More afghans

Keiyla

First up, some of you may be interested to know that the new owner of the "Rainbow blocks" baby blanket doesn't seem to have any problem with sliding or pulled strips, something I had panicked about. Here is a picture of the recipient and blanket:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3066/alex4weeks30li.jpg

Before the new semester started for me at college, I had time to crank out 2 blankets intended as Christmas gifts for two teenage boys, who gave me their favorite colors as "green and blue" and "orange," respectively.

http://keiylasblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/waterfall.html

http://keiylasblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/think-mink.html

I've discovered a deep joy in crocheting blankets. Next I want to do a flag...and an Aran...and then a ripple..and...and...

You have a gift for blankets, I think! You have beautiful stitching, very even, and those - all three - turned out beautifull. I'd be proud to have any one of those in my home.

If you pulled my arm - I might be forced to say I like the baby blanket best, but they are all lovely! :cheer

You do have a talent for blankets definitely. I haven't made any big people afghans in years because I SUCKED at making them. I have seen the pattern recently for the baby blanket, don't remember where, but it was in solid pink, and solid blue. I like your version tres tres better.:cheer

:droolVERY NICE WORK! I :manyheart the baby blanket!! That is soooooo neat! I am not a fan of the color orange :no , but that afghan looks really really nice, and seeing an afghan done in that color, I do believe I would use it :D (the color and the afghan!). Nice Job!!! :clap

The baby afhgan is on my blog, too. :D The pattern is from Leisure Arts Leaflet #3229, "Over the Rainbow Baby Afghans." The blanket itself is called "Rainbow Blocks." I used Caron Soft, in colors Off-white, Lt. Country Peach, Soft Green, Soft Blue, Soft Pink, and Orchid.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful words of encouragement! :c9

The baby blanket is stunning! I absolutely love it. It is amazing. Where could I get the pattern? What is a leisure arts leaflet? are those the free ones that you find hanging near the yarn? Could this pattern be found online? I'm obsessed with it. If only I knew someone with a baby.... But At least if I find the pattern now, I could have it in my collection for later on.....

AHHHH. I love it!

All are really beautiful including that cute baby! :tup I'll have to find the leaflet for the 48 hr afghan, I love the texture of the orange mink!

that is a beautiful baby blanket. Do you know where I could find the pattern for the Rainbow block baby blanket. I have a new grandchild coming in March. With that I could get a head start on his/her wardrobe.

that is a beautiful baby blanket. Do you know where I could find the pattern for the Rainbow block baby blanket. I have a new grandchild coming in March. With that I could get a head start on his/her wardrobe.

Sure! I'll try to consolidate all my information on it:

:D

The baby blanket itself is called "Rainbow Blocks." The pattern is from Leisure Arts Leaflet #3229, "Over the Rainbow Baby Afghans." By "leaflet" I mean it's not bound like a normal book. It's only about 10 pages or so. Their website is www.leisurearts.com, where you should be able to order the booklet if your local Joann's or Michael's doesn't have it. I used Caron Soft, in colors Off-white, Lt. Country Peach, Soft Green, Soft Blue, Soft Pink, and Orchid.

It's wonderful to hear of the enthusiasm for this blanket! Happy crocheting!:hook

Archived