sashay scarves

MissyAnn

Here are 4 scarves I made in 3 days. I saw somewhere where one and I asked about it. I bought some yarn and watched a few youtube videos. I'm not a scarf person, but I really love these as does my 9 yr old daughter.post-41739-0-72140600-1388446544_thumb.jpgpost-41739-0-26380800-1388446572_thumb.jpgpost-41739-0-33827300-1388446589_thumb.jpgpost-41739-0-13253100-1388446609_thumb.jpg

Did you crochet or knit them?  Can you post a link for the video you learned from please.  Your scarfs are beautiful!!!

Thanks everyone for your compliments on the scarves.

They are crocheted. Here is the link where I learned it from. It has a video plus written instructions.

http://rockinmama.net/how-to-crochet-a-ruffle-scarf-with-red-heart-sashay-yarn/

all are so pretty..About a year ago I attempted to crochet a few---No go.I am an avid crocheter and not thrilled with knitting but in this instance found it easier to knit them than crochet. Now in midst of a scarf made of another ribbon type yarn--I forget the name of the yarn but similar idea..but I am crocheting it and coming out nicely.

Beautiful!  I have crocheted several, gonna try to knit one.  Then I seen someone do a scarf on a small round loom.  It was kinda neat how she done it.  She did it all so it would come out on the outside of the loom instead of the inside.  Made a beautiful scarf.  Like a knitted tube scarf!!

I have to say I agree with you.   I bought this yarn 3 weeks ago after seeing a you tube video also.  I am totally addicted and cannot stop making them.  I gave them out to the ladies I work with for Christmas and they were such a big hit I had a group of orders before the day was out.  I just keep buying the yarn and making them, I think they are so much fun to make and they work up really fast when crocheting them.  I don't like knitting so I haven't tried, crocheting works just fine for me. 

I have to say I agree with you.   I bought this yarn 3 weeks ago after seeing a you tube video also.  I am totally addicted and cannot stop making them.  I gave them out to the ladies I work with for Christmas and they were such a big hit I had a group of orders before the day was out.  I just keep buying the yarn and making them, I think they are so much fun to make and they work up really fast when crocheting them.  I don't like knitting so I haven't tried, crocheting works just fine for me.

I only learned how to do this Dec 22 and I already have 6 done. I have 2 more balls stil sitting here waiting to be done. They really are addicting. I bought 4 balls the first time and 4 more on Monday. But where I get it, you can't beat the price. I'm not actually sure what Michael charges, but I've seen it on sale (in flyers) for $3.99 but I to a great Mennonite owned shop that has a ton of fabric and yarn, for only $3.75! Plus, it's much closeer to me than Michaels. (Which doesn't really help me in my addiction, lol!)

Archived