Gift Hats

ReniC

So far, I've made these hats for my great-grands and a purple one for my middle daughter (their "grams").

I didn't have a crochet pattern for the polar bear hat so I used the photo from Yarnspiration's knit pattern and just made a beanie with the same two yarns the pattern called for. It will probably be too big for her but she'll have fun with it because it's so soft and squishy and she likes to drag things around while she crawls.

If anyone would like a reference to the other patterns, let me know and I'll post the links.

post-17452-0-97069100-1447802813_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-49239900-1447802822_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-00047400-1447802831_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-82641500-1447802840_thumb.jpg

Very beautiful & cute hats!:)

I like all of them but I specially love that Polar Bear :). What yarn did you used for that?. I do have a very similar yarn that I am working with now making a snowman. That yarn what I have it dos feel so soft and it really looks like a snow:). That is "Polarspun" yarn from Lion Brand. I do not think they are making that yarn any longer, I could be wrong. I did made with that yarn couple sets of scarf's & 2 Beaded Monogram blankets (in pink) for my granddaughters. My daughter use to call that yarn a "Cloud yarn".

Anyone here knows about how big the head is around of a newborn (in inches)?. I do have a Styrofoam head but that would be too big LOL. My friend will become a grandma soon, for the first time:).

Krys

Very beautiful & cute hats! :)

I like all of them but I specially love that Polar Bear :). What yarn did you used for that?. I do have a very similar yarn that I am working with now making a snowman. That yarn what I have it dos feel so soft and it really looks like a snow:). That is "Polarspun" yarn from Lion Brand. I do not think they are making that yarn any longer, I could be wrong. I did made with that yarn couple sets of scarf's & 2 Beaded Monogram blankets (in pink) for my granddaughters. My daughter use to call that yarn a "Cloud yarn".

Anyone here knows about how big the head is around of a newborn (in inches)?. I do have a Styrofoam head but that would be too big LOL. My friend will become a grandma soon, for the first time:).

Krys

HI Krys!  Congrats to your friend.  Here are the 2 links that I'm using....

Head size

Baby size chart

(Also, I bought a bag of big balloons from the dollar store to use for fittings.)

HI Krys!  Congrats to your friend.  Here are the 2 links that I'm using....

Head size

Baby size chart

(Also, I bought a bag of big balloons from the dollar store to use for fittings.)

Redroses thank you very much for the links:).

That is a great idea with those balloons:). I would never thought of that.

Krys

Archived