crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Thanks for all the nice comments and offers to test. I have enough testers right now but there are 2 more bags that will be needing testing soon...I hope. :lol

:turtle:vheart

OO I'd like in on one, just knew I didn't have time this week/end to be able to do it justice

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OO I'd like in on one, just knew I didn't have time this week/end to be able to do it justice

I have another market bag and one using the idea behind Jacob's Ladder. Which one would you like to try?

Hi All! Better late than never right! Struggled thru yesterday morning, then we had a wake to go to in the afternoon. The mother of one of my dearest friends past away Saturday night. I had hoped to make the funeral this morning, but my body wouldn't allow that. Enough said. Just been laying low all day. I just about finished the baby dress last night. That's a good thing! I got the shower invite for the twins yesterday and it's March 17th! :eek I need to get my butt in gear! :lol What's your opinion ladies? Would you make everything identical with maybe a different accent (flower, button, etc) or go with different colors? The blankets are going to have to be the same because that's what I have, lol! (antique white)

Girls, you are sure sharing the :manyheart today!

I just finished the most complicated sewn purse I've ever made and I'm so proud! I posted three pix over in show and tell, other crafts if you want to see it all, but here I'll just post the main pic. Messenger bag with zipper pocket in flap, front pocket, inside zippered pocket.......Hope you like it!

Mama K

Just saw in in show n tell. It's is fabulous!!!! I have a cousin that loves giraffes. She would go crazy over this bag!!!

Newest bag pattern is done! I need testers!!! :)

[ATTACH]51502[/ATTACH]

I see that you already have enough testers. I'm always available when you need one!

Just got done watching NCIS, was a good one! Won't tell what happened in case some has recorded it to watch later.

I've been working on the shawler. It's working up really nice, about 1/2 done on the first section. I'll keep you posted on how it's going.

Hope you all have a great evening!

I just got to watch NCIS today. Loved it! It's one of my favorite shows! Looking forward to seeing the Shawler when you're done!!!

i am not getting sick, i am not getting sick.....seriously I can not be getting sick :(

No, you are not getting sick! :hug

I haven't taken any pictures of my progress... I do have a picture of what the finished product will look like (probably without the fringe, though, I'm not a fringe fan!! :lol)

[ATTACH]51537[/ATTACH]

The picture shows it in maroon and white; mine will be burgundy and cream. :D I'm also using two strands and a "P" hook... it's for my hubby...

Wow, nice afghan!

Ooooooo nice!

I'm pregnant.

jking

I am always up for testing for you!

I feel like I have a new cold! Not even over the other one! Please, think good thoughts that it is allergies!

Love from Mama K

Mama, I almost sprayed gingerale all over my computer!!! :lol No wonder you don't feel good! :lol Allergies,ok! :D:hug

Ann, glad I could make you laugh! Hope it made you feel a titch better! I just couldn't resist!

And thanks for the kudos for the bag. I keep petting it and looking at it! Already planning on the next bag....I'm addicted!

Hope everyone is having a good day! I'm off to pick the yarn I will use to test Sue's new market tote! Woot!

Mama K

Ann, glad I could make you laugh! Hope it made you feel a titch better! I just couldn't resist!

And thanks for the kudos for the bag. I keep petting it and looking at it! Already planning on the next bag....I'm addicted!

Hope everyone is having a good day! I'm off to pick the yarn I will use to test Sue's new market tote! Woot!

Mama K

you definitely made me feel better :hug Can't wait to see what you come up with for your next bag! This one was so great! I'd be looking at it and petting it too! :lol You do fabulous work! Have fun working on Sue's new tote! Can't wait to see that one too! Woot!

Joanne - glad you're home safe and sound!

Tonya and Mama K - Get some more rest and drink a lot of fluids. Hope you get to feeling better quick!

Ann - As for the items for the twins, I think I'd put a different color accent/flower on it. That would make it unique for each child. Hope you're feeling better.

I've been busy working on Sue's new tote, HAD to go buy some yarn as I didn't have enough of one color to do it. I really like it. Hopefully I'll have it finished by Friday and a picture to post.

Have a great evening!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm home safe and sound from the conference!

Woot! So... did you learn lots at the conference?? :P

Morning Everyone!!!!

Mama K and Tanya, hope you're are feeling better today! Mama, how is Baby K doing?

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm home safe and sound from the conference!

Glad you're home safe and sound!

Ann - As for the items for the twins, I think I'd put a different color accent/flower on it. That would make it unique for each child. Hope you're feeling better.

I've been busy working on Sue's new tote, HAD to go buy some yarn as I didn't have enough of one color to do it. I really like it. Hopefully I'll have it finished by Friday and a picture to post.

Have a great evening!

Thanks for the advise. That's what I've been leaning to. Aww, it's a shame that you had to go buy some new yarn for Sue's tote! :devil Looking forward to the pic when you're done! :yay

Joanne, glad your home safe, but really not sure about the sound part. :D

Mama and Tonya, both of you feel better...that's an order!!! :tryme

Sherry, I'm sorry I FORCED you to go buy yarn. :rofl

Good morning ladies!

Ann / Sue - okay I will try to get over this......praying this is allergies and not a new cold! Baby K is actually doing very well! Her young bits were able to fight it better than my old bits!

I started on Sue's new tote last nite that I'm testing. Another winner.....and another stash buster! As always, Sue's instructions are easy to understand! Can't wait to see the other two patterns!

Well, better get 'round and ready for work. It is my Friday! We get tomorrow off as a holiday but Baby K has school! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I get several hours of quiet tomorrow! Of course, I'll be cleaning and such, but in a quiet house!

Love to all!

Mama K

good morning everyone,

i think my sinuses are acting up with the crazy weather we have been having lately. the weather is so up and down its crazy. and my body doesnt like it, actually my autoimmune syndrome doesnt like it so it makes me miserable.

I rested all day yesterday and plan on doing the same until work tonight.

Ann- I would do same color for main part, different color details

Joanne- glad your back safe and sound. was this a work conference or one of those big conferences?

Krafty- YAY for new yarn.

I wish I had the time to test one of the totes :(. I have decided to take the summer off school, I am worn out and need a break. plus my schedule in the fall will be wicked heavy so I need to just hang with my boys for a while

My brain is on overload:lol:lol Still trying to absorb it all and will try and make sense of the copious amount of notes I took!!!:lol

:lol Maybe your subconscious will help it all unravel into your conscious mind, and all of the sudden you'll have an epiphany!! Wouldn't that be great? :hug

Mama and Tonya - get well soon!! :manyheart

Ann, I agree with the others; I'd trim or flower or button in different colors, and leave the main part matching. Isn't that half the fun of twins? I mean, I have no practical experience (and don't want any, thank you!) ~ that's just what I see... :D

Sue, thanks for letting me test your pattern!! I'll be getting photos and uploading them here shortly... :hug

Sherry, I hope your day goes well today!!! :hug

Mama - Woot for a 3 day weekend!! :hug

Everyone else - Have a super day!! :ghug

My brain is on overload:lol:lol Still trying to absorb it all and will try and make sense of the copious amount of notes I took!!!:lol

Ahh, the fun part of a conference/mtg! Decifering your notes! :lol

Good morning ladies!

Ann / Sue - okay I will try to get over this......praying this is allergies and not a new cold! Baby K is actually doing very well! Her young bits were able to fight it better than my old bits!

I started on Sue's new tote last nite that I'm testing. Another winner.....and another stash buster! As always, Sue's instructions are easy to understand! Can't wait to see the other two patterns!

Well, better get 'round and ready for work. It is my Friday! We get tomorrow off as a holiday but Baby K has school! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I get several hours of quiet tomorrow! Of course, I'll be cleaning and such, but in a quiet house!

Love to all!

Mama K

Enjoy your "Friday"!

good morning everyone,

i think my sinuses are acting up with the crazy weather we have been having lately. the weather is so up and down its crazy. and my body doesnt like it, actually my autoimmune syndrome doesnt like it so it makes me miserable.

I rested all day yesterday and plan on doing the same until work tonight.

Ann- I would do same color for main part, different color details

Joanne- glad your back safe and sound. was this a work conference or one of those big conferences?

Krafty- YAY for new yarn.

I wish I had the time to test one of the totes :(. I have decided to take the summer off school, I am worn out and need a break. plus my schedule in the fall will be wicked heavy so I need to just hang with my boys for a while

It will be nice to spend time with your boys this summer. I'm sure they will appreciate it too!

:lol Maybe your subconscious will help it all unravel into your conscious mind, and all of the sudden you'll have an epiphany!! Wouldn't that be great? :hug

Mama and Tonya - get well soon!! :manyheart

Ann, I agree with the others; I'd trim or flower or button in different colors, and leave the main part matching. Isn't that half the fun of twins? I mean, I have no practical experience (and don't want any, thank you!) ~ that's just what I see... :D

Sue, thanks for letting me test your pattern!! I'll be getting photos and uploading them here shortly... :hug

Sherry, I hope your day goes well today!!! :hug

Mama - Woot for a 3 day weekend!! :hug

Everyone else - Have a super day!! :ghug

I've definitely decided to go with the same color and a different color accent/trim/button, whatever, lol! Twins are so much fun!

Thanks to Sue's amazing pattern that I was given the honor and privilege of testing, I was able to turn this...

post-25611-135897735369_thumb.jpg

... into this!!

post-25611-135897735376_thumb.jpg

Here it is empty...

post-25611-135897735379_thumb.jpg

Do you know those plastic zip up bags that sets of sheets or mattress covers or things of that nature come in? Well, I keep those, and use them to store completed 12" squares that are waiting to be made into afghans... I have one of these plastic bags that currently houses 30 12" squares in shades of black/white/gray, and that bag of 30 squares fits quite comfortably in Sue's tote... see??

post-25611-135897735382_thumb.jpg

... and here it is full...

post-25611-135897735385_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for letting me be a tester, Sue!! :hug

Thanks to Sue's amazing pattern that I was given the honor and privilege of testing,

Awesome!

I'm testing it too but can only work on it in the evening....hope to have it done and ready to post pix tomorrow nite or Sat am.

Great job! and great pattern....once again!

Mama K

Awesome!

I'm testing it too but can only work on it in the evening....hope to have it done and ready to post pix tomorrow nite or Sat am.

Great job! and great pattern....once again!

Mama K

Believe me, I know how that goes! I got a good start on it yesterday while the kids were at school; then it sat here, sad, wondering why I'd abandoned it, while I dealt with the Mom duties... LOL

Thank you!! :hug And yes, super pattern! :clap

Beautiful colors Melanie (crabbyrat). I love that tote.

Thank you! :hug

Our school colors are red and gold, and I had those colors in my stash, and what do ya know? A great pattern turns stash yarn into viola! :lol

Thanks to Sue's amazing pattern that I was given the honor and privilege of testing, I was able to turn this...

[ATTACH]51673[/ATTACH]

... into this!!

[ATTACH]51674[/ATTACH]

Here it is empty...

[ATTACH]51675[/ATTACH]

Do you know those plastic zip up bags that sets of sheets or mattress covers or things of that nature come in? Well, I keep those, and use them to store completed 12" squares that are waiting to be made into afghans... I have one of these plastic bags that currently houses 30 12" squares in shades of black/white/gray, and that bag of 30 squares fits quite comfortably in Sue's tote... see??

[ATTACH]51676[/ATTACH]

... and here it is full...

[ATTACH]51677[/ATTACH]

Thanks again for letting me be a tester, Sue!! :hug

Wow!!! Fantastic bag!!!! Love your colors!

Ann - I think a different color accent/flower would be a great idea....maybe even just a different color border :think

Melani - Great job with Sue's pattern :manyheart

I think I might try both to see which I like best and go from there! Thanks for answering! :hug

Archived