Chic Chevron adaptation

darski

I love this pattern from RH

Because I like short skirts on little girls I did fewer rows than the pattern.

I come from an innocent time when babies were not seen as s*x objects so they could dress sweetly.

this is the 3 mo size and it works up very quickly... especially if you skip half the skirt rows :rofl

post-4896-0-24279300-1410455584_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-76850200-1410455585_thumb.jpg

the dark colour in the Christmas version is a lovely green :c9

there is also a Child's version.

Oh yea! Same era here too- maybe even a little earlier. I have a photo sitting here on my desk of my mother and I when I was about 2 years old (1951), with a frilly puffed sleeve cotton dress, full skirt with a big bow sash tied on the back at the waist. Starched too probably! I loved making these types of dresses for my girls also back in the day.

I love this outfit. 

I also come from that time.  Little girls were dress in skirts and rumba (ruffled) pants and pretty frilly dresses.  I also remembered smocked dresses.

Darski- Those are adorable!

I am curious though since I've never used DK weight for baby clothes, how the RHSS yarn feels for a baby's dress. Is it very heavy?

I love this pattern from RH

Because I like short skirts on little girls I did fewer rows than the pattern. I come from an innocent time when babies were not seen as s*x objects so they could dress sweetly.

this is the 3 mo size and it works up very quickly... especially if you skip half the skirt rows :rofl  attachicon.gifcc01.jpgattachicon.gifcc002.jpg

the dark colour in the Christmas version is a lovely green :c9  there is also a Child's version.

Darski- Those are adorable!

I am curious though since I've never used DK weight for baby clothes, how the RHSS yarn feels for a baby's dress. Is it very heavy?

It is actually.  I am guessing that when it is washed and gets its 5mins in the dryer that it will just be warm ..and bulky.

I am just thinking that I will try this in sport wt with a smaller hook as a doll dress

I could try sport wt and a larger size to get  finer 3mo size :think

Thank you for your input. I was considering doing a 24 month size and a girls size 6 in dk for holiday dresses but I'm reconsidering now since I do not have accurate measurements for my gg daughters. Needless to say, I'm terrible at resizing without measurements.

Oh yea! Same era here too- maybe even a little earlier. I have a photo sitting here on my desk of my mother and I when I was about 2 years old (1951), with a frilly puffed sleeve cotton dress, full skirt with a big bow sash tied on the back at the waist. Starched too probably! I loved making these types of dresses for my girls also back in the day.

I am only a year behind you.  I was 1 in 1951.

DK yarn is a little thicker than Sports yarn.  I find some sports are thicker or thinner then others.

The puffy sleeves, white socks with lace on them and white or black Maryjanes.  Simpler times.

Yes! I remember well. Actually, in the photo I am wearing the white lacy socks and white high top Mary-Jane's with 3 straps across the top. So old fashioned but, oh so cute!

Now I'm wondering about how the bamboo-silk blend yarns would work for these patterns.

I am only a year behind you.  I was 1 in 1951.

DK yarn is a little thicker than Sports yarn.  I find some sports are thicker or thinner then others.

The puffy sleeves, white socks with lace on them and white or black Maryjanes.  Simpler times.

Yes! I remember well. Actually, in the photo I am wearing the white lacy socks and white high top Mary-Jane's with 3 straps across the top. So old fashioned but, oh so cute!

Now I'm wondering about how the bamboo-silk blend yarns would work for these patterns.

I would suggest that you make a 3mo size with those yarns and see how it compares to the measurements they give for WW yarn.  This size uses very little yarn all told.

RH is generally good about a #4 weight being a #4.  so many others are about a 3.5 at best.  It is a challenge to get what you want

I sell my crochet patterns on Etsy and they are all traditional baby clothing. I have lots of sales, so there must be still a lot of people who like their babies to look like babies and not miniature adults.

I am presently working on a pattern for footed leggings and sweater and a pixie hat in fingering yarn.

Archived