My first scarf :)

CrochetAddicted74

Hope you like! This is the first scarf I have made. I liked working with the Homespun so much I went out and got a greenish Homespun to make a scarf for the DH too:hook

I am seriously addicted you guys...

Well here it is....it isn't super straight or anything...haha

CrochetScarf-vi.jpg

Pretty! I like homespun too, for the most part. It washes up nicely as well--even softer after.

When I first started crocheting my things would grow and shrink too, until I put a safety pin in the first and last stitch, then I wouldn't lose them.

I still do it with fluffy yarn.

nice, but is it long enough? :frog:bee

Yup, long enough for me. It wraps around my neck with a bit of dangle room....if i were to make one for someone other than me or hubby I'd probably add a couple more lenghts to it :clap

Thanks again you all! It is so encouraging to see nice comments. I got to work on the Homespun afghan for awhile but put it aside to work on the shell afghan I've been working at....gave me a chance to use my wood hook again haha.

Robin:c9

Hope you like! This is the first scarf I have made. I liked working with the Homespun so much I went out and got a greenish Homespun to make a scarf for the DH too:hook

I am seriously addicted you guys.

I know just what you mean. I too admit to being an addict (to crochet of course, but also Homespun), and I take no shame in saying so :). I hate *working* with Homespun, but I LOVE the end result. I recently finished a Seraphina shawl in HS and adore it. It's like wrapping myself in hot mulled wine or hot cider with a pat of melting butter floating on top. I'm almost finished with a HS scarf trimmed in Lion Suede for my brother-in-law, and it's like "butta." I'm psyched to start an afghan in HS, but just can't find the "right" pattern (my husband and kids don't want something too "holey.")

I think Homespun scarves are like the old Lays Potato Chip commercial, "You can't make just one."

And please allow me to contribute to another yarn addiction. Try making a scarf with two strands of Red Heart Symphony (available at Walmart and pretty cheap) held together and a K hook. It's wonderfully soft (especially after washing), very warm, yet surprisingly light. The only drawback to Symphony is that it sheds fuzz. But it's worth it :).

Lee

Very nice! I like the feel of Homespun, but it's a little hard to work with; it very easily comes "un-spun."

Aliciasjoy, thanks for the tip about using safety pins. Now maybe I can finish my Homespun poncho without frogging again. animal0083.gif

Thanks so much! I'm whipping out the Homespun Waterfall afghan now...its big and toasty over my legs at the moment...just yummy....

What I found helped to prevent unraveling was knotting the HS before I put it on the hook, occasionally I hit a fuzzy spot, but not too bad , so far.

I really have a sickness, and thank goodness I got paid...we picked up a couple skeins at Michaels plus some Crystallyte hooks...DH is going to help create Xmas packs for the folks by crocheting his famous coasters...I'll have to get a pic of the two he did to show you all....I'm trying to addict others hehehe!

Robin

Archived