Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Jo, she is beautiful!!!!   Your attention to detail, esp on the hat, is amazing! It will be well loved.

Good Morning and Happy Father's Day to all the men in our lives.

Thank you all for the compliments on the doll.  I have gathered the material for the next one.  Ginger Snap. 

I remember the Rainbow Brite group and Strawberry Shortcake group. 

Beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning.  Up bright and early this morning.  Waiting for the sun to come up.

No big plans this morning, just some cleaning and then sitting down to work on some things.

Hey looking for some Caron Cuddle Soft in Baby Green.  Maybe you have a skein or two to share?  I know it is discontinued, but I thought I had more than one.  The only other skein I have that matches the color is in WW, so not good.

Have fun today.

Good morning ladies!!

Mary Jo, sounds like you have an assembly line going there! I can't sit too long or my back lets me know. I have to get up about every 20 minutes to keep it OK, but I get on such a cool sometimes that I forget :P   Makes for lots of interrupted crochet time. I may need to work up in my sitting room more - the chair up there is a desk chair and I think it's better.

Looking forward to seeing Ginger Snap!

And unfortunatley that yarn you're looking for has never been member of my stash. I'm sure you'll figure out something.

Thanks Judianne, but I think that yarn was given to me via someone else's stash.  I think I got it when my SIL gave me her friend's Mother's stash after her Mother passed.

I am still going thru my yarn, maybe I will get lucky.

She is soooo cute Mary Jo. I think her face looks fine. I'm not good with faces either when I am crocheting. It's hard to get them on correctly. What does the original pattern say to do with the face? I have tried different types of faces with crochet, painting, stitching and crocheting the eyes and mouth and sewing on. I'm not a fan of any of them usually when I get them done. I have seen awesome faces on some crochet pieces, wish mine would turn out as well. 

Did nothing today except clean... crochet... clean... crochet... LOL... If I could just get over the :lol  cleaning part I'd be good

I'm totally with you on that one! :lol

She is soooo cute Mary Jo. I think her face looks fine. I'm not good with faces either when I am crocheting. It's hard to get them on correctly. What does the original pattern say to do with the face? I have tried different types of faces with crochet, painting, stitching and crocheting the eyes and mouth and sewing on. I'm not a fan of any of them usually when I get them done. I have seen awesome faces on some crochet pieces, wish mine would turn out as well. 

The original pattern has cutouts for the eyes.  All in felt and done in 3 colors.  White, brown and black.  The templets are to big for the smaller dolls.  I tried safety eyes for the second one.

Good Morning everyone.

Another beautiful day here in Florida and we have a surprise this morning.  NO HUMIDITY.  It is like a spring day.

Cleaned the kitchen, breakfast nook this morning, now after breakfast, I will go to my corner and crochet.

I have given up on the yarn I was looking for.  One afghan I have done, can be used for a dolly blanket, so it will go off to one of the charities I try and crochet for.

I almost have the second doll done, this one is called Ginger Snap.

That is my day so far, how is yours?

Oh everyone out West, please be careful and try to stay cool and hydrated.

Good afternoon. I spent my morning avoiding cleaning and crochetind a doily (about 1\3 done) for a small trinket tray for my sister in law for Christmas. Doing small stuff because I can't get motivated to start another blanket.

Rat dog - sometimes I do a small project for instant gratification, too. It usually serves as a kick start to get my mojo going if it's been missing for a while.

Good Morning,

Hey ratdog, it is to hot to work on a blanket.  The humidity is down, but it is suppose to come back up this afternoon.

Sometimes to get motivated, I will look at some of my old patterns and see what strikes me.  That works most of the time, or I will make some small like judianne says.

Have a great day and please stay cool, especially out west.

ratdog that is very nice...

So to motivate myself to clean I usually crochet while watching an episode of Hoarders :hook

I have to work tomorrow...maybe I can sneak a bit of yarn and a hook in :hook

Love the doily and the afghan.

Did not do much yesterday, just took the day off.  I called in with lack of interest. :rofl   Just could not get motivated.

Today is a trip for a Dh's 3 month blood test, the bank and then the store.  If I am up to it, maybe a trip to Michael's, who knows.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have a fun day.

Holly - awesome graph ghan!!

Mary Jo - I have a feeling a walk through Michaels will take care of finding your mojo...lol!

Baby graphghan is coming along - even with a two day break while my brother visited from SC.

Good Morning all!

Finished the doily with a simple shell edge. Will make a dresser scarf to go with it for my SIL for Christmas. (Found a great site for hemstitched items hemstitcher.com)

Off for the weekend with my hubby! Celebrating or 25th anniversary.

Pretty doily, ratdog!

Maybe I need to start watching Hoarders, Lea. I do a lot more crocheting (or anything else) than cleaning.

Holly, your graphghan is impressive! Looks like a lot of work!

I'm down to the border on the owl blanket and have just gotten started on a baby blanket. It's going to be another HOT day here with company coming on Saturday.

Archived