25 Things for Charity

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just donated a baby blanket and two scarves. I dont want to commit to 12 things although I think I will probably do that next year. Right now my new goalis to make things for other people. I am also going to get a start on granny squares so when people need them, I will have them to send right away. I have so much to learn but even though what I make is simple, I think they come out really nice anyway!!!

Well, you can have each granny square count as one item. We really are not strict about the rules.

• 5 weeks later...
Count me in! I had already decided to start doing charity crochet again, and I had planned on making 2 things a month, so this works for me! I already have one red scarf made. I am also hoping to have a blog going at some point.

You have been counted. Please send me your e-mail address.

so far, i've got 11 scarves for the red scarf project and 3 dishcloths for the afghans for amigoes. and i'm working on an afghan and a baby afghan for the amigoes. how is everybody else doing?:cheer

WOW, you're just buzzing right along!! :)

I've got a scarf and a chemo hat completed and I'm still pluggin' away at the baby caps.

I still have to find some charities to donate to.

I'd also like to make some hats for the troops as well.

May I join?

And can I count the blankets I gave to ProjectLinus before Christmas?

If I need to start my count with the new year.. that's cool.

well, scarves and dishcloths are pretty simple, so i can do those fairly quickly. i'm alot slower with hats. i've got some hats i made back before christmas for a bazaar.there must be 8 or 10 in the sack. i need to find a place to take them. they closed down the local shelter, so i might just call the salvation army and see if they could use them. i'd like to keep some of my charity stuff close to home to help out people in my community and to save on postage. i guess i'd better do something with them soon, though. winter will be over and the hats will still be warming my craft closet.

good work on the baby hats. i've only made one baby hat. it was so soft. i hated to part with it. but my baby turned 22 yesterday. it would have looked dumb on him. :lol so, off it goes to a friend's new granddaughter-to-be.

happy crocheting!!:hook

Hi Cindy...I would love to have you count me in on this wonderful idea. I have already started when I joined the Hat A Week CAL-I have made knit and crochet hats for micropreemies, preemies and newborns as well as micropreemie & preemie angel wraps to give to a local hospital that is in desperate need of micropreemie items for our little ones that dont make it in this world. I have also made a couple of hats so far for my local oncology center for chemo patients(my mother was a patient there until she went to heaven this past July) so its a place near and dear to my heart.

I dont have a blog yet and am in need of figuring out how to do one.

Hi Cindy...I would love to have you count me in on this wonderful idea. I have already started when I joined the Hat A Week CAL-I have made knit and crochet hats for micropreemies, preemies and newborns as well as micropreemie & preemie angel wraps to give to a local hospital that is in desperate need of micropreemie items for our little ones that dont make it in this world. I have also made a couple of hats so far for my local oncology center for chemo patients(my mother was a patient there until she went to heaven this past July) so its a place near and dear to my heart.

I dont have a blog yet and am in need of figuring out how to do one.

I have counted you!!!:clap Check your e-mail.

A note to all: Remember, if you are interested in joining us I need your e-mail address!!! Send it to cynabel@yahoo.com. Also send your crochetville name. This helps me to keep track of everyone. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in please and thanks. I have several blogs so does that mean I can ( provided I can figure out how), post the botton to my blogs? Is posting the botton the same as posting a link? Thanks

Just uploaded pictures of some blankets that I have donated and plan to donate to Project Linus.

Now off to finish my scarves and make pictures before I box them up to priority mail them tomorrow. (wonder how many I can stuff into a flat-rate box.. :D.. I'll let ya'll know.)

Archived