Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar 2006

deneen

• 2 weeks later...

I only heard of this calendar through this website and had to go online and order one for my mother and me! Great job to all of you guys who submitted projects.:clap I got it in the mail today, but I won't open it yet. I like the anticipation.:blush

I bought mine at the Meriden Mall the other day. I didn't want to order one online , I wanted it right away. I love it! Can't wait til next years!

Wendyb532

I also plan on going back and purchasing the knit one for my girlfriend who knits.

Mine came on Monday. As I mentioned on my blog, I'm annoyed that they changed the yarns on my patterns. :P

Apparently, you're not the only one. I wanted to make the Snowflake Ornament Picture Frame as a Christmas gift, but couldn't find size 5 thread *anywhere*, so I just bought some size 3 thread. Anyway, I finally looked up the website for the thread they list and Presencia size 5 is equivalent to regular size 10 thread (which I have laying around the house). grrr... So I checked out the lady's website that they list on the pattern and she says on it "I used regular old size 10 thread and have never heard of the thread mentioned on the pattern". grrr... (and they used some different picture for the pattern than the one she'd supplied I guess)

Makes me wonder how many of the yarns are changed...

Apparently, you're not the only one. I wanted to make the Snowflake Ornament Picture Frame as a Christmas gift, but couldn't find size 5 thread *anywhere*, so I just bought some size 3 thread. Anyway, I finally looked up the website for the thread they list and Presencia size 5 is equivalent to regular size 10 thread (which I have laying around the house). grrr... So I checked out the lady's website that they list on the pattern and she says on it "I used regular old size 10 thread and have never heard of the thread mentioned on the pattern". grrr... (and they used some different picture for the pattern than the one she'd supplied I guess)

Makes me wonder how many of the yarns are changed...

It sounds like quite a number of people had their yarns changed. It just doesn't seem honest to me. If they wanted to claim it was done in that yarn, fine, but crochet up one in that yarn. Or give me yarn to do so. (I regret having made my two sweaters from acrylic... I never wear them because they don't breathe.)

The whole changing yarn thinig was my original complaint with the whole thing - I mean, some of the squares and other projects are so *obviously* done in :heart RED HEART :heart but the yarn listed is something expensive like 'Louet GEMS Topaz Merino.' That really got to me. I understand about wanting to play crochet up with nice fibres... but just lying like that is so *not* the way to do it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived earlier this month and I had to pay the forwarding postage on it. :angry I wasn't pleased. If they had mailed when they were supposed to mail, it would have reached me before we moved. When I got to the counter at the PO, I was so wrung from moving that I didn't place "Accord Publishing". I almost didn't pay for the package. :lol The clerk opened the package for me and once I saw what it was I paid. He at least congratulated me. :D Now everytime I go in he asks when I'm going to have another pattern published. I love living in a small town. :manyheart

I wasn't nuts about the yarn change, but I guess the fancier yarn companies pitched in to pay for the printing or something. Oh well. It was fun -- and a learning experience.

HnC/Kim

Annie posted on her blog about the yarn subs - she had to make changes mainly due to discontinued colors, yarn availability, and "sketchy yarn info" for some of the patterns. I know mine just called for worsted weight, as I made it out of scraps I had lying around and even I didn't know what they were.

I got my copy and spent an hour just going through it. It's better than some crochet books I've seen, especially considering the number of patterns you get for the price.

Well, TLC Amore is really common these days (get it in pretty much any craft store), and she subbed my yarn! She subbed to "goddess yarns"... which are far *less* common! Grrr. I'll have to check her page, though. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just have to know~I purchase one a few weeks back and planned on keeping on my desk at the office! If I every get bored...lol...I can look for something interesting to do.

Just wondering how you were able to get your patterns published~

Would love to hear about it!

mgf~:2frog

Here's a link to the page that explains how to submit your patterns. She says somewhere in there even if it's past a deadline to go ahead and submit because she can always use it in the next calendar. Good luck! :hook

I just have to know~I purchase one a few weeks back and planned on keeping on my desk at the office! If I every get bored...lol...I can look for something interesting to do.

Just wondering how you were able to get your patterns published~

Would love to hear about it!

mgf~:2frog

My husband gave me the calendar for Christmas and I love it, except for the yarns. I know there's been some discussion about it already, but if they're going to list oddball yarn in the pattern, I wish they would at least list the type of yarn so it could be more easily substituted. I also noticed several pictures of items that were obviously made with a different yarn than the one listed. Just seemed a little weird. Other than that, it's a great calendar.

I know there's been some discussion about it already, but if they're going to list oddball yarn in the pattern, I wish they would at least list the type of yarn so it could be more easily substituted

Yeah, I found that to be a real pain. The one project I've made from it called for a Goddess yarn of some sort (don't recall offhand), and it didn't even have the yarn's weight online on the company's site! Add to that the fact that the pattern didn't have any sort of gauge--and a good number of them don't--and it was much more difficult to make the project than it really should have been.

I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm very glad I didn't pay full price, between the fact that there isn't a pattern a day and the frighteningly huge number of scarf patterns.

I got it for Christmas from my in laws, it was on my list.

You might search for the patterns on line to get the yarn and gauge. A lot of them are freebies on the net which was kind of disappointing to me.

The same is true for the Knitting one. My daughter received it for Christmas and I was just as disappointed w/that one - and the number of scarves!- as I was with the Crochet one. (LOL - and my pattern is IN the Crochet one!) I kept thinking, "Anyone with access to the internet has already seen most of these patterns a hundred times." You know, it stands to reason! They put out the "call" for pattern submission ON the internet and said they'd gladly take patterns already up on the internet. Unless they change tactics and ask for Original Patterns only, I imagine sales will go down significantly next year.

Unless they change tactics and ask for Original Patterns only, I imagine sales will go down significantly next year.

I certainly don't intend to buy it again. Not with all the blasted scarves!

Archived