I Hate When This Happens...Found With Photo of Guilty Party

I have a fold out couch that takes hooks/pencils/scissors anything I'm using. Mostly I just find them under the cushions. Sometimes I have to unfold the bed so things fall out underneath the couch. Once, a metal hook got caught and jammed the hinge. When I finally got it out, it was too bent to fix :cry  (the hinge broke a pencil too). I've been lucky, I never found things in the middle of the night  (ouch! :eek) .

Ellie 13

Glad you found your hook!  

My couch has a recliner section on each end; I've slowed down it's ingestion of hooks and dpns by putting an old folded sheet under the cushion area, extending beyond each side and up under the back cushion.  It covers the top of the recliner mechanism, and doesn't show with the cushion in place.  Most of the time I know exactly when the hook or needle tried to make an escape; since I put in the sheet there have been far fewer searches under the couch with a flashlight.

Kinda glad this doesnt only happen to me. Though I did see a sneaky feline hook in mouth running down the hall a few days ago I suspect she has her own stash. 

Ouchy ouch on the nail!

Oh man to funny about the feline.

I should of realized that my recliner sofa would eat hooks and spit them out the bottom. 

When I first got the sofa, I had crocheted something and I needed a regular needle to put the label in my tote. 

I stuck the needle in the puffy arm.  It was sticking out, so that I would not lose it.  There was of course no thread in it.  Anyway, when I turned around the needle was gone.  Vanished, no where to be seen.  It got sucked up into the arm.  That was 3 years ago.  I have never put another needle in that arm, and we never found the other one. :D

oh man, she (the gliding recliner) looks so darn innocent too, how could you blame her for eating hooks, poor lil lady! LOL GLAD YOU FOUNT IT, she probably felt bad......................

I found my Susan Bates bamboo handled hook - size H.  My glider rocker coughed it up today.  If you see this glider rocker, hide your hooks, ladies!  :lol:clap

Archived