More Super Easy Stitch Markers

aliciasjoy

Well, I got my ring size memory wire the other day and sat down to make some stitch markers and....I hate them! I hate the memory wire and I hate the stitch marker that it makes! Oh, they're cute enough, I just don't like using them. I felt sad.

I really just like to use safety pins, but I'm in the stitch marker swap and I want to give some cool stitch markers. So, I decide to make some safety pin type stitch markers. I used 20 ga. sterling as with the scroll ended ones in the Easiest Stitch Marker Ever post, because I have a lot of it and I like it. It does not stink up the hands like some other metals (memory wire, I'm looking at you.) and is flexible, yet firm.

This is the same way I make pin backs and is super easy.

stitchpinclosed.jpg closed

stitchpinopen.jpgopen

Then I just popped on a turquoise and garnet and was happy.

I hope you like and if you can't figure it out from the pics, and would like to make them, please just let me know and I'll post some directions.

That is beautiful-you made the pin part also? I don't like memory wire too much, not flexible and a ***** to use. I try to use silverplated lever back earrings, silverplated fishhook ear wires and silverplate headpins when I make mine. Yours are unique and beautiful!

Thank you!

I did make the pin part myself, it is so easy, just a coil and two bends. I learned how to do it so long ago I don't remember if I was taught it or it was a necessity thing.

Although, it would be cute to just put some beads on the end part of a regular safety pin, too. I just have to have everything be silver. I have a weird metal ocd, maybe.

• 1 month later...

Hehe.....I love mine that you sent me for the swap...so pretty. I'm about to take a pic of them and post them on my blog. I really like the idea and that they look like the safety pins and work like them, but they are prettier:D

Archived