How Many WIPs Do You Have Going???

:scrachin I have 2 projects going right now. I have a poncho that I'm working on and a name doily. I ran out of the right color yarn for my poncho, so I'm working on something else till I can get to the store to get more of what I need. I'm so addicted its pitiful.

:hook Carol L.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me see. I have completed one scarf for my son. I have an almost finished scarf for my husband and another just started for my sister. Of course I'm trying to start my finger puppets and make a scarf for my mother. Hmmm that would be 8 or so, and I can hardly crochet yet!!

WOW!

Let me think! I have 2 Cape Breton Tarten throws that have to be weaved, a baby sweater that has to be sewed together, a hat, a scarf, and to top it all off, started making snowflakes and angels last night. :eek And I have to work somewhere in between ;) ! Oh well, I love it though

Roseanne

right now I'm working on 2 doilies, 2 shawls, and a purse. The purse is almost done. It would probably take me about 1/2 hour to finish it, but I haven't picked it up in weeks. I always start something and see something else I want to do and then start it. Sometimes I start something just to see how it will look and never finish it. It absolutely drives my husband crazy. I just can't help it though...I guess I get bored easily.

I'm working on a ruana and I WILL FINISH IT; I WILL BY GOLLY GUM, OH YES I WILL. Shut up, voice of past experience. I will too finish it. I'm also working on the windchime scarf seen on the cover of Vogue Knitting's Crocheted Scarves on the Go that I've been working on since last winter. Let's see, I have a snood in progress as well. I've got at least 3 things I want to start but I"m trying to be good until I finish that @#$# ruana. :heehee

Well....it's Christmas time so....4 blankets (one of which my step-grandmother started for my step-sister and she died 2 years ago so I'm finishing it for her) a few Christmas doilies and misc. projects (ornaments, pins, etc...) a baby blanket, and many ideas for more...;)

:hook

Tracy :)

I have 2 doilies in the works now. For years, I have always stuck by the 1 thing in progress at a time until it is finished. I thought that I would try breaking that rule and the second doily that I started, doesn't seem to be getting much attention. I guess it is hard to break old habits.:(

Pam

Technically, one - I had a lot of leftover Bernat Baby Coordinates from various projects and decided to turn it into a great big granny square.

I've also got yarn for a specific project that I haven't done yet - I've got a handspun wool/silk blend that I plan to turn into a Mobius scarf.

(We won't talk about my cross-stitch UFO drawer, nor the list of Things I Plan To Make Someday But Haven't Bought Yarn For Yet. :) )

• 5 weeks later...

I have 2 WIP:hook a bookmark for my mom and a blanket Istarted 6 years ago that i haven't picked up since I picked my hook up last year. I have completed several projects in the past year however I have no desire to finish that throw. I have got all my Christmas project done except for the book mark and I have to start a blanket for charity and get it finished and in the new year I will be making an afgan for my bed and one for each of my children that have to be completed by may and june2006but that is all I have in mind for now.

Well, right now only 2. But then I have a couple that I definately want to get started on, but have made myself hold off until I have completed one to start another one, otherwise I'll just get...well ahead of myself or behind myself, whichever way you want to look at it!

-Kelli

I try to keep my WIPs small, otherwise I keep getting questions from my boyfriend on why I have so many projects started when I can only work on one of them at a time. Right now, I have 3 WIPs. Two afghans and 1 sweater.

I think I have 1 1/2 projects going. One I got frustrated with and set aside and might go back to it and then again I may not, not real enthused about it right at the moment. The other was an afghan I was working on for myself, beautiful pattern but I couldn't keep the count straight, so I threw it in a bag and into the closet. Will be getting that one out and trying again though and begging for help:D

• 2 weeks later...

i am working on two.....and both don't have to be done until the new year...thank God. I am working on a scarf for my cousin for her b-day and a scrap afgan that I will probably give to my uncle for his b-day...

I suppose I have 5....although if I go digging in the yarn/ craft closet I'm sure I can dig out more.... I know I have one afghan in there that has graphed Christms decos that are finished... just needs to be put together that I ahve been working on for 4 years... its not hard....not sure why I am procrastinating so bad with it.... and don't get me started on the 63 squares LOL....

• 3 weeks later...

I usually finish one thing before moving onto the next but now I have:

a scarf for my nephew (the matching hat is done)

a bunch of squares for a preemie afghan that need to be joined

a nursury caddy

I have too many...but it seems to balance out...I have over 100 projects finished over the last year and probably about 10 unfinished...and of those 10, I have to say that maybe a 1/3 were more experimentation than anything else...

I've tried over the years with different projects, not just crocheting, but all creative projects, to not start another project until I finish the last one worked on...but sometimes that's just not realistic for me on a couple of levels...1) I can get bored working on a big project and need a devirsion...and 2) like with any job I've ever had, there would be multiple tasks that had to be done and just the nature of whatever job, it wasn't always conducive to the job to just work on one project at a time...there would be interruptions...the trick is to be disciplined enough to get back to those projects that were interrupted...if any of you work as office clerical works, you know what I'm talking about...phones ring, and so on...

Right now I'm still trying to play catch up with my Christmas presents...finally they are all done...I only have 5 packages left to mail out...but my home looks like a yarn store exploded in it...having a kitten in a cat body doesn't help...

But yeah, about 10 WIP...and 3 at a time are on my to do list to be worked on alternately with any new project I want to do...

Archived