25 Things for Charity

I have decided to commit myself to making 25 things for charity over the next 12 months. Deneen has also decided to join me.

If you are interested in joining us - leave a comment here or visit our blog. I'll need your e-mail address to get you started.

This really isn't a crochet along (but, moderators feel free to move this post if you feel I am mistaken). It's really a chance for you to set a specific goal and follow through on that goal. It will feel good and it will benefit others.

No rules - no set charities - just commit and pick up your hooks, needles, machines and start crafting!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just gifted a lot of yarn, and I can't think of a better way to use some of it :) Count me in!

Do you have a blog button? I'd love to link back to your site as another reminder to myself.

I was just gifted a lot of yarn, and I can't think of a better way to use some of it :) Count me in!

Do you have a blog button? I'd love to link back to your site as another reminder to myself.

Wonderful!!! :clap No, I don't have a button. Just use my link:

http://crochetchronicles.blogspot.com

I'll post your name and blog on my site.

We now have a blog and a button.

Thank you to Lynn for the button!!!

I knew when I saw the need for a button Lynn would offer her skills! :manyheart

Count me in too! I can commit to a 12 month time frame...LOL

Do we EACh need to make 25? No?

Anything we want? Blankets? Booties? Hats? Scarves? :eek

I'm not sure if I can operate in such W I D E parameters! :D LOL

(I'm one that works well with structure....:lol)

Yay! I'm glad you can join us :)

And I actually spent some of my pre-crochet obsession time making "blinkies" on livejournal. The transition to buttons is slowly coming along....so hopefully I'll be useful for something around here...lol.

I knew when I saw the need for a button Lynn would offer her skills! :manyheart

Count me in too! I can commit to a 12 month time frame...LOL

Do we EACh need to make 25? No?

Anything we want? Blankets? Booties? Hats? Scarves? :eek

I'm not sure if I can operate in such W I D E parameters! :D LOL

(I'm one that works well with structure....:lol)

Welcome!!! Well no parameters on what to make or where to send your stuff. All you have to do is commit to making 25 items within a 12 month period.

:clap

I would love to do this too. Not sure what I am going to make yet, I will have to try to think of something SOON though....thinking of making cat blankets for the nearby cat shelter though. I've ben wanting to for a long time anyhow.

Thanks for joining us!!!:yay

Cat blankets sound like a good idea.

You can count me in on this one...A friend of mine that makes blankets and quilts for Project Linus just gave me a huge garbage bag full of yarn to make blankets for Project Linus. So I'll be posting my progress here :)

okay, I started! :cheer

I'm making little hedgie blankets for Fiona's furry friends. I'll attach the link to her thread after I find it again....here it is.

:) YAY~!!!

I'm also interested in making some pet toys and maybe a couple blankets/mats for the SPCA. We are getting some pets that were displaced from Katrina here in the Tampa Bay area. I know I can't adopt another dog right now, but I'll donate some $$ and a few things to help their stay be a little more enjoyable.

I make items for a local nursing home.I have made 19 lapghans and 3 capes so far this year.

How sweet. :hug I'll have to keep checking back to this thread to get more ideas.

I left a comment on the blog, but will say it here also! I am more than interested in joining! Life is crazy for me right now, but this should give me the momentum to get busy and make the time!

I left a comment on the blog, but will say it here also! I am more than interested in joining! Life is crazy for me right now, but this should give me the momentum to get busy and make the time!

Welcome! I already added you to the list at the blog. If you want to post to the blog (we want you to :) ) then send me your e-mail address.

Archived