Color advice for squares

LaVonneK

Question

12 answers to this question

Before you go to the work of crocheting around them, try putting each square on a different color of background--I've used dresses, blouses, trousers, towels,--anything big enough to show the square off!

I enlarged your picture and sat looking at it for a bit. What I think would look good would be a green / turquoise that would come close to the one you have running down the center diagonally from corner to corner.

The colors I used are varegated so its hard to find something that works.  The only common color is white.  I don't know what possessed me to use white.

I would not have used white but that is just because I really don't like "the absense of color" in any situation :-)

However, if it were my project I WOULD use white.  Because anything else you do is going to distract from the color work. 

Looking at your photo, the use of white would make the entire focus on each of the color motifs - almost floating above background color. 

Using white would also add a bit more separation between the motif giving each more importance than the backsgroud

I'm sorry.  I thought you were asking about the outside border.  I never ever use white as a complete border.  It just gets dirty too fast.

To border around the squares I would probably do it in the varigated followed by a round of white sc.

Archived