In June I Will .....

ratdog

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really need to start on basketweave blanket for my first Grandchild. She is due in Novemeber.

Comgrats on your new grandbaby, sja! Good lucl on the blanket. That's going to be a very special present. :)

My husband had some stops to make in VA yesterday up in the mountains so I tagged along and crocheted my heart out ! Looked at the scenery and hooked away on the summer ghan I am doing... I love the colors... I hesitated doing it in Red Heart but now I am glad I did. frosty Green, Lemon, coral, and Aran.... very summery colors!

My husband had some stops to make in VA yesterday up in the mountains so I tagged along and crocheted my heart out ! Looked at the scenery and hooked away on the summer ghan I am doing... I love the colors... I hesitated doing it in Red Heart but now I am glad I did. frosty Green, Lemon, coral, and Aran.... very summery colors!

Love the colors you chose. Please post a pic when it is done.

well I am almost done with the baby blanket I made for my cousin's baby I am just edging then I give it to her. Does anyone have any ideas on a graduation gift for a boy besides an afghan because here in Michigan it has been in the 90's since yesterday tomorrow is cooler weather and I am not about to make anymore blankets after the baby blanket and my oldest daughter's blanket for a while

well I am almost done with the baby blanket I made for my cousin's baby I am just edging then I give it to her. Does anyone have any ideas on a graduation gift for a boy besides an afghan because here in Michigan it has been in the 90's since yesterday tomorrow is cooler weather and I am not about to make anymore blankets after the baby blanket and my oldest daughter's blanket for a while

Good for you on the baby afghan and congratulations to the graduate! Lion Brand has a free pattern on the website for a cute bear with a little grad hat and diploma if that helps. Its a simple amigurumi pattern. I hope that helps!

I forgot to mention my progress. So far I have 12 done out of the 80 or so squares I need for that lapghan. I was hoping to do five squares a day, but I was so frazzled last night I botched 3 in a row and decided to call it quits for the night. I may be able to work hard at it from work if the situation is good.

It is so awesome to read about all of this summer energy buzzing through new projects! I can't wait to see some of the results. Keep updating!

I still have not picked up a hook this month.

This has been a crazy week and now my printer has gone on the fritz when I really need it!

Kids are now out of school for the summer, band camp coming up as well as scout camp then driver's ed for the oldest.

No wonder I haven't had time for yarn this month!

I still have not picked up a hook this month.

This has been a crazy week and now my printer has gone on the fritz when I really need it!

Kids are now out of school for the summer, band camp coming up as well as scout camp then driver's ed for the oldest.

No wonder I haven't had time for yarn this month!

Wow, your hands are really full already this summer. Sure hope it slows down soon so you can get in some yarn therapy :hook

glad to see someone get something dong! I've been busy working...at work and at home! Somehow the crazy train pulled into my work and has not left yet this week. :loco I am on-call this weekend so I'm hoping things are quiet and I can just sit home and crochet! I'm almost done with KK"s afghan, I am waiting on a few more squares but all are bordered and I hope to put a few strips together tonight.

It has gotten so very hot here that I can't bring myself to sit under my big afghan so I am working on the small heptagons and hats for the hospital. It is supposed to cool down this next week.

I swear I posted earlier and talked about everyone's projects. But I don't see it now. Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow evening. I just wanted to update my progress. I'm now up to 17 squares for this month. If I keep this pace up I might make it! Woo!

Good night everyone. Take care

well had to frog the blanket and start it again because when I was edging it there was a hole so did it again

In June I will:

1. finish up projects for kitchen swap and get it in the mail

2. finish baby dress (just needs me to sew on buttons and weave in ends)

3. finish newborn baby gown (also just needs buttons and ends done)

4. finish granny-go-round tote for my sister

5. probably add to this list!!! :lol

My kitchen swap package went in the mail earlier this week and my swap partner now has it. I am absolutely kicking myself for not taking pictures before sending it, but my phone is screwed up and won't let me use the camera and it didn't occur to me to use my husband's until after I sent it. :sigh

Anyway, at least I get to scratch that off of my list. :D

well had to frog the blanket and start it again because when I was edging it there was a hole so did it again

Aw man! I'm sorry. Sounds like it won't take much longer though right? Are you gonna show it off when you're done? :D

I haven't started anything. I changed my mind about the baby blanket. I may do some basket weave dishcloths just to try the stitch. I did buy a pattern for a baby blanket but the stitches are kind of hard, Also, i didn't realize it was one where you make a bunch of square and sew them together.Sigh!

In June I will:

1. finish up projects for kitchen swap and get it in the mail completed 6-7-11

2. finish baby dress (just needs me to sew on buttons and weave in ends)

3. finish newborn baby gown (also just needs buttons and ends done)

4. finish granny-go-round tote for my sister completed 6-11-11

5. probably add to this list!!! :lol

Finished my sister's GGR tote today. :D

post-22056-135897666369_thumb.jpg

Aw man! I'm sorry. Sounds like it won't take much longer though right? Are you gonna show it off when you're done? :D

yes I will since I figured out how to transfer pictures from my phone to the card I have in it complicated story but I have it figured out lol :lol

Nice bag (above). I have yet to make a tote so I'm impressed.

Anyway, I'm up to 22 squares. I guess I don't need to post every time I make progress, but I'm kinda proud of it I guess. I may get to make it bigger than 80 squares. That would be awesome!

It's cool to see some of these projects coming along so well. Sad to hear about the set backs, though. However, I know that things will work out quite well for everyone on this CAL. I can feel it. Thanks for reading my little rant!

Nice bag (above). I have yet to make a tote so I'm impressed.

Anyway, I'm up to 22 squares. I guess I don't need to post every time I make progress, but I'm kinda proud of it I guess. I may get to make it bigger than 80 squares. That would be awesome!

It's cool to see some of these projects coming along so well. Sad to hear about the set backs, though. However, I know that things will work out quite well for everyone on this CAL. I can feel it. Thanks for reading my little rant!

Thank you. :D

I think it's wonderful that you are posting your progress! You SHOULD be proud!!! :hug

Alright, we are on another short stay lots of driving trip... so the sofa ghan is almost done... I finished one octopus and decided I needed to do another and finished hte first 20 rows of that one but all the finishing stuff is at home. I di however order the yarn for the grads bag and goodness some yarn for a bolero for me showed up in my cart...I never understand how that happens! :)

Christie,

Thanks for that encouragement.

Lea,

Good for you on all your crochet endeavors. I think they're great. Clothing is a scary idea for me so the bolero sounds impressive. Hope you show us when you're done.

I actually have more than 22 squares done at this point but I'm not sure on the number so I'm not changing the sig yet. Maybe tonight. I'm thinking now that I have a good number done I may switch to weaving tails for a bit so I don't get bogged down with the worst part (tails) at the end. I wish there was a fast, easy way to do it as you go along that is also secure lol. I can't wait to do my favorite part which is the continuous join at the end! I know.... I'm crazy right? Anyway, tails are the worst cause there are 4 rounds and each is a different color so that's 8 tails for each one.... At 81 squares that's 648 tails total. Plus two for the continuous join at least. Whew!

Good luck everyone! I'll keep readin when I can.

Archived