2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I think I need an intervention! My first Joann order can in today--23 skeins.

Then I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon. I shouldn't have even gone down the yarn aisle. Ended up getting a bunch of cotton and some Vanna's Choice 6 oz skeins that have been marked down for a while--16 skeins total.

My second Joann order is supposed to be here Thursday.

I've used 4 skeins in a shawl and down to a ball on a skein of cotton in a dishcloth, but it's going to take a lot more crocheting than that!

Aren't we supposed to be competing for Gold, Silver and Bronze? Seems several of us really want the Shoot the Moon award this week. :rofl

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who want the shoot the moon, you need to buy a lot more yarn to catch Mona. And I think there's one other that's got a whole bunch of yarn they were just given. Not sure who though.

That's okay. You guys can squabble over StM but I'm just trying to get a couple of afghans done. LOL

Those who want the shoot the moon, you need to buy a lot more yarn to catch Mona. And I think there's one other that's got a whole bunch of yarn they were just given. Not sure who though.

That's okay. You guys can squabble over StM but I'm just trying to get a couple of afghans done. LOL

It's me :blush The yarn given to me is in my trunk, not yet in the house. And the yarn which was ordered should be on my doorstep today. :ohdear

Okay, I want to play. Although, I bought 7 skeins on Sunday and 5 more today. :lol I have used up 3 skeins so far this week. I'm working on a kittens in a row scrap afghan that will help!

:turtle:vheart

Okay, I want to play. Although, I bought 7 skeins on Sunday and 5 more today. :lol I have used up 3 skeins so far this week. I'm working on a kittens in a row scrap afghan that will help!

Brag Brag Brag :rofl

I was able to roll one skein down to a ball. Yay me!! :clap:clap:clap

Seems to me I can bring in a bunch of skeins from the community stash at work and still be safe from shooting the moon. :)

Yep! My other Joann order came today--another 16 skeins. I'm not sure I can count high enough--or rather low enough--for this week!

Went home to find a nice package by my crochet chair. Hubby is like "Gee, wonder what that could be" (big ole grin on his face). Thank God for an understanding hubby.

About an hour later I brought in the big ole bag of yarn that was in my trunk. (the one my boss gave me). "honey, did you see all the yarn in that bag?" "Sure did. I was sitting next to you when you opened it." "uh, no, honey, the one over there by the hope chest" He takes a peek..."You weren't kidding about a big bag full of yarn." (huge grin on his face)

Yup...gotta love him. :manyheart

Went home to find a nice package by my crochet chair. Hubby is like "Gee, wonder what that could be" (big ole grin on his face). Thank God for an understanding hubby.

About an hour later I brought in the big ole bag of yarn that was in my trunk. (the one my boss gave me). "honey, did you see all the yarn in that bag?" "Sure did. I was sitting next to you when you opened it." "uh, no, honey, the one over there by the hope chest" He takes a peek..."You weren't kidding about a big bag full of yarn." (huge grin on his face)

What a great guy! My husband would have been groaning (good naturedly) and mumbling about being over-run with yarn and his crazy old yarn-hoarding wife!!! :rofl

What a great guy! My husband would have been groaning (good naturedly) and mumbling about being over-run with yarn and his crazy old yarn-hoarding wife!!! :rofl

I'm lucky to have a husband who has several hobbies that are lots more expensive and take up lots more room than any of mine!

I need to get my hubby into some hobbies that don't involve counting my stash :)

(truly, he doesn't care.. he gets awesome stuff out of the deal hehehe)

That's part of my husband's gripes is that I have "never made anything for him" ... :lol

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +4

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +4

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

As long as you don't get his walls dirty... :rofl

O.k. Here we go. After much shopping this past weekend and the large bag of yarn from my boss, this is what I have come up with....

WTD -305 :faint

In the big bag, I was able to save 100 skeins and 48 balls. Most of it is some yarn I've never heard of - Bernat Craftsman Rug Wool.

Now to figure out how and where to store all of this. :eek

O.k. Here we go. After much shopping this past weekend and the large bag of yarn from my boss, this is what I have come up with....

WTD -305 :faint

In the big bag, I was able to save 100 skeins and 48 balls. Most of it is some yarn I've never heard of - Bernat Craftsman Rug Wool.

Now to figure out how and where to store all of this. :eek

Now that's impressive! As the resident YTD Shoot the Mooner- Uhhhh, Shoot the Moon winner, I relinquish my title.:lol (The year's still young, though; last year I won it handily with a -646.:devil)

Archived