curling?

dragonlord

Using a larger hook will cut down on the curl too.

This is what I discovered as well. I was using way too small of a hook and when I changed to a larger hook it didn't curl nearly as bad. This is one stitch that about kills my hands. LOL I can only work on it for short spurts. :(

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this thread. I only learned how to do Tunisian Crochet last night and noticed it was curling (so was the one on the video where I learned). Since I couldn't hear the video but only watch it, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Taming the Curl:

1. On the foundation row, for Row 1; stitch in the back "bump" of the stitch instead of in the front.

2. After a border is applied, it should tame the curl.

3. Loosen the tension on the first row and last row.

Hope these tips help you some as they have helped me.

Taming the Curl:

1. On the foundation row, for Row 1; stitch in the back "bump" of the stitch instead of in the front.

Thanks!!! Since it is my first project I am going to put a border on like suggested. If that doesn't work, then next time I will loosen my tension.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Taming the Curl:

This is exactly what i was going to post, about the back bump i mean :clap

I'm a brand new member of Crochetville, from Sonoma, CA. I'm working on my first tunisian crochet project. In reading about it, they said that if you're using a natural yarn, such as wool or cotton, it will curl. Keep working on it, and block it well when finished. That should take care of it.

I surmise that after the item is washed, it would need to be re-blocked, but I don't know that for sure.

Archived