Chair leg "socks"

crochetbug13

Jen Wayland is the brains behind this idea, and I can't say enough good things about it. You can hear the before and after with my kitchen chairs and find the link to her project page at ravelry that details the specifics of how to go about making your own chair leg socks at this blog post. Many thanks to Jen for sharing this idea which has already made my life better.

post-43348-135897679562_thumb.jpg

post-43348-135897679566_thumb.jpg

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Very Cool¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

I made "highchair" leg socks about a year ago when my grandkids were here.... the highchair I have for them needed the socks so the legs wouldnt scratch my dining room floor! Works great!

:heart

:mug

HI, ive done these a long time ago, only have about four left, but I did it my own pattern, thought I ws being oh so exclusive, lol just goes to show ya, huh! They do work, and the chairs don't make that "screeching" noise when you pull them out to vacuum or sweep! lol

• 1 month later...

THis is such a GREAT idea! With so many going to hard wood floors, I am sure these socks will be greatly appreciated and save a lot of damage from scratches! I want to do it for my kitchen chairs because they are so heavy, I think they will slide on the ceramic floors easier with the socks. Besides, they are cute! I will probably use some bright colors and make them noticeable! :)

Mine don't stay on the chairs when someone moves the chair away from the table or drag the chair to the other end of the kitchen. Any ideas to help??????????:think

I'd either crochet the second to last round with a big of elastic in it. Just cut a length the right size to go snugly around the leg. Sew it in to a ring then just crochet over the elastic while doing the second to last round.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived