How Many WIPs Do You Have Going???

Just crochet WIPs?

1) Gray wool shrug, 2) afghan holding two strands, 3) Dusty Breezy ankle length sweater using black microspun, 4) scarf for summer scarf swap, 5) white cotton filet stole.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None at all...I'm waiting to receive some thread from Herschnerr's that will become a top for my mom and I'm waiting until my daughter loses her pregnancy weight so that I can make her this.

I try not to have more than three going at once, or I go crazy. Right now, I have the 63 Squares CAL, a summer top, and a Project Linus baby blanket. I lost my mind with the baby blanket and am knitting it with size 8 needles, which means it's taking me 5 times longer than if I'd crocheted it--never again. The summer top is out of the 24-hour Crochet book. I, like everyone else, also have a myriad of projects going on in my mind. I already bought the yarn to make myself the "Must Have Blouse" out of the 24-hour Crochet book (it will be perfect for work), and I'm contemplating ordering a kit off Mary Maxim for an afghan for a friend.

Counting on crochet WIP's, I have:

1. Quick and easy Baby blanket, though it's not as quick or as easy as I'd hoped. Maybe my hook is a size too small.

2. Easy baby sweater, though I keep getting confused about with the directions. I think it would have been helpful to get more pictures. Maybe it's just me since I'm not used to making clothes.

3. Afghan. It's practically done, but I still haven't done the border yet...Not a big fan of doing borders.

4. A witch. I just need to make a nose and sew her together (dreading the sewing part).

5. A cat. This one has been a WIP for over a year. I think all that's left is sewing it together. I may have an ear or two left too.

6. Another Afghan. For this one, I've only made one square out of 48 or so. Actually it's a little small, so I've decided to change hook sizes and count that square as a guage square. Might make it into a potholder or something.

I think that's all my crochet WIP's. All other crochet projects are ones that I WANT to start but have yet to do begin.

Hmm..

I've got my self-designed "poppin' squares" afghan I'm a bit over half done making the squares for. Still need to figure out what joining method I'll use. Black mixed with very bright jewel-toned colors.

I'm working on "Vintage Lace" (Afghans for all seasons, book 2, cover pic) in light raspberry for an afghan swap with my mom.

I guess I have a flower afghan from Afghans for all Seasons 1 I started a couple of years ago. I made a bunch of the centers, but have to locate it and start it again. (Forgot about this one)

I have Hunter green yarn for a very simple double-thick afghan, Heather grey yarn for a "Cosmopolitan wrap", other yarn... I have more yarn and desired projects than I have time. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Have to admit, I tend to work harder finishing something if its for someone else, unless for my DH, which I can put off 'cause he's so understanding! As for my WIPs or UFOs or whatever you want to call 'em I don't think I want to count them. I'm restarting crocheting this last 6 mo. or so, from a 15 or more year break. And I keep starting new stuff that is in my mind, and then going "Ooohh, THATS cool," and starting that, and then......

I think I'm hopeless.

I currently have 3 WIP's.

I am working on my first graph ghan, the batman logo for hubby. I have finished the graph, now I am dreding tucking in all the ends. I also need to boarder it for about a foot around because it turned out smaller then I had planned. All single crochet is driving me nuts!

I am working on a baby blanket for best friend who is due in October, alot of squares to make and then put together. Still have time on that thank god.

Finally working on a wrap for self.

I do find working with different stiches and different hook sizes helps me not to get board and helps my hands and wrist not cramp up. (Now I sound way older than my 28 years).

Granny square afghan for DH, "that 70's" full length vest, oh :oops and that last granny square slipper I need to sew together. :shrug

:remember

Is that now considered a UFO and not a WIP? :laughroll

I'm gearing up for the Kitchen and Bath Swap so all will be set aside for a bit longer. :hook

Just for the heck of it, I started counting. Good grief!

4 belts

4 purses

half a dozen or so flowers

I'm afraid to count the sewing projects. :help

Am working on a stole for my neighbors daughter, a Harry Potter scarf for my neighbors son, an afghan for myself (which is now so far back on the burner it may never get finished). I need to make 4 baby blankets, curtains for my kitchen and who knows what else.:thair

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 baby blankets going right now (one is almost done), an afghan and a scarf. I'm slackin! I usually have 3 or 4 baby blankets in various stages of completion but I've been busy with other stuff lately. So just 4 for me right now.

Archived