Summer Time's a-comin'- Out fit for 27" Doll

CroJulee

I bought this doll for $5.00 a little over a year ago and have been wanting to crochet an outfit for her for about as long. Well, yesterday I finally got started on that project. Luckily it didn't take long. Finished up last night. I designed her hat, skirt, shirt and bag. Just made it up as I went for almost everything. I had a picture in my mind of how I wanted her shirt to look though. It came out exactly as I'd imagined. The lace up design in the back is really so cute in person. The pictures just don't do it justice.

post-4632-135897619029_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Julee

p.s. I named her outfit "Summer Time's A-comin'" cause it reminds me of something that I would want to wear during the summer time. Something lacey and comfy but professional. Also, the name came from wishing it was summer. It's been snowing like crazy for 2 days.

post-4632-13589761902_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897619022_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897619024_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897619026_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897619032_thumb.jpg

Wow, that doll is lucky. Used to collect dolls, had one just like her, but for the life of me can't remember her name. The hat is neat too, this doll had the type of hair that was like a brillo pad. Good idea to tame it with that matching hat. Wish I could recall her name....:think

My mom used to have a similar doll, she had a wedding dress on. Does your doll have permanently arched feet, with red toe nail polish?

That's the doll that I remember...:clap

My mom used to have a similar doll, she had a wedding dress on. Does your doll have permanently arched feet, with red toe nail polish?

She may have had red toenail polish at one time. She does have permanently arched feet though. Her dress is yellow (very cute) and it has a slip and panties to match. She's really quite a nice old doll. I wish her hair was in better condition though.

I love that. The back of the top is so pretty, I think I'd use it in front..regardless...

Thanks hendrix!!!! I think, out of everything, the back came out the best.

Archived