Hats for the shelter

katyallen815

Hi, thanks for looking in! These are some hats I made late December, when I heard on the news that our local homeless shelter put out a desperately needed list, of hats,and mittens and scarves and gloves! Our cold snap is in full swing,and this Saturday is my donation day for these and whatever else I can get done by then! thanks for looking, these may look bigger than the others I posted, under Completed Projects in 2012 thread, but these are for the men!

post-40621-135897794627_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897794632_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897794635_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897794638_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897794641_thumb.jpg

those are really nice toques and look like they would fit well. what pattern did you use? I have yet to make one big enough for a man those look nice and stretchy.

those are really nice toques and look like they would fit well. what pattern did you use? I have yet to make one big enough for a man those look nice and stretchy.

Ohh, thank you all for the comments! They are loomed on the larger loom, till I thought they were big enough, then I quit, lol :hook

Ohh, thank you all for the comments! They are loomed on the larger loom, till I thought they were big enough, then I quit, lol :hook

thankyou for the info. I might have to get a loom now. lol I have been thinking about it for awhile now.

Have you tried the UBW hat (ugly but warm) by Dot Matthews? http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013 here on the 'ville. Adding FP/BPDC can really make a hat nice and stretchy too!

http://northernhi-lights.blogspot.com/2010/09/hats-hats-and-more-hats.html . Down a bit on this page is a "side to side" hat. Makes a nice stretchy hat and VERY customizable. I usually make them hooking in the blo

Now I have to get my looms out..well more like find where I've put them. I keep thinking I need to get them out. Your hats are really nice!!

Thanks all!! Im surprized cause I thought they were rather plain, buttttttt men are a bit well, more manly than i like to make hats, you know, so hope these work!!

The looms are great fun, and a break from crocheting hats, which i do also, thanks for the nice words all, and thanks for the links Mary, I will be checking that out!!

Archived