Does anyone know

faithpa76

where I might find an L hook in aluminum? I don't want plastic, and I like wood but I also like aluminum (easier to use with acrylics, for me anyway).

I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything.

i am not sure they make it in aluminum.. i have only ever seen them in wood (brittany) and plastic (crystallite)

That's what I'm afraid of. :( I guess I'll have to keep looking ...

Maybe if I look in european sizes (mm) I might be able to find something in Europe?? Do you have any idea?

I was hunting for the same thing recently. I really hate my crystalites but the largest aluminum I could find anywhere (two days searching the net lol) was K. So it looks like I'm just gonna have to buy some TOC in the larger sizes (darn the luck ;) )

try ebay store silver goose needlecraft shop-

i just purchased a beautiful crochet hook from them-

it should be arriving soon.

or ebay store astrids dutch obsessions

joanne

I was hunting for the same thing recently. I really hate my crystalites but the largest aluminum I could find anywhere (two days searching the net lol) was K. So it looks like I'm just gonna have to buy some TOC in the larger sizes (darn the luck ;) )

I didn't think he made an L hook though - did I just miss that? Otherwise I would love a TOTC hook ... lol!

try ebay store silver goose needlecraft shop-

i just purchased a beautiful crochet hook from them-

it should be arriving soon.

or ebay store astrids dutch obsessions

joanne

How neat - silver goose also had an O hook, which would also be very useful for me. :D

The other one - I can't seem to find it - is that the exact name?

I have a wooden L~~I bought a Mahogoney one from a SiverGoose on Etsy.com. Like Beth, I don't know if L comes in aluminum....I have aluminum from B to K and then an N, but haven't seen L or M in aluminum.

Melissa, I have an M aluminum hook somewhere but I can't find it - I know I do because I used it for a specific project and I only have the one. I'm pretty sure it wasn't an N hook ... hmmm. I'll have to make a conserted effort to find it.

You know what Beth - I think I need to pull out my handy dandy little gauge checker thing and see if that's right. I checked a chart online to get that number, but I should probably double check that number. I just know I need whatever is going to give me a mm larger than a standard US J hook - which, oddly enough, is listed on the same chart I was looking at earlier as 6 mm. So maybe I only need a 7 mm? Which would be SOME K hooks.

I think I need to start going purely by mm instead of by letter sizing - there are tooooo many variables. This chart is the one I've been looking at - does it look accurate to you? I swear this is almost as confusing to me as trying to convert from imperial to metric - or the other way around.

right.. its too bad the sizes arent standard.. the thing is Faith there is even variation between BRANDS.. boye and susan bates hooks are not always the same letter and MM as each other.. I usually jsut swatch and use what gives me the guage i need.. very frustrating.. all i can say is .. with knitting at least when they say 10 MM its 10 mm .. you know ? LOL

I have a Lion Brand aluminum L, M, N set that I bought at JoAnn's.

I know it's around here somewhere. I went looking for it to double-check and it appears to have wandered off again. Must be in dear daughter's WIP's somewhere! :think

• 2 weeks later...

I have a number of hooks in the larger sizes that are plastic and they aren't crystaliite. They're very sturdy. I use them for rug making. I bought them from Canada from this site:

http://www.yarnforward.com/hooks.html

The L Hook is only $1.85 plus shipping.

where I might find an L hook in aluminum? I don't want plastic, and I like wood but I also like aluminum (easier to use with acrylics, for me anyway).

I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything.

• 1 month later...

Archived