Old patterns!

My brother in law was going through some stuff in my mother in laws attic.  He found an old embossed box (looks like an old gameboard box..maybe chess?) that is full of patterns.  OOOOld patterns.  Mailorder patterns that are still in the envelopes..1934!  some old booklets 1921..1918!!!  Haven't had a chance to really go through and look at all of them.  I haven't checked to see if all the envelopes have been opened, but the first one I don't think had been.

Can't wait to find the time to lay all of this out!

Wow, that is so cool to find old patterns like that and to see what was done during that time. Have fun with them. Can't wait to hear about the type of patterns you find.

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful historical discovery. Just popped into my mind: my mother-in-law told me long ago that her oldest son's "plastic pants" for over his diaper were a crocheted kind of cover. He was born in 1940. Perhaps there is a pattern for these. (Thank Heaven for plastic pants!)

you know, theres something about finding your treasures. I mean I can go to one of the hobby stores, and buy yarn right, but FINDING a big bag of it at a flea market, or church garage sale, just thrills me to no end! Just the thought of not knowing till you go through it, what's there, and I dunno, just is a thrill, so I can imagine how you feel about this!! have fun!

Archived