Blankets for SPCA

codymikki

hey, nice donation. I made three while reccoping from my rib injury, (3 weeks down, 3 to go, lol) and will work on a few more before delivering them to my somewhat local-ish no kill animal shelter! The gal there, is always happy to get mine, and she says, she takes mine home to wash, instead of putting them in with all the others there to launder, as she does not want to take the chance of them not coming back, lol. I think I used a k hook, two strands They measure out at about 17 or 18 inches sqaure. These are just waiting for a couple companion blankees and then will deliver!You can find them on my photopages.

Stashbusting and warm blankets for the SPCA. My first pic posted :cheer

[ATTACH]36107[/ATTACH]

nice! I like those! mine are for the cat room, as they call it, lol. I remember trying to figure out how to post pics too, I did what I was supposed to do, hit browse, picked out my pic, and once the address was in the right space, i just waited, and watied, like forever, before discovering, I gotta hit upload!! DUH KAITE~~ lol so cudos on figuring that out so quickly!

• 4 months later...
ALL of these are great!! I made blankies for my sweet doxy,now gone, her nails always got caught in them... Is there a trick to making them so that doesn't happen? Thanks! GBU!:):)

Thats a great question. Please let me know if you find out. And my deepest condolences about your sweet doxy.

• 3 months later...

Those are beautiful!! Are you all a part of (or aware of) the Snuggles Project? You can report your snuggle donations on their site and communicate with other "Snuggles" members :cheer (my user is jillkap on there as well!!) You can find the site here: http://www.snugglesproject.org They also have a facebook fan page :)

• 2 weeks later...

What a great idea. I am new to crocheting but I have thought I would like to find a couple of good charities to donate to. My Husband and I love animals, we have a dog and too many cats lol. I bet our local SPCA and county dog shelter would love to receive donations like this. I think I will check into it.

jillkap, I did join today. So many hoops to jump through!! I was hoping to find a list of local contributers, but haven't been able to. Not what I expected. Much too much ado about a little.......

• 1 month later...

Archived