63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

Hey sue you know that is very true that that gage is not a big thing because mine came out very nice I posted it you can see it on my photobucket and he love it,I gave it to my hubby on New Yeatrs like i said and immediatly I started the flower afghan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks great, Julia! Nice job! :tup

Claire - I'm not sure how long it took me to make a square but I'd guess an hour or more depending on the square. I think if I made two in a row, it took awhile. Don't worry too much about time though, making a nice square is more important. I'm glad you like the bobbles! Personally, I prefer the flat squares so I guess you can say there's something for everyone! :lol

Juli - I had to buy a new hook when I was making this 'ghan because my CAT stole my other one! :eek I eventually found the hook but, sheesh!, talk about annoying!

pb&j, how did your cat steel your hook? And what did she do with it? (I tremble at the possibilities!)

I started square #13, the Bushy Stitch. Is that cluster supposed to look like a little bush? Is that where the name come from? I don't know. I do know that it's coming along nicely and pretty easily. I'm hoping I can whiz right through it and start #14, the Seed Stitch, which also looks pretty easy.

angels776, I find your multicolored afghan to be very inspiring! You did a great job!

Ok, a few dishes to wash and I'm back to the squares!

Normally, my cat leaves my crochet stuff alone. She only wadded up one ball of yarn once to the point where I couldn't untangle it and she stole my hook while I was working on the 63 squares. I guess I left the hook out on a chair and she batted it around until she got it stuck under a bedside table across the room.

:eek

When my kids were little and we had another cat, their itty bitty toys were always disappearing. Months later, when moving the couch for a cleaning, there were a whole bunch of the itty bitty toys under the couch exactly one cat arm's length away from the edge! :cat Telling the kids that the cat would steal their toys if they left them out was a good way to get the kids to clean up their stuff!:devil

Hey you know juliekay my hubby says that he really woulden't want to hear us together because me alone drive him crazy he can't imagine us together lol lol lol lol so if you come on with your mother in law that will be are day alone without disturbances lol lol that will be a womans day for us lol.

Thought I'd check in. :) Working on the trinity stitch square tonight while watching some television. To get good quality "me'' time, I gotta stay up late. It's 2 a.m. -- but it's nice and quiet. Putting the sc border rows on the trinity square. Had to use a J hook to get the gauge to come out. Whew! That will make 6 done -- so many to go. LOL.

But at least I'm making progress! :clap

Hugs! Juli

Hi Juli

Boy, you are a night owl ! I won't even tell you what time I go to bed, you'll think i live in a nursing home ! :lol

Keep up the good work, the squares will begin to stack up soon and you'll see some progress. That will keep you going !

and Julia - you tell that hunkster Antonio that if I ever come to visit, I'm planning on bringing the mother in law AND all her sisters ( which sounds a LITTLE like a small tornado when you get them all together from all the WIND ) and we're coming when HE WILL BE HOME .

We might even decide to spend the night OR the whole week .:D

Juli, I have to applaud you for doing the trinity stitch and watching tv at the same time without messing up. I needed complete concentration for that one. And working on it at 2am? Forget it!

Yesterday was very productive for me. I finished the Seed Stitch, the Afghan Stitch and the Granny Square. Three finished in one day! Of course, I had started the Seed stitch on Wednesday night, so it doesn't count as much! I just zoomed through those other two. I'm used to doing granny squares, though.

16 down, 47 to go!

Another 3 squares completed last night. That means I only have to do 5 this weekend to complete my 10 squares/wk goal. :clap It should be fairly easy as I don't have a lot planned. Maybe I'll even get a head start on next week's squares. :hook

Wow, that's great! It must have been the phase of the moon or something, because I finished 3 yesterday, too.

Hmm, a weekly goal, what a fabulous idea! 10 a week is a good number, slightly more than one a day, but not an insane number! Why, I think I shall do that, then! Thanks for the inspiration!

Twinnish,

My goal of 10/wk is to keep me on track to complete the afghan by my sister's birthday on 3/3/06. But it will be nice to complete this quickly so I can get on to other projects :clap I'm tired of doing time-dependent gifts but who can say no to my sister?? Not my parents, not me. She'll be 24... You never outgrow the older sister responsibilities I guess. :lol

Jen

Hi girls! :) (I don't think we have any gents doing this one, do we?)

Well, I finally finished my WIP and got started on this, and made three squares today while my toddler took a long nap. All three came out closer to 9 inches than 8, but since it seems consistant, I'm not going to worry about it. My finished afghan will just be a bit larger.

I ended up going with the Caron One Pound skeins, mainly since they were so affordable (Hubby just got laid off work, so I have to be frugal right now). I ended up being surprised by how much I like the yarn, it has a nice hand and is all around nicer than I expected. And DARN aren't they big?!? :lol

The colors were just what I'd hoped, I bought the Off White, Light Sage, and Rose, like the pattern. I had actually picked those colors before I joined this CAL, as my late grandmother always wore gingham check house-dresses in those colors.

I'm going to do a bit of square shuffling, as I want the Trinity stitch to be the center block. I will probably be the last to finish this CAL! :lol

Hi Lynda

Welcome ! Glad you joined us. Your colors sound pretty and I'm glad you found the ones you wanted. I think the Caron pounder yarn is a little thicker than some of the other yarns, that could be why your squares turned out bigger, but like you said, it'll be fine, just so they all turn out about the same .

There seem to be new people joining this all along, so you may not be the last one to join or finish !

Have fun and holler if you need anything . :)

Hi Linda! Welcome to the asylum!

My ecru is the Caron pounder while my two other colors are Red Heart SS. I like it better than the RH. My ecru squares keep coming out huge, though.

It doesn't matter when you finish, as long as you do! AFter all my bragging about doing three squares in one day, yesterday I did a big fat goose egg's worth of squares. Wait, that's not entirely true. I did start #17, but wasn't happy with Round 1 because it was 10pm and I was tired and crabby so I frogged it. But the total came out to zero!

Now I'm just biding my time at work until I can get out of here and go home and crochet (maybe!). What was that I was saying about doing 10/week???

Jen - Don't give up or get discouraged . Everyone has a bad day once in awhile. Hope today went better and you were able to get some squares done !

Angela- consider yourself signed up ! Do you have colors picked out yet ? Holler if you have any questions or need any help ~

Hi Angie -

The booklet is available at walmart -- at least every walmart I have ever been in has had it, if not, I would guess most other craft stores like Michaels or them would have it too .

It is Leisure Arts booklet number 555 .Called 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches

If you want to order it online, I order all my booklets from this lady -

www.countryyarns.com

Her name is Jennie and she is really nice and has very good speedy service . You also don't have to pay by credit card, which I like .

Good luck ! ( I bet you'll find it at walmart if you have one close to you )

Hi Angie! The book is still available at Michael's too. What colors are you planning to use?

Claire - was number 17 the bobbly one with 4 bobbles in the center? I'm not a fan of bobbles myself! They never look quite right when you start them and you have to hope that they turn out right! There are lots of lovely, easier squares coming up that are much more fun to do! :)

Archived