2 Shoulder Warmers

Franciscangypsy

The first two projects I've ever finished! I'm very proud of them and wore them when I went on vacation in Ohio. By the time I came back home, my Mom (who also made two) and I had orders to make two more for someone else! :lol

I got the pattern from The Complete Idiots Guide to Crochet Projects... just perfect for a girl like me!

It's basically a shawl, except that it has cuffs at the end. So you can wear it like a normal shawl like you want to or you can stick your arms through the "sleeves" if you want the shawl to stay put. It's quite convenient and gets a lot of compliments. :hook

post-41374-135897685729_thumb.jpg

post-41374-135897685736_thumb.jpg

looks great, I just checked that book out of the library and that pattern was one of the reasons

Thanks for all the kind compliments! It's a nice easy, fun pattern!

To answer the question about yarn and hook, I used Lion Brand Homespun for the main part of the shawl, Rowan Calmer for the cuffs, and Lion Brand Fun Fur for the edges of the cuff. The hook I used for was "O" (which is not the required hook. I did the gauge wrong, but ended up like the effect of the larger shoulder warmer) with the "G" hook for the cuffs. My Mom made her first one with the required "L" hook instead of the "O" and it ended up being quite a bit smaller to her disappointment. She ended up adding extra rows to get a longer shawl.

The shawl is a nice and soft. I definitely can't wait to use the rest of my Homespun for a different project. :heart

Archived