In June I Will .....

ratdog

How are the June projects coming?

I've realized that I hate weaving in tails. Any suggestions on how to speed up the process? I took a break and tried making my first dish cloth. It came out okay other than curling up, and it is pretty small.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I think I should have done that as well. Maybe once I get caught up I will. How do you usually secure your ends? I've been crocheting over, then knotting, then weaving one way only to weave back. I still don't see how that's supposed to be secure enough to wash.

I weave in tails as I go. I find it too daunting to wait till the end of the project. i read ove the new pattern for a baby blanket again last night. I think I will do a test square with leftover yarn to see if i can do the pattern. I don't want to mess up the baby yarn.

I weave in tails as I go. I find it too daunting to wait till the end of the project. i read ove the new pattern for a baby blanket again last night. I think I will do a test square with leftover yarn to see if i can do the pattern. I don't want to mess up the baby yarn.

Wonderful! How long do you have until it has to be done?

I do have until November to make the baby blanket. SO there is no hurry, but it is odd not to be crochecting. I don't want to start anything till I make the baby blanket. I have a problem with figuring how long it will take to do a project.

The month is almost over! :eek

How are things coming along for June projects? I got sidetracked by trying out that wonderful flannelghan pattern and so I'm still hovering near 30 squares for the lapghan. Something tells me that I won't get it done in time.... I really needed the break from the squares though.

Hope everything is coming along!

Well....since you asked. I have tried the pattern three different times and it just doesn't look right. :think I think it is how I stop and start the row. I am meeting with my crochet buddies this week and will ask for help if I haven't figured it out by then.

Well....since you asked. I have tried the pattern three different times and it just doesn't look right. :think I think it is how I stop and start the row. I am meeting with my crochet buddies this week and will ask for help if I haven't figured it out by then.

Oh no. I'm sure you'll figure it out. What pattern are you using if you don't mind me asking? Maybe someone here could help too. I hope things smooth out on this pattern for you. Good luck!

It is a Baby Wraps book by Leisure Arts. It my just be my interpetation of the pattern is wrong. I have been known to misread, mis understand a pattern. The pattern is called pick perfection. I have now tried to make the pattern 5 times without it look right. i will try again tonight. My crochet buddies are very good at making a pattern work the way it is supposed to.

Well, I have the afghan and the octopi done..working on the bag and just started a bolero I have the yarn for.... I had so much fun making three different octopus to send the kiddo in WA.

post-497-135897669045_thumb.jpg

I finally finally finished the baby blanket for my cousin Julia's new baby :cheer:clapand I present to you the baby blanket

post-23521-135897669762_thumb.jpg

Octopus is cute! I heard gazillions of them live under the Tacoma Narrow bridge near Gig Harbor.

Yea baby blanket!! It looks snuggly. How big do you tend to make yours?

I finished the comfortghan, the lady just had her first grandchild and then found out a few days later the infection and pus pockets they were dealing with was actually cancer. Poor girl is not even 40.

I am currently working on panel 4 of 5 for the flannelghan...I don't know why but my strips are HUGE!

Octopus is cute! I heard gazillions of them live under the Tacoma Narrow bridge near Gig Harbor.

Yea baby blanket!! It looks snuggly. How big do you tend to make yours?

I finished the comfortghan, the lady just had her first grandchild and then found out a few days later the infection and pus pockets they were dealing with was actually cancer. Poor girl is not even 40.

I am currently working on panel 4 of 5 for the flannelghan...I don't know why but my strips are HUGE!

The baby blanket measure 27 1/2 inches X 31 inches

Woo! Excellent work, everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around too much. Realized today is the 29 and figured I should update. I planned on having 40 squares done this month, but it just didn't happen. I'm up to about 30 so far and I don't think I will get 10 by the 1st of the month. That's ok though. I'm not gonna give up and I have some recruits to help tuck in tails. I hope it all works out.

It's great to witness all of the amazing things people on this CAL have accomplished in just one month. Congrats to fc1123 on the baby blanket. It looks nice. I really hope there will be a July edition of this CAL. I would definitely join. Thanks to all for the encouragement and for reading my rambles. See you in July!

Well, I've finished one 12" square, and I may manage to finish another one tomorrow, so at best I'll have managed to not fall farther behind on the SOTM CAL. No progress on the bathroom rug.

Crafty Witch,

Good job for sticking in there til the end!

Ratdog,

Don't beat yourself up. It's healthy to stop crocheting once in awhile. I have to ask, though. Are you scheming anything for July? Got an projects in mind? Patterns? :devil Do share! Also, when will the new thread for July be posted?

Archived