Bunny Lovey

ReniC

Another Christmas gift completed for my 2/yo grt-GD "Cookie".

"Bunny Lovey" in Caron Simply Soft; Soft Pink, Aqua Mist and White with a H/8 hook, 24" square granny. This gift is so appropriate since she is a "hugger", hugs everything and everyone. I made a few minor changes on the ears and arms, no biggies.

Pattern courtesy of: The Stitchin Mommy

(first pic is truer color)

post-17452-0-02462700-1449516687_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-05574600-1449516697_thumb.jpg

That is SO cute!  She's going to love it!  Does she have the "Pat The Bunny" book?  It'd be perfect with the lovey.  :)

I'm collecting yarn for an elephant lovey for my grandson, due late March.  (No working on baby items until I get Christmas gifts done.  LOL) 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for commenting. The grt-GD loved it, carried it every where and insisted carrying it on the flight back home.

ETA: I failed to mention how easy it was to make and I made it in about 6 hours.

Thank you Krys. The Lovey's are such sweet gifts, so easy to make and my great grand daughter adores hers. My grnd-daughter says she won't let it go and had to draw the line when the little one wanted to take it in the bath with her.

I saw another one on Ravelry called Rainbow Zebra Lovey, so bright and cheerful. Or maybe a Lamb Lovey for her baby sister. I just can't make up my mind. So much to do and never enough time.

Thank you Krys. The Lovey's are such sweet gifts, so easy to make and my great grand daughter adores hers. My grnd-daughter says she won't let it go and had to draw the line when the little one wanted to take it in the bath with her.

I saw another one on Ravelry called Rainbow Zebra Lovey, so bright and cheerful. Or maybe a Lamb Lovey for her baby sister. I just can't make up my mind. So much to do and never enough time.

Thank you Reni, That colorful Zebra is very cute too:).

I almost laugh when I read about your little granddaughter Lovey and that bath together:).. That is really funny.

Happy Holidays!:)

Krys

USpolishgirl, on 20 Dec 2015 - 3:53 PM, said:

Thank you Reni, That colorful Zebra is very cute too:).

I almost laugh when I read about your little granddaughter Lovey and that bath together:).. That is really funny.

Happy Holidays! :)

Krys

Glad you chuckled Krys. This granddaughter is very funny. She asked me why I "poke the string" (crochet) so much. I told her,  "Because I like it a lot. Her reply, "Must be like ice cream the-! The really gooooood one!"

redrosesdz, on 21 Dec 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

Wait until she grows up and finds out that it's better than ice cream, because it's the stress-reliever without the guilt!  :)

So true. Wish they were closer so I could teach her and her 2 sisters.

So true. Wish they were closer so I could teach her and her 2 sisters.

My grandmother didn't live close.  So, she usually came for a week long visit and a couple of times 2 weeks.  I was 8 when she taught me during one of her visits.  It didn't stick at the time, but when it came time for me to make my kid's baby blankets  I remembered most of what she taught me.  I had spent so much time that visit making chains and granny squares, that all those years later I was able to pick up a hook and yarn, practice and then make a baby afghan.  If those girls want to learn, it'll stick with them, even if they only do it while you're together.

redrosesdz, on 21 Dec 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

My grandmother didn't live close.  So, she usually came for a week long visit and a couple of times 2 weeks.  I was 8 when she taught me during one of her visits.  It didn't stick at the time, but when it came time for me to make my kid's baby blankets  I remembered most of what she taught me.  I had spent so much time that visit making chains and granny squares, that all those years later I was able to pick up a hook and yarn, practice and then make a baby afghan.  If those girls want to learn, it'll stick with them, even if they only do it while you're together.

Blessings on our Grandmothers! I had a wonderful, talented Grandmother who was a professional seamstress and as a young woman, had her own clothing line (1940's). She could knock out a woman's two piece suite as beautiful as anything from house of Chanel. Both she and my mother taught me to crochet, but, it was my grandmother that made me the sewer I am today. I owe that all to her. I would spend a month each summer when growing up and had her all to myself. Great times between the sewing and crocheting.

Archived