I Hate When This Happens...Found With Photo of Guilty Party

I am working on some baby dresses and have been using my favorite hook - the bamboo handled Susan Bates in size H.  Well, I moved from one spot to another, and when I went to pick up my project again - I can't find the hook!  In my stash, I had another size H Susan Bates, but it doesn't have the bamboo handle.  It feels so strange.

To top it off - I just bent my fingernail backwards while checking down the side of the couch cushion!  Ouch!

That is why I have 2 of each hook.  I love the bamboo ones also, especially for the thread hooks. 

I have been using the Clover Amour hooks for the B-I and they are great, even better than the bamboo.

Isn't it funny how stuff we use to like now feels funny?

I am always losing my hooks in the hook eating couch.

Owie!!  I hope you found your hook.  Isn't it so upsetting when you lose a hook you love?  It's happened to me a few times.  Could be in my couch as well. ;)

My rocker has eaten many of my hooks!  :cry  And it's so SNEAKY!  I'll be sitting there, just crocheting along, look up to see something on TV, and when I look down--my hook isn't in my hand any more!!  SOMEtimes I'll find my hook--just about to disappear into the great abyss--and rescue it!  :whew  But more times than I care to admit--it's gone before I can get there!  :shrug  And you can forget about me turning the rocker upside down to get it--all my stacks of books and yarn would just slide down like an avalanche and fill in the hole where my rocker used to be!!  Then I'd have to straighten all that back up, and when I'd sit back down to get back to my crocheting--my project would be gone!!! :blink

I have a duplicate set for almost all but a few obscure ones  like L for my Bates Bamboo.  Thank God for DH who can amazingly find my lost hooks.  He found one of my thread Bates Bamboo ones Sunday and I have no idea how it got to where he found it, though the couch usually is a major suspect in most hook kidnappings. :yes

That is why I have 2 of each hook.  I love the bamboo ones also, especially for the thread hooks. 

I have been using the Clover Amour hooks for the B-I and they are great, even better than the bamboo.

Isn't it funny how stuff we use to like now feels funny?

I am always losing my hooks in the hook eating couch.

I haven't found my hook yet.  I'm using the one with the small hook shaft for now.  I believe I must have set it down somewhere - I started out crocheting outside on my back patio and picked everything up to move inside.  Somewhere along the move it disappeared.  I've checked every surface between my chair out back to my chair in the living room and can't find it.  I believe it's gone where the lost socks go.

Oh darn Jeanne.  Just last week, I parted with my "lost sock mates."  Would you believe I had a dozen or so black sock singles?  Urgh..... I finally parted with them.  I wonder, do you have a dog?  Mine likes to steal my stuff and hide it.  Just a thought.

Keep an eye out for how your project looks, using a different hook.  Sometimes, not always, it changes the thickness.

Oh darn Jeanne.  Just last week, I parted with my "lost sock mates."  Would you believe I had a dozen or so black sock singles?  Urgh..... I finally parted with them.  I wonder, do you have a dog?  Mine likes to steal my stuff and hide it.  Just a thought.

Keep an eye out for how your project looks, using a different hook.  Sometimes, not always, it changes the thickness.

We have two dogs - a beagle and a min pin.  Neither of them carries things away but thanks for the suggestion.  I did finish a baby dress with the spare hook and it looks okay.  I always stick with Susan Bates hooks.  I'm not into the Boye hooks.  Thanks for the helpful info though.

I have been hanging on to a duffle bag full of single socks--for 3 YEARS!!!!   :reyes  :eek This weekend I'm going to take them to GoodWill!  (I can always use that duffle bag for yarn!!!)

I hate it when that happens!  At least you have an extra hook in the same size!

A similar thing happened to me over Easter.  I was working on a new pattern and halfway through proofreading and picture taking, I broke my 2mm metal hook.  And I didn't have a spare!  In Denmark, ALL stores are closed Maundy Thursday through Easter Monday, so I buy a new hook until Tuesday, meaning I couldn't publish my orchid until after Easter.  I was just a little annoyed at myself.

But, in the end, I bought a fancier padded Clover 2mm hook to replace it and my hands thank me.  ;-)

After talking about loosing hooks and socks.  This is a true story, honest.  Last night I was crocheting in my rocker.  Sometimes I take my ring off because it spins around while I'm working.  The normal thing that I do is put the ring in the same place so I don't lose it.  I usually put it to my left on the end table.  Well, last night I had been crocheting and didn't remember, and still don't remember doing this, I took my ring off and must have placed it in my lap.  When I finished crocheting and put it away, I noticed my ring wasn't on my finger.  No big deal right?  It has to be on the table.  NOPE!  So I got up and felt around my chair, nothing!  At this point, I am beginning to feel worried.  I went into the kitchen to see if I had left it on the counter when I was cutting veggies.  NOPE!!  Now I am in a panic.  I took the whole house apart, including going into the trash, piece by piece.  Mind you, I looked in my rocker at least 3 times.  Hubby tipped it over and looked with a flashlight.   Well, after exhaustion set in, my hubby went to look in my chair one more time.  There it was tucked neatly in the right side of the seat peeking out!!  It had to have gone down lower into the seat when I lost it, but by tipping the chair over, it came back up enough to be able to see it.  That was my evening. :bang:rant

I am very happy that you found your ring.  Much more valuable than a crochet hook.  My rings spin around too but I've gotten used to it.  I have a bag of mismatched socks here too.  Mismatched socks are all the rage - google it!  Look at all the places that sell mismatched socks!  We are just ahead of our time.

hilarious thread ladies, thank you for making me laugh out loud, seriously!!!

I never take off my rings, cause Ill lose them,

I never crochet anywhere else than my craft room, and overstuffed chair in there, And i don't blame the chair, she is old, and so beyond playing those games with me, but the hooks, another story!!!!!!

and when I lose hooks, and I do, it's usually fallen down into the yarn basket, or it's most fav place to play hide and seek,

is waaaaayyyy under the chair, where no normal human can ever reach, so out comes the yard stick, and a mirror,,,,,and finally, once I have  scooched it out, the game is up, till next time!!    My cat will take my balls of yarn,right out from under me, when I am least looking,and has done it to yarn balls i am working with, and more than once, part of my on going project, gets unraveled, .............before I am able to catch him, that is.......

A friend of mine, BUYS them mismatched, seriously, lol Course she is the one as well that called once, thought she had an injured animal outside, it was moaning, and I told her, I don't want you or handy manny to deal with a rabid raccoon!! She called a few minutes later, and said, nevermind, it was that new air freshner that comes on automatically now and then, and it was making the moaning noise..............sigh................One of many stories, I should write a book, lol  Remind me to tell ya all, of the lady with bats in her belfry,,,,,more ways than one, lol

checking out,,,,,,giggling......... 

Katy, reading your post about your cat making off with your yarn - reminds me of when I was a kid and my Aunt Anna came to visit from Florida.  She is not with us anymore and we miss her.  She was a character.  I remember her sitting at our house knitting a pair of booties.  All of a sudden she lets out such a curse word - there she sat with her needles at the ready and a short piece of yarn.  Our cat chewed through the yarn she was working with.  If looks could kill, that cat would have used up all nine of his lives that night!  She was so PO'd that she would have to tie a knot in the booties.  Oh, my.  She was a formidable woman - tall and imposing, very intimidating.  She was one of a kind.

A friend of mine, BUYS them mismatched, seriously, lol Course she is the one as well that called once, thought she had an injured animal outside, it was moaning, and I told her, I don't want you or handy manny to deal with a rabid raccoon!! She called a few minutes later, and said, nevermind, it was that new air freshner that comes on automatically now and then, and it was making the moaning noise..............sigh................One of many stories, I should write a book, lol  Remind me to tell ya all, of the lady with bats in her belfry,,,,,more ways than one, lol

checking out,,,,,,giggling......... 

Katy, you should write down the funny stories.  Send them to the Reader's Digest!  Or Just keep a journal that your kids can read one day.  I wish I had written down all the funny things my kids used to say when they were little.  Like their mispronunciations.  My older son used to say "oomerbang" instead of boomerang.  The younger one had trouble with that word too.  He called it a "boogerang"  LOL!

This is one very funny thread.

I have a couch now that once a month, I pull it out and it is like going to the hook, needle and marker store.  There they all are, under the couch waiting for me to puck them up.  When I lose something, I just go and get a replacement, knowing I will be getting it all back soon.

Archived