Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Okay... new list here..

So far I need two of the truck/ construction totes Sandra made for Christmas

something for a 6 month old

a graph ghan for one of the boys

Hmmm  where is my mojo????

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apak do you have a pattern to the Octupuses? Would. Love to make them. They would go so well with my jellyfishes.

minwifeof4boys I love making those bags. I need to design a Ninja Turtle one soon. Daughter wants one. I made her a skull bag. Will have her get a picture of it.

Our mojo has taken a vacation.  It is to hot to handle the heavy yarn and it is laying on the beach somewhere. :rofl   Mine is anyway.

Good Morning.  I finally go the arms and the sweater done for Strawberry Shortcake.  I hope to have her pants and hat done today.  I will have Dh take a picture when she is all in her glory.  He looked over last night and said, that is the smallest sweater I have every seen.  They he says I love her.  I told him she will be going out with her friends to some little kids.  He must of forgot.

Oh Lea sorry to hear about your Mom. 

Well I am off to see what trouble I can get into.  Have a fun day today.

....as promised, a pic of ghan #1 for my friend. I'm kind of bored with polar bear - and will see if she wants something different for #2. Like maybe a wolf or German shepherd...

It's 52 inches square. Not posting to FB till she gets it tomorrow when they visit. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to make - other than finishing touches last night. Remember, though, when you think it was fast: I have no 2 footed kids at home, no grandkids, and a hubby who helps with the housework...

and I also finished reading Dan Brown's INFERNO last night. I think I'm ADD....LOL!

post-8552-0-91600000-1465913387_thumb.jpg

Lea....I just saw Mary Jo's post.....I'm so very sorry to hear what you're going through with your mom. Hugs and love to you and your family.

That blanket is amazing.  You have the same situation I have at home, so much easier to get some crocheting done.

I do wish at times I did have some 2 legged little ones running around.

Thanks ladies. My friend picked the colors to go with her polar bear alpaca wall hangings. Hubby gave me the confidence to add my splash of color with the tongue.

Octopusses are adorable, Jellyfish - I have got to make some of those. they are so great. That polar bear blanket is amazing... I too think of red white and blue when July rolls around. Peas in a pod are just the greatest little things! I have not done hardly anything. I am currently working on two blankets and a kangaroo and havn't picked it up for a week! :whew

Good morning.  Well Strawberry Shortcake, has her pants on and her hat.  Today is Strawberries for the hat decorations and the shoes.  I am more worried about the face.  I am not very good with faces.

I am moving along with my list, but not as fast as I would like.

Have a fun day today.

Mary Jo, I'm not good with faces either. I end up keeping it super simple. French knots work for a lot of things....lol!

Yeah, French Knots are great, but I don't think I will make any.  I have a very large red table cover for Christmas, that is nothing but French knots.  I swore after making that, that I would never do another French knot.

I will figure it out.

Yeah, French Knots are great, but I don't think I will make any.  I have a very large red table cover for Christmas, that is nothing but French knots.  I swore after making that, that I would never do another French knot.

I will figure it out.

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Lea....I just saw Mary Jo's post.....I'm so very sorry to hear what you're going through with your mom. Hugs and love to you and your family.

Thanks so much Judy... its tough... I love the ghan you did!!

Got all the strawberries (16) and the sweater that the doll has tied around her waist.  The head is big, and even though I have a dowel in her neck, it still seems a little wobbly.  Not sure how I am going to fix that, or leave it alone.

Here is the pattern I am using. https://www.etsy.com/listing/266995263/strawberry-shortcake-crochet-patterns?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=strawberry shortcake pattern&ref=sr_gallery_14

Mary Jo, that's a great batch of patterns! I think the dolls looked like their heads - at least some of them - were tilted, so maybe that's the look?

Good Morning Everyone.  Or as I use to say when I worked.  TGIF 

I am hoping to finish my doll today and get some pictures.  It will then be 1 down and 3 to go.

I also want to stick my head into the cotton room and see who is dancing around to be the next bag.

No rain yet, so I may join the lizards and go into the pool.  They are running up and down the screen house and around the laini.

Have a fun day today.

Make up scrubbies made from cotton yarn. Christmas gift For my 16yo niece who I am told likes make up and fashion . I will add a gift card after I ask my sister where my niece likes to buy skin care products

post-23494-0-48625500-1466200430_thumb.jpg

Love the make-up scrubbies.  That is so cool for a teenager or anyone who wear make-up.

Strawberry Shortcake is done.  She is in Ami Ville getting her picture taken.  I am not overly happy with the face, but I painted it on, instead of the way the book looks.  I am not very good with faces.

I am now going to make a couple of little blankets and then on to another doll.

Archived