Crocheting with Wire and Crystals

Crochet_Hooked

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are gorgeous! I just love swarovski crystals. When I can afford to get them I try to use them. I would love to try my hand at crocheting with wire. I think I would practice with craft wire and cheap beads first. Yours are amazing.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

Wow... time sure does fly. It has been a while since I checked this thread... Gezzz April! Shame on me! Well... I'm here now, right! :yay

A Big Thank You! To everyone! :hug I do appreciate all the kind and encouraging comments, you have left over the past few months. :hug

So, I would like to ask a question... Has anyone tried to crochet with wire? If so, how did it go? Do you have any pictures of your creations? Please share with us... I would love to hear from you!

Thanks again... look forward to hearing about your wire crochet adventures :yay

Sure wish I could say yes to your question. This year there hasn't been much time for me to even crochet with yarn. But next year is around the corner and I have high hopes. Lately, I've been looking at the beaded crochet projects on Rav and getting inspired. Will keep you posted. :)

Sure wish I could say yes to your question. This year there hasn't been much time for me to even crochet with yarn. But next year is around the corner and I have high hopes. Lately, I've been looking at the beaded crochet projects on Rav and getting inspired. Will keep you posted. :)

Hi Jana,

The right time will be the best time for you! ;o) Its great to know that when you have time, you will share your creations... I'll be here, patiently waiting :hug Have a super night!

:cheer Thank you KeepsakeKrochet and CrazyHomemaker :cheer

I appreciate you both for stopping by and commenting! Please let me know if you need help, if and when you decide to try crocheting with wire and beads, I'm here to help. :yay

Wow, that's nifty! What size hook do you use? Are there special metal hooks made for wire?

Hi Jimbo... I use a Boye 0 steel hook (it was used by my husbands grandmother) it's gotten a lot of use over the years... lol

No special hooks and no magic, ;o) just me and the beaded wire! :yes

Hi Everyone,

I woud like to thank everyone for commenting, it certainly encourages my creative side.... sooooooo

:cheer Update! :cheer

Last month I made this wire crochet bracelet using Swarovski Pearls. :eek I used 89 (go figure... lol) 4 mm Swarovski Cream Pearls to make this bracelet... :yay Classy... Don't you think? :frog

post-2385-135897715695_thumb.jpg

post-2385-135897715699_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. So this isn't wire and crystals, but it is my first attempt at a beaded necklace. I used Fireline braided bead thread and beads. This was super, super easy! The pattern can be found here. And without further ado....

post-5504-135897719273_thumb.jpg

post-5504-135897719277_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Everyone,

I woud like to thank everyone for commenting, it certainly encourages my creative side.... sooooooo

:cheer Update! :cheer

Last month I made this wire crochet bracelet using Swarovski Pearls. :eek I used 89 (go figure... lol) 4 mm Swarovski Cream Pearls to make this bracelet... :yay Classy... Don't you think? :frog

Beautiful, that would make a nice gift for a bride to be.

Archived