So who is a member of CGOA?

I was a member about 7 years ago when the convention came to the Chicagoland area, and then I dropped it, due to lack of funds.

I decided to join again and I was wondering who is a member here. Just curious.

:manyheart

Donna and I are both professional members of CGOA plus Crochetville is a corporate member.

I know there are others here who are members, but I'll let them identify themselves. :)

I was a member about 7 years ago when the convention came to the Chicagoland area, and then I dropped it, due to lack of funds.

I decided to join again and I was wondering who is a member here. Just curious.

:manyheart

I went to the Chicago convention! I loved seeing so many crocheters in one place. The big plus was Saturday night. I didn't know until I got to the hotel that a chapter of another organization in which I'm active was holding an event.

I've kept my membership up. I keep my membership as a way of supporting crochet. I'm not in the profession (not a designer, don't work in the yarn industry, don't own crochet websites).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm a member...working on becoming an Associated Professional. I had let my membership lapse for a few years, but rejoined recently.

I thought about joining once just because i have had so many people ask me to teach them to crochet.Wondering if it would be worth it since I would not be financially able to attend conferences and such. I am currently working full time and going to school but I am still thinking about joining.

IF you wanted to teach at a Michael's Craft Store - then you need to go through the certification program offered by Craft Yarn Council

http://craftyarncouncil.com/teach.html

It's my understanding you can teach if you so choose to, without having that program.

Anyone reading this can correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 months later...

Archived