Chelsie - 18" doll - Image Intense

darski

Chelsie… 18” doll :pinterest

the PDF is here:Chelsie-18 inch doll.pdf

post-4896-135897599126_thumb.jpg

post-4896-13589759913_thumb.jpg

I had the fabric at one time to make an outfit for my DGD Chelsie in black, white (Houndstooth) and yellow. Since Sheila came in a Houndstooth coat I just had to make her an outfit in these colours.

You need an elastic waistband, a covered hair band and various trims and buttons.

DNBO = do not break off.

5.mm hook and black ww yarn.

Bell bottoms…

Stagger all inc. and dec.

post-4896-135897599133_thumb.jpg

Legs… DNBO after 2nd leg.

Ch 22 and join to form ring

Rows 1-2: dc evenly around.. (22 dc)

Rows 3-4: dc around working 2 dec on ea row.(18 dc @ row 4)

Rows 5-7: dc evenly around. (18 dc)

Rows 8-10: inc by 2 every round.(24 dc @ row 10).

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 3 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc] over the three stitches, work 3 TR into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T4: work evenly in dc.

Row T5: work dc but work 1 decrease on each side of back (2 decreases).

Row T6: work a row of hdc around an elastic waistband. Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Top…

w/ yellow and 5.mm hook

ch 32…

Row 1: 2dc in 4th ch from hook, 2dc in ea to last ch. dc in last. (58dc)

Rows 2-3: dc evenly

post-4896-13589759914_thumb.jpg

Row 3: dc in 7, ch 1, sk 15. dc in 14, ch 1, sk 15, dc in 7.

Row 4: hdc in 4, dc in 3, dc into sleeve opening, dc in 3, hdc in 8, dc in 3, dc into sleeve opening, dc in 3, hdc in 4.

Row 5: dc evenly. (30 dc) break off yellow. Att white yarn.

Row 6: *2 sc in 1st, spike sc in next* rep to last 2 sts, 2sc in 1, sc in last. (45 sc)

Rows 7-8: dc evenly

At this point you should be at the left back edge. Turn and work a row of sc up and back down this edge. Work sc/2dc in the corner to turn it evenly.

Row 9: dc evenly across bottom of top.

Again turn and work a row of sc up and down this edge. Work in your button loops as you come back down the edge. Break off and tidy all ends.

Ponytail hat…

post-4896-135897599144_thumb.jpg

Need covered hair elastic,

w/ yellow ww yarn and 5.5mm hook…

foundation row… work 30 sc over elastic and join.

Row 1: [dc in 5, 2dc in next] twice, dc in 2, hdc in 3, 2hdc in next, hdc in 3, dc in 2, 2 dc in next, dc in 5.

Row 2-3: dc evenly.

Row 4: hdc in 3, hdc dec, hdc in 10, hdc/2dc in next, dc/hdc in next, hdc in 10, hdc in 3.

Row 5: sc in 18, 3sc in next, sc to end. Break off and tidy all ends.

This hat was made specifically to allow for Sheila’s hairstyle. However, it works just as well with a doll that did not come with a ponytail as seen here…post-4896-135897599147_thumb.jpg

It would not make much sense if a doll had short hair or hair that will not agree to fit this. :wlol

The sausage purse…

post-4896-13589759915_thumb.jpg

Join all rounds.

w/ black ww yarn and 5mm hook… ch 18

Row 1:sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain to last , 2sc in last, sc to beg, 1 more sc in beg ch.

Row 2: sc evenly.

Secure but DNBO black. Att yellow and leave a goodly tail if you plan to add trims.

Row 3: hdc evenly around. Break off yellow again leaving a goodly tail.

Att white and leave a goodly tail if you plan to add trims.

Row 4: work as row 3.

Pick up black.

Rows 5-6 sc evenly.

Row 7: sc dec around.

Strap…

Ch 35 and sc into other side of purse. Work sc along the back edge (the one without the tails showing) to the center and form **button loop. cont in sc around edge, break off and tidy end.

**Button loop: ch 6, sl st in 5th ch from hook and in next ch.

Sew on button… I put a smaller button under my decorative one for easier closing..

Add trims as you wish.

The “scarf” in the pic is just a yarn twist made with each of the colours.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker , I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897599113_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897599135_thumb.jpg

Edited by darski
pdf added
  • Like 1

I just mailed this off to a "Santa" effort. I admit that I kind of wish I had had longer to enjoy it. :(

but some little girl will be pleased I am sure. :c9

Thank you all for your kind thoughts on my work.

• 7 years later...
1 minute ago, Linda2032 said:

I love this pattern . I plan to try it as soon as i get time .thanks 

this works up very quickly and your colour choices make all the sizzle for little effort :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...