Deployment blanket.

Well Im sorry ladies, I told you guys I would post some pictures last night before I went to bed. To explain what really happened, l gotta go a little in detail of my day yesterday.

I went to my Parents house and I have had a rash on my neck now for about 2 weeks. Well I guess it had gotten a lot worse then when my dad saw it, he got really upset and sent me to the urgent care clinic up the road, on a sunday, at around 5:00 in the afternoon. Well, I can say thank goodness for timing, I got seen quickly and with little to no issues, and thats also when my dad realized that the rash on my neck, was well, covering more of me, it has gone down my chest, covering most of my upper chest. It starts back up at on my lower tummy and down through my thighs, and then all over my back. AND IT ITCHES SO BAD! well...doc took one look at it. Chuckled, and said "well nothing to serious. Just a good heat rash covering about 34% of her body, now there is a catch, no more sun, stay cool, and you'll need to pick these up, because those red bumps, are clogged sweat glands"

Oh great so, I'm in Texas, where we are having the worst drought that we have had since 1950. its 109 right now on average. how do you stay cool? How do you avoid going out, because even at night its about 85 to 75 anywhere in between, and I sweat even in that. So now Im under house arrest....unless i have to go out and only late at night.

They put me on an Antihystime, Benadrille . *forgive my spelling* and cortisone 10 for sensitive skin, because I have skin allergies. And well the Little pink and grey pill they gave me, Knocks me out. I learned this last night, well more this morning, as I fell asleep on the couch, with the door unlocked and four dogs cuddled up to me. I woke up that way.... :yay LOL

So sorry for the lack of pictures, but I did wake up take the dogs out and made coffee, then ran for my camera for you guys! I really need some opinions on this one. Im not sure if I like it. Its kinda.... wow!

:think what do you guys think??

post-40223-135897684983_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897684987_thumb.jpg

post-40223-13589768499_thumb.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry about your rash. My mom gets that sometimes. We live in Georgia and the heat is bad enough here. I can't imagine what it's like there. My dads who drives a truck had to go to Texas one day. He called and said girl we don't know what heat is. I asked him what he was talking about and he told me there's nothing in GA like this heat out here.

I think that your color choice is very beautiful. I luv those colors together. It will go great with the rest of the afghan. What week are you on now 9? I am really enjoying talking with and getting to know you. I also like seeing your progress each week.

STAY COOL!!!

I'm so sorry about your rash. My mom gets that sometimes. We live in Georgia and the heat is bad enough here. I can't imagine what it's like there. My dads who drives a truck had to go to Texas one day. He called and said girl we don't know what heat is. I asked him what he was talking about and he told me there's nothing in GA like this heat out here.

I think that your color choice is very beautiful. I luv those colors together. It will go great with the rest of the afghan. What week are you on now 9? I am really enjoying talking with and getting to know you. I also like seeing your progress each week.

STAY COOL!!!

I've been here for ten years. This is the hottest it's been my entire time here.

Yes, this is week 9. Next week means ive made it ten weeks! So excited about that. I'm happy you like the colors, I was worried they didn't look right! Lol :blush

I'm happy to be getting to know you to krazy! I like meeting new people and talking with them!

Well off to stitch some! :crocheting

Well Im sorry ladies, I told you guys I would post some pictures last night before I went to bed. To explain what really happened, l gotta go a little in detail of my day yesterday.

I went to my Parents house and I have had a rash on my neck now for about 2 weeks. Well I guess it had gotten a lot worse then when my dad saw it, he got really upset and sent me to the urgent care clinic up the road, on a sunday, at around 5:00 in the afternoon. Well, I can say thank goodness for timing, I got seen quickly and with little to no issues, and thats also when my dad realized that the rash on my neck, was well, covering more of me, it has gone down my chest, covering most of my upper chest. It starts back up at on my lower tummy and down through my thighs, and then all over my back. AND IT ITCHES SO BAD! well...doc took one look at it. Chuckled, and said "well nothing to serious. Just a good heat rash covering about 34% of her body, now there is a catch, no more sun, stay cool, and you'll need to pick these up, because those red bumps, are clogged sweat glands"

Oh great so, I'm in Texas, where we are having the worst drought that we have had since 1950. its 109 right now on average. how do you stay cool? How do you avoid going out, because even at night its about 85 to 75 anywhere in between, and I sweat even in that. So now Im under house arrest....unless i have to go out and only late at night.

They put me on an Antihystime, Benadrille . *forgive my spelling* and cortisone 10 for sensitive skin, because I have skin allergies. And well the Little pink and grey pill they gave me, Knocks me out. I learned this last night, well more this morning, as I fell asleep on the couch, with the door unlocked and four dogs cuddled up to me. I woke up that way.... :yay LOL

So sorry for the lack of pictures, but I did wake up take the dogs out and made coffee, then ran for my camera for you guys! I really need some opinions on this one. Im not sure if I like it. Its kinda.... wow!

:think what do you guys think??

I think it's terrific! I haven't seen an ugly combination from you yet lady!

Why thank you Katy! How are the blankets coming along? Still in a funk? I hope they aren't to much work! :clap

Hi Lori, yep, got most of the squares all used up and delivered in pretty blankees, the EMERG Preg. center here, for teens and others in crisis and pregnant too, picked up my donation on Friday! there were 13, but I think I added two more at the last minute, so 15 all together. She called today, to thank US! (I put your name on the ones containing your squares so they would know it was a team effort!) so that is where they went, and will be very much appreciated! Thanks for all your help, and I love the blankee you are currently making! Its' gorgeous!

I love the idea. I need to see what I have. I can do one for a 12 year old boy who has arthritus so bad he is in pain all the time. He really could use a afghan and to let him know that people do care and love him. I don't have much yarn sO i'll what I can do.

Hi Lori, yep, got most of the squares all used up and delivered in pretty blankees, the EMERG Preg. center here, for teens and others in crisis and pregnant too, picked up my donation on Friday! there were 13, but I think I added two more at the last minute, so 15 all together. She called today, to thank US! (I put your name on the ones containing your squares so they would know it was a team effort!) so that is where they went, and will be very much appreciated! Thanks for all your help, and I love the blankee you are currently making! Its' gorgeous!

Yay! I'm so happy they went to such a good cause! I'm happy they got them and appericate them. Thank you! I love it to! Such a long project but it will show that I'm going through this and making it. It's my way to countdown his coming home.

I love the idea. I need to see what I have. I can do one for a 12 year old boy who has arthritus so bad he is in pain all the time. He really could use a afghan and to let him know that people do care and love him. I don't have much yarn sO i'll what I can do.

Maybe do a twelve strip afghan for him instead of a year long like me. Not as much yarn and single thread. Maybe 75 stitches over 138. Just a suggestion! :hook

I'm so glad your blankees come out good. It's nice of you and all people who donated to do them.

I gave a bunch of squares to Katy that I stitched up while my honey was on HEMAT training in Colorado (basically prep for deploying) I just had them sitting there with nothing to do with them. So I posted asking if anybody knew what to do with them. Katy asked for them and I mailed them off. :):manyheart

She made the blankets, I gave her to squares!

Always happy to help, I've got a pile of scraps building up from this project that I'll be making squares out of. So I figure I'd send them to you once I started a good stash up! Lol

My day has been well, horrible lol. It would appear my dogs were itching to tear my swift up. And yesterday they did. Thankfully my ex-husband was able to fix it. Now I am unknotting my yarn :( I've been working on it all day. I've got half the papika color freed. My poor yarn! I'm very hopeful to get it finished today and tomorrow, and then friday finish the strip. If not, I'm behind :(

Silly dogs!

So sorry about dog tearing it up. Glad someone was able to fix it. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Okay got all the yarn fixed, now to spend most of tomorrow stitching and bordering and panicking lol. :cheer I'll get it done I always do! Woo! Then I'll attach and start the next week lol...yay me! :manyheart

Whew!

Hello -

I finished a crochet project a few months ago and was looking for another crochet project when I read this thread. This is a fabulous idea!:cheer Your afghan is turning out beautifully! I love the colors! Question: What size hook are you using (sorry if I missed this).

Tell your boyfriend "thank you" for his service. I have a soon-to-be nephew who will be shipping out from Norfolk VA in February. I have a niece in the AF and her husband is in the Army (both stationed in HI at this time).

Thanks.

Cadie

Hello -

I finished a crochet project a few months ago and was looking for another crochet project when I read this thread. This is a fabulous idea!:cheer Your afghan is turning out beautifully! I love the colors! Question: What size hook are you using (sorry if I missed this).

Tell your boyfriend "thank you" for his service. I have a soon-to-be nephew who will be shipping out from Norfolk VA in February. I have a niece in the AF and her husband is in the Army (both stationed in HI at this time).

Thanks.

Cadie

Tell your family members "THANK YOU" also. You could start an afghan for one of them. I think that would be a great project. I am just following along the process of her afghan. I'm not making one of my own. Have no one in military. But I am so thankful to those that serve.

Sorry for my lack of responses I've been stitching like crazy lol :D

Sweet, I am using a N hook. 9.00 MM. 19 across, 138 stitches up lol. So it's big but wonderful! Thank you for your compliment on my colors. :manyheart

I'll keep your nephew in my thoughts and prayers. He will be fine I'm sure of it. As well as your niece and her husband. Must be even harder for them both being in the armed services at the same time.

The idea was a random thought middle of the night idea. I have no idea where it came from but I just wanted something to show me I was making it. Seems a lot of people love it! :)

Krazy, thank you so much for following and supporting me :) I appericate it mor then I ever thought I would, and just because nobody in your family serves doesn't mean you can't make something similar or even find a charity that makes socks or beenies for the men and women who are deployed. Just a suggestion. :)

And two you both, he says no thank you for your apperication, and that if it wasn't for y'all standing behind them, they would have nothing to fight for. That's just the way he is, normally when somebody thanks him he pops off with... "I'm just doing my job" lol he's silly. Well off to finished week 9 and hopefully start week 10 tonight. Gotta border and attach. :yarn

I am working on a lot of other thinks right now. So not sure if I can work on something for the servicemen and women sorry. Wish I could. I am making a big granny blanket and have no idea what I'm gonna do with it so maybe I'll give it to the local VFW. Not sure yet. Do luv crocheting for charity though.

And tell your honey I said to take our THANK YOUS and be proud and glad someone is thinking him. There are enough people who don't support him so be glad when someone does.

I am working on a lot of other thinks right now. So not sure if I can work on something for the servicemen and women sorry. Wish I could. I am making a big granny blanket and have no idea what I'm gonna do with it so maybe I'll give it to the local VFW. Not sure yet. Do luv crocheting for charity though.

And tell your honey I said to take our THANK YOUS and be proud and glad someone is thinking him. There are enough people who don't support him so be glad when someone does.

I cant work on anything really then what I got my hands full of. The deployment blanket, A baby blanket that is finally coming together, after that is done, its Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas for him. and then I gotta figure out how to make Oogie Boogie for him as well. (We both love Nightmare Before Christmas, dont ask me why, im more obessed then him LOL)

and Falling behind this week really irked me, its Tuesday of week 10, and here I am, working on week 9, but I just gotta stitch the strip! WHOO! so here is the finished strip for your enjoyment! :cheer

post-40223-135897688661_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897688665_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897688668_thumb.jpg

Your blanket is coming along. It's ok that you are a lil behind. You will be back on track soon enough. It's not about deadlines and being perfect. It's about HIM. That why you are making it right? It has a life of it's own. If you care about him and you put your heart into the blanket because you care about him then it will be wonderful. He will luv it and you for doing it for him. You are so sweet to do it.

I start back to school on Tuesday. i will be staying with nana as she lives closer to the school. Don't have a laptop ans she doesn't have a computer so won't be able to get on much. So sorry I would love to continue. I hope everyone does well and stays well otherwise also.

Well the blanket isn't just for him its for us. Its a way for me to countdown his home coming, and have something to show for it. We also see it as a way to help me stay calm, and busy when i really need it...(like blackouts). it does have a mind of its own sometimes, but I really wanna keep up with the weekly dates, because thats a week ive made it through. thats one more week closer to him coming home.

Yes even tho those colors don't look quite right to me, it does look interesting. The latest colors, light grey, and peach, the next colors I think look amazing together. Between the sparkly and this peach and grey, i think they will be blended well, Ill go a group (LOL) shot of them.

awww!! krazy! thats sucky! Well I hope you get to keep an eye on it once and a while, remember Ill post pictures once a week. So try for a weekly visit! :devil

well off to get week 10 done. :crocheting

Archived