What do you think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110646674242

I gotta say, I'm floored by this!!!

I am selling these hats to raise money for healing. All proceeds support the efforts of my healing process. Supporting the all natural way of healing, inspired by Dr. Gerson.

I know that Dr. Gerson was a oncologist that treated Albert Schwietzer, but what does that have to do with selling overpriced crocheted hats?

Well, Ladies, after looking at the hats for $1,000 I think there are several of us about to make a small fortune. If those simple hats sell for $1,000 I think I can definitely ask for $2,500 for mine:rofl This has got to be a joke.

She or he haven't sold one for that much on ebay yet. I'm pretty sure she or he is a new seller. I HIGHLY DOUBT they will sell one. You can get one that is much higher quality on Etsy.

that's an amazing price for any kind of hat:eek

maybe they are desperate for money and thought they'd give it a shot. it does say "All proceeds support the efforts of my healing process" so maybe they are sick...? it seems like it'd be easier to make a lot of hats and sell them for a more normal price, but maybe time is short.

Maybe the seller has read too many of those positive thinking books about how if you think hard enough you can make the universe give you what you want.....I want to get $900 and all I have is this hat....I want $900....I want $900 POOF!

I think they are just asking for a handout and using the hat as a ruse. The item will probably be removed if anyone complains. If they really are fighting cancer, I have a lot of sympathy for them, but don't think that is the way to go about asking for help. I guess they figure, what could it hurt? Maybe some rich person will read it and decide to help them out. I wouldn't report them, on the off chance they really are fighting the battle.

When you click on ask the seller a question you cannot do that. Just wanted to know what they meant by healing? Who's healing?

Gads...I did not realize that I can make a lot of money selling my stuff. HAHAHAHAHAHA :devil

It sounds like:

1 - the person is trying to raise money to pay for cancer treatments

2 - the person is following Dr. Gerson's plan

3 - the person is delusional for believing anybody would pay that price. By receiving something in return, the money can't even be considered a charitable donation. Not to mention that you can't give money to an individual and call it a charitable donation. Definitely a bit delusional.

Okay, everyone, it's not really nice to be talking about another crocheter this way. For all we know, he/she's even a member here.

As a reminder, from our guidelines:

Be nice and no flaming. Please keep the words and tone of your posts respectful and polite. Encourage your fellow members and let them know what you like about projects they share. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Please reserve constructive criticism for when the original poster has asked for it.

I'm going to close this thread now.

Archived