yarn sleeves?

starryblu

Question

10 answers to this question

lol cindra....

i've just seen them recently. i wind my yarn into balls now, but in the past i didn't. i actually like it better right from the middle of the skein, but my crochet travels so much these days, that seems to mess them up. i thought the sleeves might be helpful. they're not terribly expensive, but i'm happy to save a penny when i can. maybe i can invent a homemade version lol...

thanks to you both for replying!

I have used the sleeves (plastic style) I like them they keep the skein from being coming a mess plus I don't loose the paper label  this way as it stays w/ the yarn and doesn't slide off only down side it when you get to about (apple size of yarn it can get stuck in the plastic due to it sliding around in there)

I picked up a package of the plastic ones a few years ago and have used it once before deciding that it's not necessary.  I found it annoying, as someone else mentioned, that the yarn would catch in it :(  I'd personally spend the money on more yarn :devil

thanks for the opinions everyone! i seem to have trouble with my yarn no matter how i'm using it! i usually wind it into balls, and then keep it in a plastic container so it doesn't escape...it can get in some pretty crazy places, and i hate digging it out from under the couch :)

i've tried working right from the skein, which works fine if i don't move the skein! i take my projects almost everywhere, so the skein ends up getting squished and i end up with tangles. same thing when i get to the last bit of yarn in the skein. i get such a tangled mess!

anyway....long explanation for why i thought the sleeves might be helpful. i could use some yarn organization here at home. most of the time it looks like a yarn explosion just about anywhere you go in my house!

My friend uses the red neck version, the ones that fruit comes in at the grocery store, good way to recycle.  I prefer my yarn containers from Joanne's, have the big and small ones and again if you don't want to buy those the container from diaper wipes works well.  Mary

post-7272-0-24336300-1368654523_thumb.jpg

Or you could try a cheap pair of nylons or socks cut the top end off and slip on to skein try it if you have a pair of sock see if it works for you your only out a pair of sock that HOLES in them anyway LOL.. Also I bought large zipock bags (for larger items they hold 2-4 skeins of yarn well so you zip up until your have limited space to pull your strand thur I have done this as well works great

Archived