What if your hooks just quit working?

Now imagine what poor old Jimbo's going through....

Yup, my lathe just up and quit on me, and the maker in Canada tells me it will be a couple of weeks to send me a new power head. Woe is me. I need some hugs.

Ah but I do have a stash of hook blanks so there will be an auction coming up.. but oh do I miss my lathe!post-3105-0-03042500-1368812950_thumb.jpg

Sending lots of hugs your way. Not fun when something decides to up and quit without any warning.'

Should have given you two weeks notice. LOL.

LI Roe 

Welp a backup has been provided. Not one that anyone would choose, mind you, but a distraction nonetheless. Karol's going for a total hip replacement on Tuesday. Yesterday our dog Biff pulled her off a step and she lit hard on her bad leg so now we get real practice for when she has her brand new hip. I got to make her a riser for the recliner (a far cry from crochet hooks, but hay you can't elevate a seat with a crochet hook, eh?) and lots of other things that put the comatose lathe on the back burner.

But thanks everyone for the hugs. I'm a big fan of hugs... good to give'em, better to get'em.

Welp a backup has been provided. Not one that anyone would choose, mind you, but a distraction nonetheless. Karol's going for a total hip replacement on Tuesday. Yesterday our dog Biff pulled her off a step and she lit hard on her bad leg so now we get real practice for when she has her brand new hip. I got to make her a riser for the recliner (a far cry from crochet hooks, but hay you can't elevate a seat with a crochet hook, eh?) and lots of other things that put the comatose lathe on the back burner.

But thanks everyone for the hugs. I'm a big fan of hugs... good to give'em, better to get'em.

Sending hugs and good wishes to Karol on her upcoming surgery. All will go well.

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived