

So far i have finished

2 shark attack blankets

1 mermaid tail blanket

1 set of make up remover pads

1 small filet crochet initial doily

I need to finish (start)

1 seashell throw

2 dresser scarves

Scarf and gloves set (?)

A few snowflakes for my own tree

As you can see the list is not the same as posted in January

How is everyone else doing with the Christmas lists?

Looks like a manageable list!

I don't have any list for Christmas - maybe some bookmarks or some such thing....

Wow ratdog you are really moving along.

Well, here it is.  The Japanese Weave Wrap.  I used Berroco Comfort Chunky, that is very soft, but does have a tendency to split.  It also lays beautifully.

post-105-0-27568000-1472318427_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-96957700-1472318434_thumb.jpg

That is so pretty! Definitely worth all thw time and effort.

Finished the last shell square. Of course all 5 are slightly different so i will have to get creative when i join them together.

No more crochet today. Off to church, then dinner and a "shadow cast" movie ( the actors on stage pantomime the action on the screen as the movie plays).

Well, here it is.  The Japanese Weave Wrap.  I used Berroco Comfort Chunky, that is very soft, but does have a tendency to split.  It also lays beautifully.

attachicon.gifJapanese Weave Wrap 001 (2).JPGattachicon.gifJapanese Weave Wrap 003 (2).JPG

:nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy

Holy MAcaroni ya'll are showing me up!  I am so far behind... Jeremy had a gallbladder attack ( son) so I went down there for a few days to help out... started finally going through my mom's stuff... very hard to do since she is still alive .. yet not really there... Good work MJ & ratdog... maybe tomorrow I can post a pic of the graphgan I am pluggin away at... it has gone from a birthday to a Christmas gift..

Mr. Eagle, in all his 46 by 64 inches of glory!

Oh wow, just simply beautiful!

attachicon.gifJapanese Weave Wrap 001 (2).JPGattachicon.gifJapanese Weave Wrap 003 (2).JPG

This turned out gorgeous as well!

Old progress:

53/233 sonic

79/150 steelers 

I havn't decided if I'm starting another afghan yet. I wish I had been able to get someing done for her birthday today, but am so behind on everything I want to make. I think I may have YEARS of crochet projects printed out to to.

New Progress:

53/233 Sonic

83/150 Steelers

You go, Daphne!! :cheer  :clap  :cheer  You'll never be bored!

Holy MAcaroni ya'll are showing me up!  I am so far behind... Jeremy had a gallbladder attack ( son) so I went down there for a few days to help out... started finally going through my mom's stuff... very hard to do since she is still alive .. yet not really there... Good work MJ & ratdog... maybe tomorrow I can post a pic of the graphgan I am pluggin away at... it has gone from a birthday to a Christmas gift..

:hug  :hug  :hug  :hug

:hug  :hug  :hug To all who need one today :hug  :hug  :hug 

My hook is back in action the last 2 days.  I have been making Christmas Stockings and today I will get some pictures.  I have a couple of Halloween/Thanksgiving things I want to make so that I can cross them off my list.

Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone is doing.

Ratdog, I do not envy you working on an afghan in this heat, but can't wait to see it done.

Our AC is still broken - tg for the window unit in the living room! Day 5....

:hug  :hug  :hug To all who need one today :hug  :hug  :hug 

My hook is back in action the last 2 days.  I have been making Christmas Stockings and today I will get some pictures.  I have a couple of Halloween/Thanksgiving things I want to make so that I can cross them off my list.Oh, I'm so looking forward to seeing Holiday stuff!!!

Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone is doing.

Ratdog, I do not envy you working on an afghan in this heat, but can't wait to see it done.

Finished some stockings for Cindy's charity.  I am working on a pattern for book marks, that use large paperclips.  One is an owl, a fox and a skull with cross bones.  Super cute.

I have my patterns lined up for the to do list, as I am finally going to get to them.

Have a fun day.

post-105-0-92536700-1472646072_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo - the stockings are so cute! How big are they? And which Cindy has the charity going?

Can't wait to see your bookmarks!

Day 6...waiting for the repair people to come....

The temp is 76 and the humidity is 88....good thing my hair curls so nicely in this weather...lol!

Mary Jo - the stockings are so cute! How big are they? And which Cindy has the charity going?

Can't wait to see your bookmarks!

They are 6" tall and the Cindy is RecycleCindy You can see it in the Charity Thread.

Crocheting 10 stocking for the wounded warrior project, then I will go back to christmas gift... I am not sure why the Christmas gifts are bogging me down this year.... I am really procrastinating...

Has anyone heard from Mary Jo?

Hugs~

Archived