crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hi all,

Long day in Paradise yet again!

Sherry- I would probably do two strands if the pattern calls for a bulky yarn--or if you have a Michael's, have you tried their own brand of Charisma yarn? i love how it works up.

Kuddles, Ann, Sue, and the rest of the crew---have a good night. Can't believe it's almost 9 already! I need more hours in the day!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here is what is left of the last couple of snow storms here.

Very nice pictures, Mary!!! Our snow is all gone:) We were in the 50's yesterday and sunny. It's been a strange winter so far, but no complaints here!!!

Hope you all have a good Hump Day!!!

Good Morning all!

Wow Mary! That's a lot of snow!! Beautiful pictures.

Joanne - Sorry you had such a long day, hope today goes better. Thanks for the advice on the yarn.

Mama K - Hope the voice is better today. Just try not to talk much until it gets better.

Have a great Wednesday!!

Good morning!

Sherry - hugs to you honey! and regarding the yarn, as Joanne said, Homespun is considered bulky to I would also try two strands if you have none but really check the gauge or you'll be sorry! I bought that pattern years ago and have yet to make it! Let us know how it goes!

Ann - how you doing today honey?

Joanne - thanks and I am not better today. I sure wish I could call in sick! At least I have a desk job so plan on sitting and typing in reports all day, and if my eyes close now and then, oh well!

Mary - yikes! Rain came after our snow so most is gone, except the big piles.......stay safe!

Well, trying to get the whole pot of coffee in me so I can function. Baby K is being sweet and caring, thank goodness I have a good kid!

Mama K

Have a question--I bought a pattern online (The Shawler) and got ready to make it, and it calls for Homespun yarn. I don't do Homespun. I had bought some WW that I had planned on making but didn't know until after I bought the pattern that it needed to be Homespun. Question is - do I need to do double strands since homespun is a bulky yarn? Thanks for your help.

I love the end product with homespun--feels great--but I sure hate working with it. I bought some on sale a couple of years ago and still haven't used all of it.

Mary, one word for you...YUCK! Does anyone want me to take a picture of what it looks like outside here? :lol

:turtle:vheart

NO,NO,NO,NO! and NO!!!! :devil

You can if you really want to. :manyheart

I'll be sure to post a really good pic so you can see the zipper honey!

Mama K

Thank you Mama! :D

Hi all!

We're getting RAIN (or at least I think that's what that wet stuff is outside--at least it's not frozen!)!!! Supposed to rain until sometime tomorrow.

Today was another tough day. DH told me about another church that is hiring, so he's going to get the info for me. Tomorrow is payday, so I'll be busy getting all that done.

Have a question--I bought a pattern online (The Shawler) and got ready to make it, and it calls for Homespun yarn. I don't do Homespun. I had bought some WW that I had planned on making but didn't know until after I bought the pattern that it needed to be Homespun. Question is - do I need to do double strands since homespun is a bulky yarn? Thanks for your help.

Have a great evening all!

I've been wanting that pattern, so I'm glad that you mention that it needs Homespun. I don't mind working with it though. I agree with the others, you might try 2 strands of ww, but watch your gauge.

here is what is left of the last couple of snow storms here.

Nice pics! All our snow is gone! It's been in the 50's for the past 2 days! Crazy weather!

Hi all,

Long day in Paradise yet again!

Kuddles, Ann, Sue, and the rest of the crew---have a good night. Can't believe it's almost 9 already! I need more hours in the day!

Hope you get some rest time in! :hug

Good morning!

Sherry - hugs to you honey! and regarding the yarn, as Joanne said, Homespun is considered bulky to I would also try two strands if you have none but really check the gauge or you'll be sorry! I bought that pattern years ago and have yet to make it! Let us know how it goes!

Ann - how you doing today honey?

Joanne - thanks and I am not better today. I sure wish I could call in sick! At least I have a desk job so plan on sitting and typing in reports all day, and if my eyes close now and then, oh well!

Mary - yikes! Rain came after our snow so most is gone, except the big piles.......stay safe!

Well, trying to get the whole pot of coffee in me so I can function. Baby K is being sweet and caring, thank goodness I have a good kid!

Mama K

Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling better. Everyone seems to be getting sick and it's lasting for a couple of weeks! Bleh! I'm doing some better today. Getting lots of sleep (yeah, me!) and taking my pain meds. I stopped the new one he put me on. I think that was causing some of the problem. Hope your day went well! :hug

Mary, one word for you...YUCK! Does anyone want me to take a picture of what it looks like outside here? :lol

:no

Too bad...sun has set, windows are open, fan on and me in my shorts and tank top. Ahhh! Gotta love FL in January. :)

You had to do it didn't you! :lol

Sue - Be nice! :yes You know we're all jealous!

Mama K - hope your day went well and that you got some rest.

Ann - hope you're doing better today.

Tonya - I hope the weather is great for you when you get to visit FL and our Sweet Sue! I hope someday I can visit FL.

Thanks for your advice on the yarn. I'll have to find something that will work with what I'd already bought. It's gray (or is it grey??--never can remember) and it's Red Heart Soft. Will keep you posted on what I do and how the pattern goes.

Really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Probably will be another bad day. I want to stay at home and crochet and play with the GS. But I will go and do what I need to get done. The year end reports are done - YEA!!

Have a great evening!!

Sue- Thanks for the 'visual' picture of your sunny warm day with the windows open and your shorts and tank top on!!! I know you just couldn't resist!! Although,I can't complain on our weather here today in the mid 50's with sun!

Sherry- Good luck using the two strands- hope it all works out for you with The Shawler!

Kuddles- Hope you start to feel better AND that Baby K is being such a trooper!

Ann- Sometimes new meds make us feel worse than before.

tonya- Positive thoughts that you have awesome weather when you get to FL in 25 days!!!

I had a rough day in Paradise- which seems to be the norm anymore. I am kind of overwhelmed with the responsibility of this project- and the resources that I was promised to help me are not much of a help- and no ones fault- they all have their own full time jobs that they are responsible for and I am the only one dedicated to the project. It's hard to get people to help out when they don't have time to help out. Enough of that.

I ended my day by going to see my grandson- and had a wonderful time visiting with him- I fed him, played with him, helped bathe him and read him his bedtime story. Just what I needed to re-energize and focus on what is important in life!!!

Sue- Thanks for the 'visual' picture of your sunny warm day with the windows open and your shorts and tank top on!!! I know you just couldn't resist!! Although,I can't complain on our weather here today in the mid 50's with sun!

Sherry- Good luck using the two strands- hope it all works out for you with The Shawler!

Kuddles- Hope you start to feel better AND that Baby K is being such a trooper!

Ann- Sometimes new meds make us feel worse than before.

tonya- Positive thoughts that you have awesome weather when you get to FL in 25 days!!!

I had a rough day in Paradise- which seems to be the norm anymore. I am kind of overwhelmed with the responsibility of this project- and the resources that I was promised to help me are not much of a help- and no ones fault- they all have their own full time jobs that they are responsible for and I am the only one dedicated to the project. It's hard to get people to help out when they don't have time to help out. Enough of that.

I ended my day by going to see my grandson- and had a wonderful time visiting with him- I fed him, played with him, helped bathe him and read him his bedtime story. Just what I needed to re-energize and focus on what is important in life!!!

:hug:hug:ghug:hug:hug

Good Morning! :D

I didn't post a picture, I just created one in your mind. :lol

Yup, that you did! :lol

Thanks for your advice on the yarn. I'll have to find something that will work with what I'd already bought. It's gray (or is it grey??--never can remember) and it's Red Heart Soft. Will keep you posted on what I do and how the pattern goes.

Really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Probably will be another bad day. I want to stay at home and crochet and play with the GS. But I will go and do what I need to get done. The year end reports are done - YEA!!

Have a great evening!!

Will be looking forward to seeing how your Shawler comes out! Hope your day goes much smoother than you anticipate! :hug

Glad you got you end your day on a pleasant note! :hug:hug:hug

Quick pop in to wish you all a wonderful day!!! hugs to you all!:ghug

Hope you have a good day too!

Before you all get too jealous we have a cold front coming and temps will drop...into the 70's. :D

Ok,not too jealous, we have a winter advisory out for the next 24 hrs! Sleet, freezing rain, snow, etc... :lol

Just started and almost finished with the Checkered Granny Go Round Tote. Love this pattern and it is helping me with my stashbusting.

Next will be a Stashbusting tote.

WooHoo...I might actually use up some yarn this month! :yay

BTW...It's 30 degrees here and snow is in the forecast for the weekend. :(

Cheryl

Before you all get too jealous we have a cold front coming and temps will drop...into the 70's. :D

Joanne, I hope things start getting better on that project! :hug

Beautiful sunshine here today! It might get into the 40's even:rofl

33° and foggy here right now... forecast high for today is 36° with a chance of rain, low tonight is forecast at 28° with a chance of rain, and tomorrow it's supposed to clear up and be sunny, with a high of 40°!!! Shorts weather!! :rofl

Archived