November Charity CAL 11/18 - 11/23

nicolep

Okay this is ridiculous. Got up to temps in the low 30's with about half inch of snow. Up to 4" by noon. This afternoon/evening the power has gone out twice. I put a small LED flashlight on my collar so that I could crochet! DD left work at 4pm in Seattle...it is now 8:45pm and she still is not home on a drive that would normally take her 20min in regular traffic. Our roads are a sheet of ice and when you live in cities that are extremely hilly...it is a nightmare. Lastest weather report is for winds of 30-60 mph overnight. Interstate is a parking lot vs one big accident! DH cannot get our generator working. He was going to go out for fresh gas and a new battery earlier today but got busy on a project and didn't want to stop. Hope we don't regret it. We quickly fixed a quick dinner when the lights came back on....they are flickering regularly and the winds are picking up....I can tell by my wind chimes (cathedral bells)...they are beautiful to listen to. So, all of you who are dealing with inclement weather, stay safe, stay warm! I did get 8 rectangles made today.

:hug I hope your daughter made it home or to a safe place last night and keep warm!!!

We are currently sitting at 14! Luckily our power only flickered a few times last night, the road is pure ice, we are not going anywhere today

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's crazy about the weather you two are experiencing. I hope everyone stays safe. :hug

We are having record heat here. It was 70 degrees yesterday. That's something like 30 degrees above average. It cooled down some today though. Our high is going to be in the 50's.

Morning everyone. Power stayed on all night. Temp at 18 when I got up at 5am, news saying wind chill at -4. This is so unusual for us. DD got home at 9:40pm; friends left doctor appt in Seattle at 5pm and got home to Tacoma at 12:15am. We kept calling their cell every couple of hours as she had a postop visit with throat/thyroid surgery one week ago. Frame of the "tent carport" over DH truck was demolished by a falling tree limb last night but truck okay. It's been lots of hot cocoa since I got up. Finished my Pounder of royal blue last night. On my third rectangle in RHSS Pumpkin this morning. Boy that Pounder sure felt a lot softer than the RHSS. 20 rectangles completed and hoping to get several more done yet today. Housework is beckoning though...darn.

1 cat mat

18 cat toys

My mom is doing better. She has a crazy blood disorder that gets a little touchy now and then. Friday was NOT a good day, but her count was up a little when she followed up with the doctor on Monday.

Hope everyone is warm and safe!

Oh, I took a picture of my toys last night. Not because they are so amazing, but I wanted you to see them after they were "field tested" by my husband and our youngest cat. Maybe I can post the picture tonight after I get Tom in his brine bath.

Archived