CLLinda

So who is a member of CGOA?

What is the CGOA? This sounds like an organization with a national convention?

I'm so sorry, I just saw this post today!

Yes, CGOA is the Crochet Guild of America. We have a national convention every year; actually, this year we're having TWO!

We'll meet in Minneapolis the last week of July and Greensboro, NC at the end of September. There are classes, the CGOA national meeting, Club Caron dance party, a member banquet and fashion show, a design competition, inducting Jean Leinhauser (posthumously) into the Crochet Hall of Fame, and so much more! You can hang around in the knit and crochet lounge or the hotel lobby, just crocheting along with other stitchers. It's easy to find a group going out to lunch or dinner together, and there's all the shopping to do on the show floor! Lots and lots and lots of gorgeous yarn.

You can find all the basic details about the conferences on this page of the CGOA website, with a link to the detailed class schedule, pricing, and registration information on the Knit and Crochet Show website.

I'll be attending both events. I encourage everyone in reasonable driving distance to at least come shop and say hello to me, even if you can't take a class. For those who are able, I highly encourage you to attend one or both conferences. It's a fabulous week of crochet heaven you'll never forget!

Just thought I'd add, for those members and site visitors who don't know, I'm president of the CGOA this year. :)

• Like 1

I joined just a couple of weeks ago! :) I live pretty close to Greensboro so I'm hoping to get up there this year for conference. :hook

I am a member and I also am a reviewer. I am one of the people who review the portfolios of the Masters program.

• Like 1

I recently became a member when I signed up to attend the conference in Minneapolis. Really looking forward to seeing and meeting other crocheters. I belong to a stitching group in my neighborhood but there is only one other person who crochets - all other knit.

I just recently got a 2 year membership as I am going to try for next fall for a conference.

I am a member just joined in Nov. 2012, had been thinking of joining for a long time. Been crocheting for 27 years, I wonder if I will be able to make it to one of the convention's, if the kids don't need me as taxi mom. 

I joined, but nothing that it close by for me to participate in.  Feeling left out... :D

I just joined an am going to the Summer conference; quite excited!!

I belong to the guild but no longer review portfolios at this time. Since I both knit and crochet, I belong to both guilds. I go to LYS for both knitting and crochet is done there. Not many do crocheting but I hope it increases!