Your Favorite Crochet Pattern Book?

What is your favorite pattern book? The one that you use the most or that has the best patterns? It can be for anything, afghans, clothing, baby, whatever.

I want to buy a book that I will use lots, not one that I only like one pattern in ;)

I love the "Afghans For All Seasons" series. Every time I see one I don't have, I buy it for my collection. The patterns are great, easy to follow and the photos are stunning.

I've made 2 tops from Everyday Crochet by Doris Chan and would highly recommend it. Doris has a ravelry group where you can get specific help from her and from others who have made the patterns. photos from the book on Doris' flickr

Crocheted Gifts by k werker has a great variety of patterns; i have made the ravissant socks. http://www.amazon.com/Interweave-Presents-Crocheted-Gifts-Irresistible/dp/1596681071/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328724256&sr=1-1

Best of interweave Crochet has just come out, has great articles as well as patterns http://www.amazon.com/Best-Interweave-Crochet-Collection-Favorite/dp/1596683023/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328724448&sr=8-1 If you don't have all of the magazines, it is a great way to get them.

I agree with Reni. "Afghans for All Seasons" have some pretty awesome patterns for whatever you are into - baby, adult, male, female. (can you tell they are well liked in my home:lol:lol:D:D)

I hear you when you say you are looking for a book you can really use, so many are filled with photos of eye candy, things that look great, but are totally unusable in the real world.

I've been collecting crochet books for years, I probably have a hundred or more. My go-to site for shopping for books is HamiltonBook, I started buying from them about 20 years ago and found they have the best prices for almost everything.... I buy cookbooks, Kids and nature stuff and novels from them, too.

Edward R Hamilton is their catalog site, you can order here and print out the form and send in a check. It has better photos of the covers, so I usually poke around here first, picking out what I like. They send you a catalog every month or so, which is eye candy in itself.

Their online ordering site doesn't show the photo cover until you click on the title, that's why I usually poke around on the one above first, then I order from this one, with a credit card, at Hamiltonbook. I love picking out a handful of books and only spending $20... many of their closeouts are only $5-8.

My recent favorite is the Big Book of Crochet for $6.95, compared to $15.80 at Amazon. (I love Amazon, too, but have to admit I use them to read the reviews on the books before I actually order them from Hamilton.)

Just want to clarify I have nothing to do with this company except that I have been shopping with them for many years... and I love a bargain!

I hear you when you say you are looking for a book you can really use, so many are filled with photos of eye candy, things that look great, but are totally unusable in the real world.

I've been collecting crochet books for years, I probably have a hundred or more. My go-to site for shopping for books is HamiltonBook, I started buying from them about 20 years ago and found they have the best prices for almost everything.... I buy cookbooks, Kids and nature stuff and novels from them, too.

Edward R Hamilton is their catalog site, you can order here and print out the form and send in a check. It has better photos of the covers, so I usually poke around here first, picking out what I like. They send you a catalog every month or so, which is eye candy in itself.

Their online ordering site doesn't show the photo cover until you click on the title, that's why I usually poke around on the one above first, then I order from this one, with a credit card, at Hamiltonbook. I love picking out a handful of books and only spending $20... many of their closeouts are only $5-8.

My recent favorite is the Big Book of Crochet for $6.95, compared to $15.80 at Amazon. (I love Amazon, too, but have to admit I use them to read the reviews on the books before I actually order them from Hamilton.)

Just want to clarify I have nothing to do with this company except that I have been shopping with them for many years... and I love a bargain!

That site is awesome! Thank you :) I found a book there that I was thinking of buying for one pattern. But the price was $25, way too much. I found the pattern I wanted alone for $6, but Hamiltonbook had it for $4.95 for the whole book! So I bought that and two others for less than $20. Yay :yay I LOVE the Big Book of Crochet :) I am actually working on the filet heart afghan from that right now.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I am going to keep a running list and when I have extra money I'll get another :)

I agree with all the choices listed here, but I do want to add the book by Leinhauser and Weiss (Sterling publications) 100 Crochet Projects. It has so many lovely patterns that are for young and old, wearables and Household. You should check it out.

Archived