In July I Will ....

ratdog

OK July first is here!

Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things this month and get to work learning that Angel square.

I have been sidetracked by the Casey Anthony trial/ Circus playin gout here in Florida.

What are all of you up to this month?

Happy July. Can't believe less than 6 months til Christmas... (Maybe I shouldn't mention that haha)

In July, I WILL finish the blanket I'm working on.

In July, I will start getting Christmas gifts worked on (& hopefully a few done!)

Yay! I am excited for this month. I have to get the sunflower granny square lapghan finished, and hopefully figure out how I'm going to do the comfort lapghan so I can make some progress. Maybe it'll be a prayer shawl. I'm also working on this red n' black flannelghan off and on for my counterpart, but there's no deadline on that. Who knows what else will come up? I am considering the idea of going overboard and making an afghan for a friends daughter, a baby blanket for her new arrival, and a wedding afghan if she gets married after the baby comes. Lol, I'd never get it all done though.

Ratdog,

I can't wait to see what you'll accomplish this month. On the angel square, what's the project? Is it a gift for someone?

Good luck everyone!

Happy July. Can't believe less than 6 months til Christmas... (Maybe I shouldn't mention that haha)
:tryme

I'm so happy July is here because June went down the drain!! I at least need to get these three projects done....

:fluffy flannel-ghan...it seems my strips are way longer so I've got to add a few more

IMG_1093.jpg

:fluffy autumn solid granny for a girl at work

IMG_1092.jpg

:fluffy fun yarn round ripple...yea soft but not so fun

IMG_1094.jpg

Well, Tuesday starts the bone marrow process for hubby ( the donor) so I will be working on the matching comfortghans for dh and the marrow recipient... throw in work on the bolero and some play food for my niece for Christmas...

I have a couple cross stitch projects to finish too

Well I got a lot accomplished in june but there were a couple of things on my list I didn't finish so they will be first on the July list.

In July I will:

1. Weave in ends and sew buttons on baby dress.

2. Weave in ends and sew buttons on newborn baby gown.

3. Finish vacation swap package and mail.

4. Decide on birthday gift for Mom and make it.

5. Crochet a tea set for my granddaughters first birthday.

6. Crochet an ami birthday cake for her too.

7. Make a pink ninja for ds to give her for her birthday.

8. Probably more to come...

OK July first is here!

Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things this month and get to work learning that Angel square.

I have been sidetracked by the Casey Anthony trial/ Circus playin gout here in Florida.

What are all of you up to this month?

Yeah this week that is all I have been watching the rest of the trial for July I will:

1. make 8squares for daughter's blanket

2. finish weaving in ends to a scarf

3. finish weaving in ends to two dishcloths

In July I will: finish the afghan in brown and yellow, unless it gets too hot to handle, then it will get put aside until cooler weather.

Also, will work on kids and babies afghans to go up to Duke Children's Hospital next time my daughter heads up that way to take our friend's son for a check up. Gave them 5 in June, and should have a few more whipped out by the end of July.

Work on baby things for a girl in our neighborhood, her pregnancy is bringing back the recent loss of her mother, and she's been crying a lot, dd says. Least I can do is give the baby a layette to start out with.

Also have to start things for my (hopefully) granddaughter in love. Baby has a 1 in 14 chance of having Down Syndrome like biggest brother, but will still be loved to bits. Even if it turns out to be another boy. Everyone wants a girl this time as they have 2 boys, but we'll just tell them to cut it close when the do the circumcision. Very modest child, hands and feet were covering the privates last ultrasound.

Well, my crochet bubby took the pattern home and didn't have a problem with it. When I met with her I made it while she watched and she figured out what I did wrong. I have since made a couple more parctice squares. I have decided I really don't like the pattern. I am going to do a simple shell design instead. I can't believe I used up June working on that pattern. I goal is to make the baby blanket this month.

Hello ladies. I haven't posted on here in almost a year. Good to be back.

In July

~~~~~

*A hexagon a day(3/31)

*trim on baby scrap vvs

*finish giant granny afghan

*sort stash into projects

In July I will:

3. Finish vacation swap package and mail. Done 7/5/2011

4. Decide on birthday gift for Mom and make it.

Progress!!! :yay

Good evening all.

Today's update~2 hexes & finished baby afghan.

In July

~~~~~

*A hexagon a day(5/31)

*trim on baby scrap vvs

Welcome back, Shelley! I hope things are well with you.

I'm sorry you're having trouble, Ratdog. I'm sure you can conquer this square though. Can you get help somewhere?

My update: I've got like 35 squares done, 34 with tails tucked (thanks to my wonderful parents and counterpart!) I'm slow, but I'll get crackin'. Shawl is going well. Doing a simple v stitch 50-60 inches long and so far 12 out of 24 inches wide. I'm using a size P hook with two colors of Caron SS: pale pink and off white. That's all for now!

Good to see so many of you working so hard. Gives me inspiration.

Good evening all. Thanks for the welcome back.

Today's update~4 hexes,1 round on giant granny & I started another baby afghan. Gotta use that yarn up. lol

In July

~~~~~

*A hexagon a day(9/31)

*trim on baby scrap vvs

*scrap baby granny

Slowly working on things....I have 7 strips to whip stitch together for the blanket for work and I"m on the last panel for my flannel-ghan.

In July I will:

3. Finish vacation swap package and mail. Done 7/5/2011

4. Decide on birthday gift for Mom and make it.Done 7/9/2011

MORE Progress!!! :yay

My mom had requested dish cloths so I made six of them: 3 just like the one pictured below and 3 of the reverse (multi center and purple border). I also gave her an IOU for dinner and a movie once the new Harry Potter movie opens up. :D

post-22056-135897675445_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone else is making lots of progress with their goals too! :cheer

progress so far sewed 4 squares together made a total of 8 squares and this coming week I start a new job so I will be a banquet server can't wait so excited

Good morning all.

Today's update~6 hexes & 4 rounds on giant granny.

In July

~~~~~

*A hexagon a day(15/31)

*trim on baby scrap vvs

*finish giant granny afghan(1row & trim)

*scrap baby granny

Well, I don't think I will finish the baby blanket this Month. My wrist hurt badly after I had done several hours Saturday. I had to wait till Wednesday till it felt better. I think I will only do a couple of rows a day. I am wearing a wrist support now when i corchet and it helps.

I am so sorry sja! I hope this doesn't set you back too far, but ya know takin care of yourself is the most important thing you can do. I'm glad you got a wrist support and took a break. I hope you feel better!

Well, I don't think I will finish the baby blanket this Month. My wrist hurt badly after I had done several hours Saturday. I had to wait till Wednesday till it felt better. I think I will only do a couple of rows a day. I am wearing a wrist support now when i corchet and it helps.

:hug Ouch!!! have you tried the thick handle hooks?

I've been in a crochet funk lately, I've projects everywhere it seems, just laying there. I even committed myself to another baby blanket project! GREAT!

Archived