Want to be a Preemie Protector?

khourtniey

Thanks for the link. That looks pretty simple to do, I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I looked at some other sites, I guess I missed this hat. It's cute.

Yes, Lorraine, some preemie blankets are only 12x12! Doesn't seem possible that a baby could be so tiny, does it? And the 12x12 blankets take no time at all to make. How nice of you to help. :manyheart (Not that I started the group or anything, but it is nice of you to help...)

Tina

The blankies I made are 16x16 and I couldn't believe how tiny they seemed. I've also made a couple of hats but I'm almost afraid to send them because they just look like doll hats. :blush

The blankies I made are 16x16 and I couldn't believe how tiny they seemed. I've also made a couple of hats but I'm almost afraid to send them because they just look like doll hats. :blush

I hear that! :eek The booties I'm making look like little doll shoes. I about cried making the first pair when I realized a tiny little person would wear them one day!:cry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Khourtniey, I'd like to send you some blankets and hats too. My son was born almost 12 years ago when I was only 26 weeks pregnant. He weighed 2 pounds 5 ounces. Now he's doing very well in school and he's just a normal kid, but those first few years were very difficult with worry and appointments and a lot of physical and developmental therapies. I'll PM you to get an address to send the blankets and hats to. :)

Vicki

Khourtniey, I'd like to send you some blankets and hats too. My son was born almost 12 years ago when I was only 26 weeks pregnant. He weighed 2 pounds 5 ounces. Now he's doing very well in school and he's just a normal kid, but those first few years were very difficult with worry and appointments and a lot of physical and developmental therapies. I'll PM you to get an address to send the blankets and hats to. :)

Vicki

I have a 29 and 27 weeker. You would be amazed at what my 29 weeker looks like. You could never even tell that he was preemie. My 27 weeker has hit a lot of bumps and he is still overcoming his preemie issues but I can understand where you have been. Its amazing what these little people can overcome! I am glad your son is doing well

Khourtniey,

I have a small package to send you. I will be getting it out Monday or Tuesday. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

:clapI just joined Crochetville yesterday, but this is a project near to my heart. My church has a group of us who make things for the local preemie unit here in Forsyth county, Georgia. I care for Kim, a stroke victim, and we have made 10 preemie hats and 11 preemie blankets so far. We started doing this about 4 months ago.Way to go! We'll keep donating here, but would love to be considered part of your group if that's okay.:cheer

Archived