Deployment blanket.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome job! :clap

Just stumbled across this thread. My DD's husband may be deploying sometime soon too. I will try this idea out on her. She isn't much of a crocheter but it will give her something to do.

:mug:cat:yarn

..... I would suggest their favorite colors, Navy colors, or maybe their kids favorite colors....OH I like that, their kids favorite colors, because then they can think of their babies while they use it, and be wrapped in the kids when they are asleep!! oh thats cute!

Well, Here is a preview of week 8.... :D

That is a great idea! But my son has 2 daughters whose fav colors are pink and purple. I am not sure the guys would let him live it down if he had a pink & purple afghan on his rack! LOL! Maybe small squares in the corners or something.... I will have to think on that. ;)

That is gorgeous yarn! I love it and so would my granddaughters!

Well, I would suggest something for your daughter, I mean at best it's something to do, and it doesn't have to be like mine. Maybe a square a week or half a skien a week. Something.I'm sorry he is deploying, it's horrible for them to be gone. :( if you stay busy tho, it makes the time go by sooo much faster.

Eee pink and purple! Yikes yeah, the boys won't let him live that down, but then again he can pop off and say at least I got this much love here :P lol. Well maybe navy colors, or his preferred colors with hints of his babies colors mixed it. Like the end strips being pink, and purple, the rest blues and greys and blacks and whites, you know, manly! Lol and he can fold it to hide the girly colors. Ask him what he thinks, I did mine, just ask of it would bother him to have pink and purple on a blanket if you were to make one. We will figure something out, just gotta brain storm a little

And yes, I love this yarn, sparkle. It's beautiful and it's stitching up great! This whole blanket is I love this yarn, because I love how soft it is. And it's the only yarn the bf likes so far! Lol.

:crocheting

I couldn't help myself, I HAD to get a picture of how week 8 is coming along. its so pretty and makes me nearly cry. I cant believe ive made it this far, its stunning to me to see how its going, and how far along ive gone. Makes me proud of me! :D

Enjoy ladies!! :c9

post-40223-135897683443_thumb.jpg

post-40223-135897683448_thumb.jpg

verry pretty keep up the great work. I know hubby willl love it. You have a great eye. I would have never known all those colors would go together so well. Great afghan! :cheer:yay on getting more done

He's not hubby.... I wish he was because be is the man of my dreams, but we both decided to take it slow. Marriage has only been discussed once. Now on his family side, it's been mentioned a lot, it would appear his family would love to have me as a part of their own. Lol. Thank you for telling me I have a great eye, honestly I worry that these colors all look a little funky, but playful. I do have the next set of colors for this month picked out, one of the sets look, well, shockingly very pretty. I can't wait to see it stitched together. I think I'll start it next week because they are a very odd combination. Lol. :blush

Thank you again for your compliment! :hug

me today, stitching away. Well, Im working on the border now, and should have it attached to the blanket here in a few hours, sooooo I should have pictures posted either tonight or tomorrow! YAY!!! :clap

This thread is so much fun. I feel like I am waiting with you for your sweetie to get home!

By the way, how many rows do you get? Seems like it would be easy to loose count and end up with a piece that is two rows too long or too short. I know you said it would be 20 stitches wide. And what stitch did you end up using? Is it a dc?

Awwww!! Honestly I wish I had more people helping me through this. I have my mom, but she really isn't supportive stating she's been through her deployments. (my dad was in the army as well). I have a few wives, but they kinda brush me off because him and I are only dating. (though I hate to say this, but usually girlfriends prove to be more loyal because we know we can loose the person we are with by messing up. Thats a quote from the FRG leader. I kinda believe it but then I kinda don't). I have my ex husband, but he is just as bothered by him being deployed as me, so that's not working as a support. I've had to drop to friends who were causing drama. Saying he didn't love me, he was more interested in his career. Just mean things because he isn't calling everyday, or emailing or chatting online every second of everyday. I've kinda hermited in my house with my yarn and hooks. Its just easier!

So I'm happy to read you feel like your here with me. It means your...supporting me, and him! Which drives me to keep stitching to keep going! :cheer it's like a close group of friends that are cheering me on!

:hug thank you. You actually said the right thing at the right time. I was starting to loose steam....:blush

Thank you so very much. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart

I stitch 138 rows, and I have a row counter on my iPad that I hit a button and it keeps track just a quick flick of my pinky. They are actually 19. I dropped a stitch down, no clue how, must have chained off the first time and I just stayed with it. Lol. And I'm using a half double. It's the most soothing stitch for me, and the border is sc, which takes about thirty minutes to stitch on. The whipstitching together takes about, 3 hours....lol

:yarn

You will get back on track. You are doing something great here. I know it has to be hard him being away and y'all only dating.

Your colors are all great. Can't wait each week to see the next row.

Well, honestly it is very hard. There is one of two ways for this relationship to go, either we fail, fall apart and go our own ways, or we make it through this deployment, intact, and stronger the ever. I've officially made it two months with little to no issues. We've only fought once, which is amazing. Right now he's in another area were Internet access is very limited. But due to limited Internet, he has called more often, like today, he rang me up, and I quote "just to hear me say I love you." 10 minutes of talking with my daughter and 2 with me, and all three of us are feeling better. You could hear the smile in his voice.

Thank you for letting me know my colors look good, I was looking over my skeins for this month, and I realized I got two shades that are very close to week one, just a lighter grey, so I'll be making a trip for a blue over grey or a purple over a pink. Or just keep it, even though it's close in shade. There will be repeats and I know that, and colors close to each other, that's okay.

I'll be starting the next week tomorrow! Woo! Can't wait!

:yay:yay

Thank you guys for keeping an eye, and supporting me. Even from this great distance!

:hug

:devil week nine starts tonight, after dinner woo! these colors look....i dunno, i need opinions, lol. they look interesting together. but really neat!! almost reminds me of an NFL color scheme lol.

By now those of you who are keeping track of me, know that my honey works on helicopters. We had a minor false alarm yesterday evening. The Copter that went down, was in the same area that my honey is in. not the same town or even location. but same region of conflict. I guess some wives really freaked, and a blackout wasnt called fast enough, and soon word spread like wildfire. Being my honey works on the birds, I wasnt to worried, but it still scared me for a moment. None of the men from my Honey's unit were involved.

My heart and Prayers are going to the families of the 31 soldiers, and 7 Afghans that lost their lives.

I am so thankful for our soldiers who give their lives so we can live the life we have here in the great U.S. but its still very sad. and reality hits home for me that there is always that chance that he can get hurt, ..or worse. I cried for the first time last night as I watched the news and heard the reports. This is the largest amount of lives lost in this 10 year conflict. I wish it was over. Not only that, but the Army just announced 9 month deployments for their soldiers *Unless they are a high demand job like my Honeys....go figure, or military police* so untop of my sadness came a joy that they are finally changing their ways and making it less stressful for the families, and soldiers.

Im not one to ask, but If you pray, and to whomever you pray to, please say a prayer for these families that are suffering the loss of a loved one. Also for our soldiers, be marine, navy, air force, or army, to come home safe to their families.

:devil week nine starts tonight, after dinner woo! these colors look....i dunno, i need opinions, lol. they look interesting together. but really neat!! almost reminds me of an NFL color scheme lol.

By now those of you who are keeping track of me, know that my honey works on helicopters. We had a minor false alarm yesterday evening. The Copter that went down, was in the same area that my honey is in. not the same town or even location. but same region of conflict. I guess some wives really freaked, and a blackout wasnt called fast enough, and soon word spread like wildfire. Being my honey works on the birds, I wasnt to worried, but it still scared me for a moment. None of the men from my Honey's unit were involved.

My heart and Prayers are going to the families of the 31 soldiers, and 7 Afghans that lost their lives.

I am so thankful for our soldiers who give their lives so we can live the life we have here in the great U.S. but its still very sad. and reality hits home for me that there is always that chance that he can get hurt, ..or worse. I cried for the first time last night as I watched the news and heard the reports. This is the largest amount of lives lost in this 10 year conflict. I wish it was over. Not only that, but the Army just announced 9 month deployments for their soldiers *Unless they are a high demand job like my Honeys....go figure, or military police* so untop of my sadness came a joy that they are finally changing their ways and making it less stressful for the families, and soldiers.

Im not one to ask, but If you pray, and to whomever you pray to, please say a prayer for these families that are suffering the loss of a loved one. Also for our soldiers, be marine, navy, air force, or army, to come home safe to their families.

I started to cray reading this. Those of us who don't have anyone over there can kinda forget about. It becomes just the war.

I would like to say what I believe if that is ok. I think it's great that they are fighting,but it must be **** for the families and friends back home. I also think that I think they are fighting for the other countries freedom not ours. Our freedom was won back like some 2 or 3 hundred years ago. But I think it's great that our country cares enough to want another country to have the same freedom we experience.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and all our servicemen and women. Glad sweetie is ok.

Your afghan is comming along great. Can't wait to see an updated picture.

Krazy, I understand what you mean when you say, it just becomes a war. I do, once my dad got out of the army it was just another war to me. My dad wasn't in it, so I just brushed it off. Until my friend deployed from high school, did my ideas on it change. but even then, it was just another soldier doing his job. That sounds horrible but that's how I thought, my coping skills at their finest. Now that it is somebody I love, and care deeply for, I am once more back to when my dad was deployed, some days are easy, and some days I really don't think I can do it and call my self insane for getting involved with a military man. It takes prep talks in the morning mirror, and prayers at night to get by sometimes.

On your opinion I respect it, you are right, they aren't fighting for our freedoms anymore. I am proud that we are trying to give them the freedoms we have here, and the efforts we are taking to give it to them.

I have to say, Knowing Chris (my honey) is okay makes me feel better. I felt horrible last night when I gave the sigh of relief that the guys in his unit and him are okay, but other families are suffering, it breaks my heart that I was releived to know he was okay. I felt so bad. I talked to my mom about it and she told me it was normal to have a swing of emotions like these when living through a deployment.

Well sorry for my babbling, sometimes I swear I should start a blog lol. I'm stitching tonight and I'll post some pictures for opinions on this color combo before bed. I need my relief. My stress. So coffee, odd tv shows, and crochet, my kinda night!

:hook

:hug

Thank you guys for being here for me again. And thank you all for your prayers for us, and our men and women who are serving our country.

Um....lol random. Whatever is on that makes me laugh. Usually bridezilllas. My strange addiction (not really funny, but it's interesting). Ghost whisperer, intervention. Taboo. Extreme couponing. That one is just crazy! Omg! Any suggestions? I'm always looking for new stuff to watch.

I do avoid surprise homecoming. That one makes me cry! Because I got like...7 more months until r&r. :(

Waiting for winter to watch the next season of army wives! Love that show! :D

I watch tv all the time so I know like all the shows.

Drop Dead Diva

Against the Wall (new)

Love Army Wives

Food Network it has good shows on all the time. Food Network Star, Food Network Challenge

David Tuteria love that show

Everything else that I think of is the season is fixing to be over or the new hasn't started yet.

I watch tv all the time so I know lie all the shows.

Drop Dead Diva

Against the Wall (new)

Love Army Wives

Food Network it has good shows on all the time. Food Network Star, Food Network Challenge

David Tuteria love that show

Everything else that I think of is the season is fixing to be over or the new hasn't started yet.

David tuteria? Never heard of that one. I like iron chef on food network! I have Netflix to...so I can watch drop dead diva up to what they have...I'll slip it on instant! Lol

Archived