"Pocahontas" slippers by DROPS Design

Sue89

Okay, I know these look a little funny because I made them with odds and ends of leftover yarn. But when I saw this pattern I just loved the design and couldn't wait to try it. http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=5265〈=us

I didn't have enough of any one yarn so I used several in different weights. The two blue yarns are regular worsted weight, the multi is the thicker Rag Doll yarn, and the bottom is two worsteds held together (which makes for a nice, thick sole) in black and blue.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that this pattern is so much easier to do than I expected. You're just crocheting a flat piece and then folding it in half and sewing together. And it's only sc and dc. So easy and quick, and I imagine you can skip the boot part if you just wanted more of a moccasin style. I think the only minor challenge I had was making the pom-poms for the cords. I don't have much practice at that, and next time I would make the cords a couple of inches shorter.

post-32-135897728542_thumb.jpg

OOOOH, I like those!!! It's so neat so see how just a color change can make something so different. The colors in yours worked out great, I didn't think anything about leftover yarns til you mentioned it, lol.... I also like the more natural look in the picture on that link you shared. SO many ways you could make those! :hyper

Archived