Need easy holiday (Hanukkah) gift ideas for men

I'm making Christmas ornaments for my hubby's friends and family this year, however I'm stumped on what to make for two of his Jewish male friends that live in Florida.  I can't substitute a hat or scarf, they would not need it in southern Florida.  A throw would take too much time (and money).  Anything else I can think of seems too girly.  Any ideas for a quick, easy project I could make for each of them that would be appropriate?  Thanks so much!

I have been looking for Hanukkah patterns and I have found a lot for Yumaka (spelling?)  The hat that they wear.  I have found patterns for the little toy the dreidle?

Here is a place that mentions and gives web addresses for several patterns, myabe you can find what you want here.

http://voices.yahoo.com/top-12-free-crochet-jewish-themed-patterns-hadassah-5030572.html?cat=24

Here is another one.

http://crochetinglessons.blogspot.com/2009/12/chanukkah-hanukkah-crochet.html

• 2 weeks later...

When I lived in the big city, I was able to shop at a local deli/grocer that specialized in Kosher and was never steered wrong by the shopkeeper. Some examples of brands of kosher wines I remember: Carmel, Rashi, Bartenura, and Mogen David. Maybe a more knowledgeable member on this forum can guide you better. Hope this helps some.

Great ideas everyone, thank you!  I was thinking about a wine cozy with local wine, but then saw the post about Kosher wine.  I'm so clueless, I didn't know there was such a thing!  How do I know if a wine is Kosher?  Thanks again!

Kosher wines would have the letter K (standing for kosher) in a circle.  If the person is a very strict orthodox person, then it bears the letters UO in a circle (meaning approved by the Union of Orthodox Rabbis). The shopkeeper should be able to steer you to the kosher section.

Archived