How Many WIPs Do You Have Going???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 5 WIP. All pillowghans for christmas presents, but they're all different colors, and different kinds of squares. I keep the yarn and squares, and rotate them when i get bored with one color or style of square. I'm glad im not the only one that does it. My husband thinks I'm crazy lol.:hook

I don't really like to start one project if I have another one in progress...just because I'll lose interest and end up not doing either. BUT, currently I have one comfortghan that I'm piecing together (crochet) and one knitting project (a shawl from the movie Sweet Home Alabama). I have been working on the shawl since I learned to knit. I'm using small needles so it is taking forever. The comfortghan I am hoping to have finished in the next week. Then it's hats and scarves for the holidays :)

Donna

I have 3 right now. The 63 squares afghan, a white baby afghan for Arden. The one with raised hearts in the stitch and big ruffle around the outside with ribbon. Girlie-girl it is!

The last is a wedding gift for my niece, Brenna. It is a quilt pattern afghan with lots of 2 color blocks and all blocks are 2 rounds of a granny square. I am thinking I have lost my mind on that one! 500 or so squares to sew, and ends, ends, ends!!!!

She is in the Army and stationed in Korea for a year, so I have plenty of time to finish it. It is a real lobor of love.

I get bored working with one color and go back and forth. just finished 2 baby boy afghans last week. Sssigh, I wish i had more time to hook!:hook

Lorry

I try not to count how many WIPs I have because I feel guilty about starting something else. :blush But lets see...I have a pink afghan started for my niece...about 1/8th done. A sweater I made for my niece, all I need to do is sew the sleeves on, I'm having problems with that so I stashed it away. :think Another poncho for my niece...just have to finish sewing it together. A corner to corner afghan, 1/4th done. An afghan for my mom, barely started. So that makes 5 WIPs. I'm sure I have a few others stashed away that I have forgotten about. :devil

:nworthy I couldn't imagine having more than one going on at a time :eek . Maybe because I am such a newbie. I am also afraid if I dont finish the project before going on to something else then I will never finish the first project. :embar Unfortunately I technically have more than one project going. I was unable to put the blocks together to make a scarf. I DO have a plan though. I am calling on Mom... good ole Mom will help.... I hope. Currently I am working on an evil elephant... It's my first non-scarf project ... It is ummm trying my patience.

Elizabeth

I have 6 - 3 are listed on my wips&chains section on my blog - but here's the jist...

• Cathedral Rose CAL - ugh....weaving those ends...yuck!
  • Big Collar Cardigan from ly Interweave Knits - Crochet Edition - LB WE in Seaspray - modified pattern with 2 strands and P hook
  • Hiawatha POncho - in yarn I bought from Elizabeth - have to frog what i've done and start over - too small....changing from I to K hook
  • Open stitch tunic - from LA pattern book - in TLC Plush - color is Robins egg. Using I hook.
  • Girls Nordic Cardigan in 4 colors, wheat, olive, red and taupe.
  • All american afghan - should have been completed in July - but i'm not - shooting for Christmas - using Bernat Softee Chunky with K hook

Well, I was avoiding this thread. Silly Moi huh? lol I have 5 WIP sorta

2 ditty bags

3 lapghans...... one is almost done... but its ending up an afghan

Each one has only 6 squares (maybe 18 inches, using an L hook)

Trying to finish the squares on one so I can try a diff square lol

and ummmmm errrrrrrr, I have 3 afghans UNfinished from 10 years ago. Long boring story but couldnt even get to them till about 3 years ago. Now, they are in storage. Hopefully, start finishing them this winter.

I admit my ignorance: what does the "O" in "FO" stand for??? Is it "object," as in "Finished Object"???

Thanks!

--Lee

Yep...exactly. FO is finished object.

And I do have a wip now...a Beauty in Bloom poncho in black thread with black pearl 8/0 seed/E beads. The motifs are all done and so's the top net...now I have to connect the motifs and do the many rows of bottom net.

I normally have 2-3 wip at a given time. Normally something I am in the process of creating, a longer term project such as an afghan, and the one that I need to sit back and think whether I like it or if we start over.

At the moment I have one bag, one afghan for my mom's Christmas present and 1 piece of Irish crochet that I heve been trying to decide what to do on it to finish it up.

Bag should be done in the next couple of days. Mom's Afghan I dig out about once a week and put some time in on it. The Irish crochet is calling to me and will be my number one project here as soon as the bag is complete. I have a shawl I want to get started on but will wait till I have at least one of the above mentioned projects complete.

I do try not to get too many irons in the fire at a given time. But I do seem to be able to manage 3 at a time.

• 1 month later...

Let's see.

-plum/lime green/white blanket for myself.

-blue/cream blanket for my sister and her new husband.

-scarves for charity.

-black/hot pink handbag.

-hot pink beanie.

I'm convinced the handbag will never be finished. And he beanie will most likely be frogged.

I'm still in that beginning stage, so I just have whatever I'm working on at the moment, although, just recently I got excited to start a new project, so put down what I was working on. I eventually frogged that first project, so just have one going again. I can see how it can happen though, lol. I'd definitely have to have more than one if I were working on a throw or afghan...I couldn't wait all that time before starting something else.

Boy, I have so many I have to sit and think about this one! (Approx 8 things)

I am still not technically done with my best friends cat afghan yet. I have yet to finish weaving all 8000 ends in!

I am almost done with the shawl for me to wear Sunday's at church. (Maybe another 4-6 motifs)

I am working on a large football pillow for my nephew

I am working on the FCEC Felted Tote for me and just started (after frogging the whole thing and starting over) the dreaded SC rows

I am also working on a really nice pillow made with my fave yarn, TLC's Amore which is super soft. It's made with white and the fringe is really gonna be pretty

Oh, I'm also pattern testing a hat which I'm stuck on at the moment. (The gauge has me all messed up!)

I'm working on a few 12" squares for some people that have requested them

Oh, I'm also trying to finish my nephew Erics snowflake afghan and I have put down the Old Glory afghan until at least after Christmas when I'll have more time to devote to it.

This isn't mentioning the fact that I bought the yarn so I can make myself a bolero and the yarn keeps calling to me but I can't start it until I finish at least 2 more projects...

Anyone else top my list?

I only ever have 2 projects going. An afghan that I do over the longterm and a small project that I generally start and finish within a day or two. I don't have much room and I like to make sure that everything I do gets done and doesn't go to waste.

Well....my WIPs....it's funny though you all, because three weeks ago I would have snorted if someone would have said I would be crocheting like a fiend and hunting yarn like a second job hahaha!....

:hookMy WIPs are as follows:

My first afghan, it's a Shell pattern out of the Blue Ribbon Afghan book...slowly but surely plugging away at that one, still aways to go though..

A second afghan to fulfil a new request from my dad in Homespun, the Waterfall one....I had to set that aside though, it was giving me a fit lol...

A Homespun scarf I started last night for my DH...it's way nicer then the one i made for myself lol....the pattern for this one is really fun and quick..It's that pretty country color too..mmm mmm!

So for now that's it, just the three things going, and I tend to rotate them so I keep fresh and interested. Although it's tough tonight, the Apprentice and ER are on lol:devil

Robin in MI:cheer

I tend to have a short attention span and need to have a few things going at once. Sometimes I'll work on just one thing until it's done, but I've been known to work on three different things in one evening, too.

Right now: a pair of socks, three doilies in various stages of completion, two bags (one finished apart from lining, one barely started and probably going to be frogged because I'm not happy with how it's working up), and a comfort pack (finished crocheting but need to sew on the last of the buttons and sew up the inner pack). So that makes, what, 6? That's probably typical. I've had as many as 10 or so going at once before, but usually only that many when they're small projects.

Other things I have going besides crochet are new bedroom curtains (I'm halfway through making them--and have been for months), a tatted edging I've been working on as a practice piece (will probably never be used because it's wonky-looking since I'm still very much a beginner at it), and a knit swatch I keep ripping apart and restarting (I have finally figured out how to purl, but it is also pretty funky-looking).

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment, I have about 6 going :hook I'm seriously disorganized and have a short attention span so I need to change off now and then... just have to remember to keep the hooks and instructions with each project :blush

Oh my count 6 behind me on couch all in various stages of almost finished all short term projects theres another in the bedroom. Soon I will get a photo session done with some stuff to share. I also get high upon finishing a project and starting new one :think

A lot. Twelve snowflakes ( 3 done,) , a Christmas doily ( poinsetta's around edge), Rose Afghan for queen size bed ( over half way finished) two men's scarves , slippers for son , two women's scarves for niece and nephew's fiancee , and several dishcloths to go with presents for two sister in law's.

Wendyb532

Hm, only two, I think. I started an afghan that I'm not sure I'm happy with, so I took a break from it. I'm also experimenting with free-form. But neither one is the kind of thing I feel like doing as the main project right now, so I suspect I'll have a third project going before long. :D

Edit; there's a third, I'm just temporarily out of yarn for it. :lol

I always have a million projects going because I get bored, distracted, etc. Right now, off the top of my head, I've got going:

*baby sweater for niece-to-be (due this week!) that I'm about 1/2 done

*striped scarf for my bf (barely started)

*booties for other new niece (one bootie completed)

*fingerless gloves for myself

Guess that doesn't seem like so many, but those are just the ones I've at least touched within the last couple of weeks. But I also have several WIM that I have yarn for but haven't started... arm warmers for myself, a hat for my bf, a hat for a friend, more baby items for Christmas gifts, striped scarf for myself..... This is definitely me right now---> :help lol!

Okay, first, let me ask what exactly is a WIP? Is it something I haven't touched in while or does it include current things I am working on now? Also, do they include other crafts too? (please say no. that list would be terribly long, I'm afraid.) Crocheted WIP's that I haven't touched in a while are about 2-3. Don't know for sure, since I would have to look through my things and would probably find things I didn't know were even there anymore. I know for sure off the top of my head that I have a thread table cloth about 1/4 of the way done. I also have 1 place setting for thread done. I love the place settings. There is a doily for the plate, cup, salad plate, and centerpeice. I would like to get the set up to at least 6 place settings. We'll see about that.

I won't get into other crafts wip's for all your sakes.:blush

Archived