Deployment blanket.

week 1 and 2 attached. they look great!!!!

:manyheart

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸OmGoodness¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

I love it!!!!!!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well ive been stitching away. i got enough yarn to make 5 strips. and i started one this morning and im almost done lol. its been a great Friday, and a great four week/one month marker. ive had horrible Fridays since he left and its nice to finally have a good Friday over a bad one...but the trade off was a horrible week of finding out a friends dog has parvo, she might get dropped from her online classes. Our water lines getting busted, and no water for a night. Plus a really bad fight with the man over a silly comment due to stress on both our parts. Thankfully it was all worked out in a few words, and sorrys, and I miss yous. Deployed life, is well, different and sad, but its fun and always a new surprise. ANYWAYS sorry needed a moment to vent, and get it out. The new strip is White, and Surprize Stripe, once more the whole blanket will be made out of I love this Yarn from Hobby Lobby.

SO pictures of the new Stash MWAHAHA and the new Strip as it gets worked up.

post-40223-135897671705_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897671709_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897671712_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897671715_thumb.jpg

Lori, that is simply gorgeous! I just love your color choices, and your work looks totally amazing! I can't wait to see the next strip!! DO you count your short rows, to reach the 80 something inches?? excellent work, I love it!

Lori, that is simply gorgeous! I just love your color choices, and your work looks totally amazing! I can't wait to see the next strip!! DO you count your short rows, to reach the 80 something inches?? excellent work, I love it!

Actually I measure them to 85 inches un bordered. And then Border and attach them, because that's how long the first strip was. its bigger then I thought it would be. Lol. But beautiful. Almost done with week three which makes me excited, one strip in a day, talk about power housing it.

:)

yeah, you work fast, lol How wide is each strip, cause Im thinking that times 52 is gonna be huge! give or take an inch counting the border! You are quite ambitious missy! lol

They are 8 inches across without the border

Week 3 is complete and bordered, going to be sewing it together and taking pictures tonight and posting ;) I'm so excited. I'll start week four tomorrow and be caught up. I'm actually 1 day into week 5 today lol.

It's turning out so much better then I expected. Off to whip stitch! :clap

:yarn

Just found this thread and I love it. Has anyone else started one? I had my "ah-ha" moment after about the third set of pictures. I did understand the description really. But now I get it and if I knew how to whipstitch, I'd probably try one.

Thank you so much ladies for your words of encouragement. I really needed them today as I had a bad day.

You can find a video on YouTube on how to whip stitch in crochet. It's really easy if you dont mind hand sewing stuff.

Week 5 is in the works I gotta get it done tomorrow to catch up and I'll be on the right week and weekly posts will be made here as an update. Let's pray the day goes better tomorrow then it did today. I'm missing him horribly and I've hit a low. Lol. Have a good night ladies. He sends fourth of July wishes to all of you, he knows it's late, but to him it still counts!

Week three, a verigrated and white, week four, banana and hot rose. :D

:clap the last is all four weeks combined :D

Oh honey... you're doing a great job!!!!

I sure hope you have a better rest of the week and weekend! :hug hugs and prayers to you my dear!

:heart

:mug

Well ladies, week 5 is complete, and upon looking at the calender I realized something. I jumped a week. Today is the start of week 5. Not week 6. So Im ahead a week now. So this week I'll start some odds and ends to stay busy while I wait for this week to go by and start week 6 lol. Thank goodness for stashes!

I do have good news! I got a phone call last night! First one of the deployment. After a month of waiting i finally got to hear his voice. Which helped me out a lot, so all y'alls wishes somehow pulled to the powers that be and gave him the time to call. thankfully. :c9

Well off to find a stash to widdle down, :) I'll post week 5 pictures tomorrow. :yay

Argh, busy day of cleaning and playing with my daughter, and laundry. And finally putting all his clothes up, surprisingly I didn't cry. Guess I'm getting used to him being gone. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of this navy and soft pink strip, but I will tonight and post then tomorrow. :)

I just can't get over the size this is gonna be, do you realize 52 weeks, times what 8 or so inches a strip, wow, that is like over 34 foot wide, and 80 something linches . I don't even have a room to put something that large into, lol and would probably end up breaking it up into several afghans,is that the plan? Seriously though, whatever you decide to do, I know it will be loved, and appreciated by both of you, and I hope it comes out just the way you pictured it! Just get someone reallly strong to lift it, or wash it, or dry it, lol cause at over 34 ft, you got more than a handful! I did the math, and did it again, and came out the same, it's gonna be a big beautifu big baby! oh, and week two strip is possibly my favorite, for now, lol

Well katy, it's actually going to be fifty weeks long, given he has 2 weeks leave some time this deployment. And usually they come home, oh give or take, the last month is the waiting game of doom. Usually they are home 2 weeks from their original leave date. So actually more like 48 weeks. But the last month of the deployment they could come home at any time. Hence why I say I have 10 months left and one month to wait lol. So it's not that huge. And they do have the super jumbo washers at the laundry mats. It'll fit in there lol. And the jumbo driers to. I've thought about it all. Lol. It will be big, but perfect for snuggling under and have me, him, and our four mutts cuddling with no fighting over covers. (that is a big deal :P) pictures to come shortly ladies!

Archived